Gary Bannister: The Rarely Mentioned Legend – Part One

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gary Bannister: The Rarely Mentioned Legend – Part One

The spring of 1984 was not the best of times in Great Britain. The miners were at loggerheads with Maggie Thatcher’s government over pit closures, leading to violence between striking miners and the police at picket lines, WPC Yvonne Fletcher was shot and killed during a siege at the Libyan Embassy and unemployment reached a record of 3,260,000. By contrast, things couldn’t be much better for fans of Queen’s Park Rangers as we were coming off one of the most … Continue reading →

More...

nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

Originally posted by MYU View Post
      The spring of 1984 was not the best of times in Great Britain. The miners were at loggerheads with Maggie Thatcher’s government over pit closures, leading to violence between striking miners and the police at picket lines, WPC Yvonne Fletcher was shot and killed during a siege at the Libyan Embassy and unemployment reached a record of 3,260,000. By contrast, things couldn’t be much better for fans of Queen’s Park Rangers as we were coming off one of the most … Continue reading →

More...
      What a great read !!

One of my favourite players along with Stainrod when I started going to W12 .

Saddest bit about that whole piece is remending me of the let down of the '86 milk cup final ..... If ever a trophy was there for the taking !!

Comment

what i`d give for Bannister and Byrne now .....
        Rangers,Scooters ,Tunes and Trainers

Comment

Indeed, Bannister never really gets any recognition for the goals he scored for Rangers. He had a fine career without really getting noticed. For some of our less informed posters who don't know so much about the Club's history, I'm sure it will be good for them to read this article as it shows that things like the managerial merry go round and player power are not new phenomenons at our Club
          #standuptocancer
          #inyourfacecancer

Comment

My favourite player as a kid & scored a brace along with a Wayne Fereday goal in a 3-0 over Forest in about 1988 I think it was at my first ever Rangers game.

Comment

A great read. My younger self wrote a letter of complaint to the club when he was sold to Coventry. It was the end of my world!
              I actually received a personal reply from the club that I still have in the loft somewhere :-)

Comment

Had a proper decent barnet that me and all my mates used to try and copy. The old side parting martin

Him and Byrne were superb together as a pairing

Comment

My hero

Comment

Originally posted by Bigdave View Post
                    Had a proper decent barnet that me and all my mates used to try and copy. The old side parting martin

Him and Byrne were superb together as a pairing
                    Great Barnet, as did Byrne - cracking high lights, channings was me favourite though.
                    "The kids missed everything from Queens Park Rangers to Conkers".

London Pride has been handed down to us.
                    London Pride is a flower that's free.
                    London Pride means our own dear town to us,
                    And our pride it for ever will be.

Comment

gary 'one foot smaller than the other' bannister rooted my mates now wife days after her sixteenth birthday after a rangers players do!..................fact!
                      you know nothing john snow!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Factamondo View Post
                        gary 'one foot smaller than the other' bannister rooted my mates now wife days after her sixteenth birthday after a rangers players do!..................fact!
                        Leg not foot.
                        "The kids missed everything from Queens Park Rangers to Conkers".

London Pride has been handed down to us.
                        London Pride is a flower that's free.
                        London Pride means our own dear town to us,
                        And our pride it for ever will be.

Comment

well whatever it was lones my mate gets the right michael taken out of him over it.....his missus well known bint from the bush as wel!!

Comment

Great read about bannister , so many memories of my best times following rangers during my early 20's.
                            One of the best away days I ever had was the 3-3 draw at Oxford the week before we played them in the milk cup final , we had gone to the pub across the road from the away end at 11.30 and missed the first 5 mins of a 3pm ko , anyone else go to that game ? A real away day with loads of beer and cheering on the r's from an open terrace end.

Comment

i always remember meeting their mob full on and getting a shoeing!

Comment

Working...
                              X