Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arry the Messiah ?

Well so it would seem with some off you on here if he is criticised

Will take all the plaudits if he keeps us up (which he won't) and deservedly so but will back heel the blame onto the other man when we go down. Then move on during the summer after his damage limitation exercise of parking the bus for 5 months.

Our current form will see us relegated make no mistake , and looking at the squad I just can't see where the goals will come from. The transfer window was a disaster in terms of improving our survival hopes because we have failed to land a box to box creative midfielder and a second striker.

We are still lining up with the likes of Mackie, Mbia and Derry which for all there commitment can only offer so much to the cause due to their limitations. Tactics against Norwich reminded me off school where every free kick and corner was lumped in to the big black centre half....just not good enough !!!

Fact is the progress we have made under Redknapp actually has probably been made to look a lot better than it really is by some truly world class goalkeeping in the month of January from Ceasar.

Still no doubt some of you will 'keep the faith' and maintain your optimism until its mathematically impossible but I'm far from convinced. I'm sure some off you will thank uncle arry for giving us some pride back whilst spunking millions but I think the realist amongst us know he is a short term solution. I would love to be wrong but we just don't commit enough players forward under Redknapp and looking at our next few fixtures I can't see that changing which by the start of March we could well and truly be cut adrift.
    Last edited by W12_Ranger; 06-02-2013, 05:57 PM.

Originally posted by W12_Ranger View Post
    Well so it would seem with some off you on here if he is criticised

Will take all the plaudits if he keeps us up (which he won't) and deservedly so but will back heel the blame onto the other man when we go down. Then move on during the summer after his damage limitation exercise of parking the bus for 5 months.

Our current form will see us relegated make no mistake , and looking at the squad I just can't see where the goals will come from. The transfer window was a disaster in terms of improving our survival hopes because we have failed to land a box to box creative midfielder and a second striker.

We are still lining up with the likes of Mackie, Mbia and Derry which for all there commitment can only offer so much to the cause due to their limitations. Tactics against Norwich reminded me off school where every free kick and corner was lumped in to the big black centre half....just not good enough !!!

Fact is the progress we have made under Redknapp actually has probably been made to look a lot better than it really is by some truly world class goalkeeping in the month of January from Ceasar.

Still no doubt some of you will 'keep the faith' and maintain your optimism until its mathematically impossible but I'm far from convinced. I'm sure some off you will thank uncle arry for giving us some pride back whilst spunking millions but I think the realist amongst us know he is a short term solution. I would love to be wrong but we just don't commit enough players forward under Redknapp and looking at our next few fixtures I can't see that changing which by the start of March we could well and truly cut adrift.
    It's been proved what happens when we commit too many players.

I think he is trying to nick us one win and hoping momentum will gather then.

The table looks a lot different if we win two on the bounce. Big IF though

Comment

No. But has he claimed he is Messiah?
      We all know we are in trouble. There´s no need to rub it in...
      No pun aimed at you personally , though.

PS. we can only hope we will survive the drop.
      Last edited by Shania; 06-02-2013, 06:01 PM.
      QPR
      Best team in the world
      Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by jfish View Post
        It's been proved what happens when we commit too many players.

I think he is trying to nick us one win and hoping momentum will gather then.

The table looks a lot different if we win two on the bounce. Big IF though

I can see what he is trying to do but under Hughes with a lesser squad we were able to take the game to teams in the last 5 matches of the season.

Sorry but he's convincing us and the players we are not capable of taking the game to teams .... I actually think its a damage limitation exercise...waiting to nick a goal and sit deep in the PL just won't cut it IMO.

Comment

If we stay up it won't be by taking the game to teams. It will be by scrapping 1-0 nils. It nearly worked on Saturday if the penalty wasn't missed.

Comment

He's not the messiah, but neither is he a very naughty boy... He can't turn Hughes' sh1t into gold but under him he's turned that dross into a mid table team. And without anyone who can score goals....

Comment

We played more open v Liverpool and that didn't work. I agree, and have posted more than once, that Cesar is masking the fact the defence are still poor. However, he is a good manager and we are a small club at the bottom. Who could we really have got in that is better?

We have to hope it clicks.
              twitter @silvercue

soundcloud

Comment

Originally posted by jfish View Post
                If we stay up it won't be by taking the game to teams. It will be by scrapping 1-0 nils. It nearly worked on Saturday if the penalty wasn't missed.
                Trust me we are not going to scrap 6/7 x 1-0's

Comment

Originally posted by W12_Ranger View Post
                  Trust me we are not going to scrap 6/7 x 1-0's
                  Our results the past 5 games have been 1-0, 1-1, 0-0, 0-0, 0-0. Why can we not scrap some more?

Comment

im the chosen one,harrys just doing his job best way he can with what he has.
                    Chelmsford City the home of Radio

Comment

He's doing the best with what he's got, he knows their strengths and weaknesses and overall he feels the only real chance we have got is parking the bus. I don't believe for a second he wants to play this type of football but scrapping 1-0 wins seems to be the tactic that he believes serves us best. It's frustrating but I believe he knows what's best and I'm prepared to roll with it. If we go down, then the blame DOES lie firmly at Hughes' feet and not at Redknapp who's doing what he can with this shocking team.
                      Last edited by NW9_RANGER; 06-02-2013, 06:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeems View Post
                        Our results the past 5 games have been 1-0, 1-1, 0-0, 0-0, 0-0. Why can we not scrap some more?
                        Because in the past 5 games we have managed just one 1-0 result....did you seriously just post that or are you really that daft.

Based on those stats we may manage 3 wins at best which is good enough for last place

Comment

On the bright side one has to mention that we have added Samba, Townsend and Jenas to the team. All three of them(Samba on set pieces) should improve our chances to nick a goal or two more than we have been used two.

PS. I did only wait for Remy´s injury to happen. That´s why I have already written him off as a saviour. To me It will be no surprise if Townsend and Samba´s impact will save us in the end...

Seems like I´m discussing these matters with myself on this site ATM,lol.
                          QPR
                          Best team in the world
                          Sort of

Comment

I think W12 is pretty spot on if we're honest.

To be honest we've gotta give massive respect to Harry for the way he's sorted out our defensive mess & our organisation looks 100% better also but starting with 1 up front against a poor Norwich side to me is defeatist. I understand nicking 1-0's is part of the plan against most teams but Norwich FFS?!

Also as mentioned when we do rarely break we have no one in the box. I would like to see 2 up front against Swansea & Jenas replace Mbia who to me offers so little, I love the bloke but when does he break up play? When does he play a defence splitting ball? When does he take control of a game as good CM's do? He doesn't be just falls over a lot & I'm sorry to me he's a passenger, I'd rather JJ in there who's a box to box player with an eye for a good pass & Derry sitting in front if the back 4 for protection.

Just my opinion. To late in the game for being over cautions f%ck it lets go for it & really take it to teams now we're hardly gonna do any worse we've only won 2 all season!!

Comment

Well, Ric Roc that was partly what I did point out: The arrival of JJ and Townsend(that is).:=):
                              QPR
                              Best team in the world
                              Sort of

Comment

Working...
                              X