Gary Bannister: The Rarely Mentioned Legend – Part One

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ric-Roc View Post
    My favourite player as a kid & scored a brace along with a Wayne Fereday goal in a 3-0 over Forest in about 1988 I think it was at my first ever Rangers game.
    mmmmmm....rocky you beinga bit liberal with your age old boy???
    you know nothing john snow!!!!

Comment

Brilliant bloke, met him & Gary Waddock in Bushey for a few beers on the Thursday before a home game v Coventry (Saturday), we were flying, a win would have put us 4th I think, what happened, typical Rangers, John Byrnes scores the best own goal with a header and we lose 0-2

Comment

Originally posted by loftbalcony View Post
        Great read about bannister , so many memories of my best times following rangers during my early 20's.
        One of the best away days I ever had was the 3-3 draw at Oxford the week before we played them in the milk cup final , we had gone to the pub across the road from the away end at 11.30 and missed the first 5 mins of a 3pm ko , anyone else go to that game ? A real away day with loads of beer and cheering on the r's from an open terrace end.
        I remember going to Oxford away the next season and winning 1.0 , it was going off before and after that game as well .
        Rangers,Scooters ,Tunes and Trainers

Comment

Working...
        X