No announcement yet.

Twitter account launched for Korean fans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

its a great idea yes but the club are yet to do anything massive that caters for the old fans (pre briatore) only things that brings in new fans
    i supported qpr in the glory days when chris kiwomya and michael ngonge played up front

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
      Who says we are buying them purely for marketing? This new recruit we've got was wanted by Man City in the summer - obviously a talented player. And "taking care" of our local support? As if we don't already have an English twitter account? That's all it is - a twitter account, it's not like the board have said Koreans get cheaper tickets. They're simply trying to open communication networks with a new found element of our fan base which isn't a bad thing is it? They're fans that, whether they're here long term or not, are currently attending our games and thus pumping money into the club - why some people begrudge that I don't know. It's more than plenty of our "local" fans do these days.
      spot on

Comment

The board are never going to please everyone and are never going to meet everyone's requests. Some fans are more than happy to praise our foreign owners but don't want to welcome foreign fans - how bizarre. Every club needs to grow their fan base if they want to make a profit. You are kidding yourself if you think our owners truely love our club. They are here to do business, to make money! Fernandes has already admitted that he is a West Ham fan

Comment

What about a QPR Twitter account for Estonians? Come on, just do it.
          Banning people is no longer my hobby,
          but take a look at my photo blog:

http://kirillqpr.blogspot.com/

How and why did I start supporting QPR in Estonia:
          http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/blog.php?b=852

Comment

Originally posted by PeterG View Post
            Dont have a problem with tweeting in korean although obviously there will be a cost involved and someone will need to monitor and reply in korean as well

However I can see why some people might be pretty peeved that the club are moving forward with this sort of communication when long standing st holders have written in to the club on a number of occasions whithot reply

Extended multilingual marketing excellent but get the basics right first

That was my point aswell.
            QPR
            Best team in the world
            Sort of

Comment

What basics ? every fan thinks they should get a response when they write to the club or stuff should be done this way ect . In reality that will never happen .

Comment

for me,
                it shows the CLUB have lost all sense of understanding US, the current die hards
                it's slap in the face....i have emailed the club over and over with no reply! no as a "season ticket holder" of many years, thats shocking and terrible customer care.
                the club want to build a data base for any future new ground, well don't be over ambitious cos 30,000 is more than enough for the odd season in the prem.
                fans will return who were PRICED OUT, if we have a big drop.
                many of the new fans won't be seen next season v peterboro or someone like that.
                exploring global markets is one thing, don't ignore the die hards, regulars!
                i'm sick of seeing man utd and arsenal coats with a new qpr scarf wrapped round!

Comment

Originally posted by QprSinceBirth View Post
                  What basics ? every fan thinks they should get a response when they write to the club or stuff should be done this way ect . In reality that will never happen .

If thatīs the case, itīs not neccessary to have an official tweet account at all then.
                  Last edited by Shania; 16-02-2013, 07:02 PM.
                  QPR
                  Best team in the world
                  Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by themodfather View Post
                    for me,
                    it shows the CLUB have lost all sense of understanding US, the current die hards
                    it's slap in the face....i have emailed the club over and over with no reply! no as a "season ticket holder" of many years, thats shocking and terrible customer care.
                    the club want to build a data base for any future new ground, well don't be over ambitious cos 30,000 is more than enough for the odd season in the prem.
                    fans will return who were PRICED OUT, if we have a big drop.
                    many of the new fans won't be seen next season v peterboro or someone like that.
                    exploring global markets is one thing, don't ignore the die hards, regulars!
                    i'm sick of seeing man utd and arsenal coats with a new qpr scarf wrapped round!
                    If we were midtable, you would be fine with this. We've been ****, so you and many others pick on the easiest scapegoat - the Koreans. Pretty poor form.

All they've done is added a twitter account for Korean speakers. It's not for 121 communication with individual fans. It will be the same as the English twitter feed, a general update for all fans. Whats the problem?

Comment

Originally posted by Jeems View Post
                      If we were midtable, you would be fine with this. We've been ****, so you and many others pick on the easiest scapegoat - the Koreans. Pretty poor form.

All they've done is added a twitter account for Korean speakers. It's not for 121 communication with individual fans. It will be the same as the English twitter feed, a general update for all fans. Whats the problem?
                      Exactly! it's just a twitter account! The criticism is ridiculous!

Comment

if this can create new revenue streams via web marketing, affiliate advertising and merchandising it is a good thing to do. Nothing wrong promoting our club/brand beyond west london, god knows next season we will need as much revenue as we can get. What is actually wrong with a QPR Korean twitter account anyway??

Comment

I think fans are less relevant to Premier League clubs these days because of TV revenues. Fans are a small percentage of overall turnover in comparison and as such are less highly regarded. The spending in the last year has been an investment in branding and marketing and has changed the culture of the club. The money has not been for the fans but for longer term business interests beyond the scope of football. As a result of throwing money around rather than investing in firm football driven planning we are left supporting Frankenstein's #####. Ugly, smells a bit and has a short shelf life.

Comment

Working...
                          X