Danny Shiittu on QPR (I think)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Danny Shiittu on QPR (I think)

"'think about it.....its funny how they could have kept their old team of players who wanted to fight and scrap for a club they believed in"

"and they could have saved themselves a lot of money while getting the same or better outcome. Smh'"

https://twitter.com/dan****tu

I can't disagree with anything here to be honest! With him on this 100%
    "When you went to the corner and saw our fans celebrating the way they were you just wanted to be part of it" - Shaun Derry after we beat the scum 1-0

Hindsight is 20/20 tbf

Comment

end of the day we got carried away at the close of the first transfer window. warnock couldn't control barton, swp was a massive flop and then tony got worried about us going down and decided to splash the cash to ensure we would stay up for years to come.
      Soldier: "im on reconnaissance sir.. im looking for our camouflage expert.. have you seen him?"
      Lovejoy: "No?!"
      Soldier: "GOD DAMNIT THAT GUYS GOOD!"

Please Follow My Twitter

Comment

lets not romanticise our old team, the squad flavio left us with was never going to survive them prem

but we bought poorly

Comment

Originally posted by QPRSCLART View Post
          lets not romanticise our old team, the squad flavio left us with was never going to survive them prem

but we bought poorly
          Very true.
          We needed to strengthen, but every player we bought was either injury prone, or performed well below par. Also, I believe more than one player we bought, just didn't have enough respect for our club, our fans, and had the 'who the hell do they think they are?' attitude.

Comment

Originally posted by QPRSCLART View Post

but we bought poorly

Because of Flavio we were never given a proper opportunity to prepare in advance to be in the Prem and unfortunatley have been playing catch up ever since

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post

Because of Flavio we were never given a proper opportunity to prepare in advance to be in the Prem and unfortunatley have been playing catch up ever since
              Its certainly true that Norwich and Swansea had an entire summer to prepare for it, unlike us.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley76 View Post
                Its certainly true that Norwich and Swansea had an entire summer to prepare for it, unlike us.
                we had all this summer though, and what did we do? if we had just bought samba, cisse and remy at the start of the season you prob cd have saved the money on the rest of them.

Comment

Originally posted by stainrodisalegend View Post
                  we had all this summer though, and what did we do?
                  Difference was we had Mark Hughes and his 'sport-science' entourage (Mark Bowen even admitted on Talksport the other day that some of their methods are now outdated in the modern game). Meanwhile Swansea had Michael Laudrup, a savvy young European manager who continued and improved on where Brendan Rogers left off and made very astute signings like Michu. And Norwich had Hughton, who again continued the good work from the groundwork Paul Lambert laid, their players had already gelled and had no superstars, just a good team-spirit and strong work ethic.

Comment

Our championship winning side was too old meaning we needed a whole new squad. Swans and Norwich still have a nucleus that made the step up. Lets hope if/when we go down the club learn from them and start again with young hungry players with a few old heads so that major overhauls aren't required again.

Comment

What Annoys me about threads like this and a lot of the ones on here is that in the 2 summers and 2 January's that we have had since returning to the prem. many if not most on here were bating for big name signings , mocking the likes of Norwich for the players they were signing. Slagging of our championship players as not good enough for the prem.

Well you got what you asked for , players from Real Madrid, players with prem experience, champions league winners and now low and behold you are still not happy and blaming everyone left right and centre, slipping on the rose tinted weren't the old days so much better glasses.

You can't have it both ways shake hands with the devil and then go back and say actually the old way was so much better.

Comment

Originally posted by 3London View Post
                        What Annoys me about threads like this and a lot of the ones on here is that in the 2 summers and 2 January's that we have had since returning to the prem. many if not most on here were bating for big name signings , mocking the likes of Norwich for the players they were signing. Slagging of our championship players as not good enough for the prem.

Well you got what you asked for , players from Real Madrid, players with prem experience, champions league winners and now low and behold you are still not happy and blaming everyone left right and centre, slipping on the rose tinted weren't the old days so much better glasses.

You can't have it both ways shake hands with the devil and then go back and say actually the old way was so much better.
                        dont think anybody can disagree with this.. hindsight is a wonderful thing but i'll admit that we should've stuck with warnock even if it meant us going down. we'd be in a better shape today if that was the case. only mistake NW made was signing barton. again hindsight wonderful thing.

just to clarify I was also one of those fans wanted bigger names but without risk to our future.
                        Soldier: "im on reconnaissance sir.. im looking for our camouflage expert.. have you seen him?"
                        Lovejoy: "No?!"
                        Soldier: "GOD DAMNIT THAT GUYS GOOD!"

Please Follow My Twitter

Comment

Don't get me wrong, I was also delighted when we signed some of our bigger players and the squad we have should on paper at least be good enough for a comfortable mid table finish. The squad is every bit as good as the likes of stoke, Sunderland and Fulham. But what they have that we don't is prem experience as a club. I said when we came up that we would probably have to yo yo for a few seasons rather like all the comparable teams around us..reading stoke WBA Newcastle Norwich have all gone up and down and back up again..wolves Blackburn and Bolton have experienced this and are now rebuilding. I think if we go down as looks likely we will have the experience and structure to come straight back up like Newcastle and west brom. Whilst doing a bit of contractual cleaning along the way.

One step back to take two steps forward and all that!

Comment

Working...
                          X