Just Met Tony Fernandes!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just Met Tony Fernandes!

Hello all, new poster here although i've followed the forums for a year or two. Anyway, so i'm a huge rangers fan and a student at oxford and Tony came to come and do a talk about AirAsia and i made sure i sat at the front, proudly wearing my QPR shirt. He singled me out at the start and was so delighted and impressed that I was sat there in my QPR shirt that he invited me to come and sit next to him on saturday at the united game! I'm still in shock and unbelievably excited, this is just beyond anything I could have ever have dreamt of!
    Anyway, I got chatting to him after, and I just thought that you may all be interested in what he has to say...
    Firstly, he is a lovely chap, unbelievably kind, intelligent and above all funny and we can all be very proud that he's associated with our club. Like myself and one or two others on here, he remains confident of us staying up this year and thinks we can get a result against united. He also explained how he is ambitious, he is a dreamer and he will definitely not be walking away from the club if the worst happens and we do go down. He was quick to cite the example of Newcastle who of course bounced straight back up. They are still looking into arrangements for a new stadium, but this is definitely going to happen. Above all, he just wants to take us to the top, transform qpr and leave a legacy at the club, which is why he look over a club like ours as opposed to, as he put it, a club like liverpool.
    In short, we could not be in better hands i feel.
    Thanks for reading, COME ON YOU R'SSSS!

Originally posted by QPRMad View Post
    Hello all, new poster here although i've followed the forums for a year or two. Anyway, so i'm a huge rangers fan and a student at oxford and Tony came to come and do a talk about AirAsia and i made sure i sat at the front, proudly wearing my QPR shirt. He singled me out at the start and was so delighted and impressed that I was sat there in my QPR shirt that he invited me to come and sit next to him on saturday at the united game! I'm still in shock and unbelievably excited, this is just beyond anything I could have ever have dreamt of!
    Anyway, I got chatting to him after, and I just thought that you may all be interested in what he has to say...
    Firstly, he is a lovely chap, unbelievably kind, intelligent and above all funny and we can all be very proud that he's associated with our club. Like myself and one or two others on here, he remains confident of us staying up this year and thinks we can get a result against united. He also explained how he is ambitious, he is a dreamer and he will definitely not be walking away from the club if the worst happens and we do go down. He was quick to cite the example of Newcastle who of course bounced straight back up. They are still looking into arrangements for a new stadium, but this is definitely going to happen. Above all, he just wants to take us to the top, transform qpr and leave a legacy at the club, which is why he look over a club like ours as opposed to, as he put it, a club like liverpool.
    Do you fancy Tony?

..... have a great time, enjoy it!

Comment

Nice one, well done. What are you studying?

Comment

Firstly, he is a lovely chap, unbelievably kind...
        Yes, he was unbelievably kind to Mark Hughes for unbelievably long time.
        Banning people is no longer my hobby,
        but take a look at my photo blog:

http://kirillqpr.blogspot.com/

How and why did I start supporting QPR in Estonia:
        http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/blog.php?b=852

Comment

Originally posted by Kirill View Post
          Yes, he was unbelievably kind to Mark Hughes for unbelievably long time.
          You really have got out your little house bed the wrong side this morning aint ya? Why don't you have a run in your wheel and chill the f*ck out a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by SpankwiR View Post
            You really have got out your little house bed the wrong side this morning aint ya? Why don't you have a run in your wheel and chill the f*ck out a bit.
            No, I can't chill, I am certain we would not have been so many points adrift at the bottom of the table had the club leadership been more decisive and swift in getting rid of Hughes in the autumn. They shot themselves and all of us in the foot.

Comment

These posts are exactly the reason why it makes me so angry when people have a dig at him. QPR will never have a Chairman like this again.

I've said it before & I'll say it again, if QPR fans make him walk then I'll turn my back on not the club but the fans
              Under Les Ferdinand:
              Luke Freeman, top assists in the league: 4million
              Alex Smithies, great goalie for this club: 3,5million
              Charlie Austin, 19 Premier League goals: 4million
              Jack Robinson: Contract ran out, left for free
              And many more mistakes

LES FERDINAND, IT'S TIME TO GO

Comment

No, I can't chill, I am certain we would not have been so many points adrift at the bottom of the table had the club leadership been more decisive and swift in getting rid of Hughes in the autumn. They shot themselves and all of us in the foot.
                3 points Saturday and you watch us stay up.

Comment

Good to read Mad, I'm pleased that you found Mr F to be so agreeable. I have had the pleasure of meeting and working with the man on more than one occasion and he really is inspirational.
                  I've posted various stories about him and his work ethic in the past and will say again that I'm just gutted that all my dealings with him came before he was involved at Rangers.
                  I keep hoping that we will get to work together again one day so I can spend my time talking non stop Rangers with him. Although it seems unlikely, he does get involved in some brilliant and imaginative projects so who knows
                  #standuptocancer
                  #inyourfacecancer

Comment

Originally posted by SpankwiR View Post
                    3 points Saturday and you watch us stay up.
                    Yes, we can beat United and win a few more games by the end of the season, but we won't get enough points for survival, we are much worse off than we were last season. Some people will lay the blame squarely on Hughes but cr@p managers rarely walk, they have to be sacked - promptly.

Comment

Originally posted by 12321 View Post
                      Nice one, well done. What are you studying?
                      Cheers mate, Economics & Management

And I get your point, but we can't change anything now. We're not down yet, and with the games we've got we're in with a shout, let's properly get behind the boys on Saturday. Hopefully Shaun will put in a crunching tackle on Ashley Young in the first 5 minutes haha!

Comment

thankyou

thankyou for such a lovely piece i really love tony and hope he will stay if we drop i want us to do a newcastle and rebound straight away,its really bad when people critisize tony ,hes the best chairman since jim gregory,he has all these dreams and aspirations,and he can unlock enormous financial clout if we can only get our acts together on the pitch,lets not all startr having a pop at each other kerilll is very angry that we didnt get rid of hughes quicker,but theres no reason to all have a pop at each other,i think we can survive but if not we will keep arrry boy and come straight back up
                        Click here to view my blog.

More...

Comment

Make sure you ask TF what he thinks of the Mattyrangers ban ?
                          "Steve, do you think 25k is a good option when there are indications that within four years, new stadiums on average have increased attendances of 60%?
                          For us that would mean around 29k."

QPR Richard 16-12-2013 10.08pm

Comment

TF's a really good egg. Top man. Anyone who slates him- as opposed to constructively criticize him- is insane. Nice post, QPRMad.

Comment

Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
                              TF's a really good egg. Top man. Anyone who slates him- as opposed to constructively criticize him- is insane. Nice post, QPRMad.
                              Being a good kind man is not enough in a position of power and responsibility. You have to make tough choices and seemingly cruel decisions sometimes. Hughes should have been sacked earlier. I certainly hope Fernandes stays when we get relegated and helps us bounce back up, because his procrastinating last autumn is partially responsible for our current predicament.

Comment

Working...
                              X