I can't put my finger on it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I can't put my finger on it

I can't put my finger on why we are such a useless football team!!

I'm trying to be rational. We have Julio Cesar, who could probably play for Manchester United or Arsenal quite easily. We've got a Man United left-back in Fabio. We've got a massive centre-back in Samba, who could supposedly play for anyone in the Premier League, according to Harry. We've got Granero, who will probably end up at somewhere like Atletico Madrid or Valencia next season and will end up playing brilliantly. We've got Zamora, who has always been a good Premier League striker. We've got SWP, who played for 2 clubs that sit 2nd and 3rd in the Premier League right now. We've got Mbia, who was supposedly a good player at Marseille. We've got Remy, who has been unfortunate with his injury. We've also got Taarabt, who would be a better player if he played for a better team. And then I look at teams like Southampton, West Brom, West Ham etc. and they look 10 times better than us!! What the heck is going on!!! We're destined to go down
    Last edited by taarabt7; 10-02-2013, 08:13 PM.

I know mate - seems like there is something fundamentally wrong at our club. No matter who we buy, it doesn't work out.
    You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Confidence
      :drunk:

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
        I know mate - seems like there is something fundamentally wrong at our club. No matter who we buy, it doesn't work out.
        Even Park! I'm watching him play for us and i'm thinking how the heck did he play for Manchester United!!!!! I know he's getting on but he can't decline this much! It's very strange

Comment

Arrogance??

Comment

Originally posted by kingy10 View Post
            Confidence
            they've played for top clubs, though. Surely they have the experience to up their game at some point! There is no togetherness with our players, no team spirit, no fight, no nothing! Aston Villa's youngsters have more fire in their bellys

Comment

Originally posted by taarabt7 View Post
              they've played for top clubs, though. Surely they have the experience to up their game at some point! There is no togetherness with our players, no team spirit, no fight, no nothing! Aston Villa's youngsters have more fire in their bellys
              The players hate each other thats why - Big divides in the squad.

Comment

I feel like no matter who we bring in, nothing will change!!! Not even Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo probably wouldn't be able to make a difference with the way it's going! We're an experiment that has gone horribly wrong!

Comment

For a lot of the players we got in we are a step down from what they`re used to. That together with a team spirit from hell, sh_t selections and tactics and voila...

Comment

Originally posted by the hat View Post
                    The players hate each other thats why - Big divides in the squad.
                    Starting to feel the same way

Comment

Originally posted by swede View Post
                      For a lot of the players we got in we are a step down from what they`re used to. That together with a team spirit from hell, sh_t selections and tactics and voila...
                      It has to be something to do with a really $hitty team spirit

Comment

The biggest problem imo is not enough good players - Cesar/Samba/Adel/Remy will attract serious interest in the summer but the rest will not.
                        Then if you look at those 4 - Cesar had a bad game, Remy was out, Samba half fit, so really there was one of those players performing yesterday and tbh even Adel is starting to look a bit tired.
                        Couple of big gaps in the squad too that make problems for the functioning of the team - BZ/Crouch type target for the attack and M'vila/Sissoko type who can boss CM.
                        Then the other thing is that I haven't seen much evidence of teamwork on the pitch - the whole is less than the sum of the parts.
                        Been fairly optimistic up to now but yesterday was too much like a Hughes era performance which will kill off even the small chance of survival if it rears its head.

Comment

Originally posted by swede View Post
                          I tend to agree with that, swede.
                          I think there's a little bit of the 'who the fark do they think they are?' going on in some players minds, we might have got too many players with the 'big club' attitude, and the lack of respect for smaller clubs like ourselves, that goes hand-in-hand with such thoughts.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHRANGER1982 View Post
                            I tend to agree with that, swede.
                            I think there's a little bit of the 'who the fark do they think they are?' going on in some players minds, we might have got too many players with the 'big club' attitude, and the lack of respect for smaller clubs like ourselves, that goes hand-in-hand with such thoughts.
                            yep, which was only made worse by hughes being over-confident/ complacent, constantly saying how good we were and how we wd finish top eight etc - if he had said from the start we will have to work just as hard to consolidate our place in the prem league as we did last year and really got the players fired up it might have been different. but with the exception of a few games under harry we have often just looked like a side in a pre-season friendly - no fight, no real passion.

Comment

Queens Park Frankenstein.

Comment

Working...
                              X