I know we are not all fans but

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I know we are not all fans but

Just as a heads up, the odious Kia Joorabchian is going to be on talk sport with the equally odious Richard Keys from midday. I'm going to listen because I want to hear what the worm has to say about Hughes not having been paid up by the R's.
    My view on it is that pay should be performance related - so Hughes must owe the Club money :rage:
    #standuptocancer
    #inyourfacecancer

I strongly think there's a lot of money in football so if you're Mark Hughes or another example Rowan Vine on obviously too much wage ( 36k a week I heard ) then you should get paid less if you're not performing. After all it is their job to perform
    Under Les Ferdinand:
    Luke Freeman, top assists in the league: 4million
    Alex Smithies, great goalie for this club: 3,5million
    Charlie Austin, 19 Premier League goals: 4million
    Jack Robinson: Contract ran out, left for free
    And many more mistakes

LES FERDINAND, IT'S TIME TO GO

Comment

I'm a bit annoyed as some selfish bloke phoned me whilst this interview was on going (and it continues after the adds).

But what I've heard so far is VERY interesting. KJ just slated Mail Journo Martin Samuel for the lies and scaremongering he prints, particularly regarding how QPR will be doomed if they go down owing to the money they pay in wages and the Club's failure to have clauses written into contracts. KJ says that is not true and many players do have clauses (Ji Sung Park is one of the few he mentions that doesn't but I didn't hear why) but most do and Rangers are well covered and Samuel knows that but chooses to print rubbish and lies instead.

The most fascinating thing I've heard to date is a real good one for the posters on this board. Hughes wanted to sign a goalkeeper and went after Foster. The deal was astronomical and it didn't happen - Rangers ended up with Cesar and Green for less than the proposed deal for Foster :pleasantsuprise:

Keys then asked why we haven't paid up Hughes - and Keys has been like a dog with a bone on this one lately. KJ slapped him down by saying things are moving and matters are being dealt with in accordance with the terms of Hughes' contract

He also said that last summer Hughes was after Oscar (one of KJ's clan of Brazil players) but I missed the outcome of the story because of that phone call.
      Last edited by Bluehoop; 06-02-2013, 01:39 PM.
      #standuptocancer
      #inyourfacecancer

Comment

Keys is a c0ck, cant stick him and you're right, he is like a dog with a bone over his mate Hughes and his payoff.

Comment

At the end of the day he'll be paid up as his contract stipulates.

We've been well & truly rumped on that one unfortunately.

Comment

So did Kia come across well? anyone listen to the bits bluehoop missed?
            @chrisrobson9

Comment

I just find it annoying that he thinks he knows everything. When KJ said what he did about Samuel being a turd stirrer Keys replied by saying he's a journalist and it's his job to report these things. KJ replied - yes, if it's the truth but no if it's not and particularly so when he knows it's not true. Keys wouldn't let it rest though and believes a journalist is entitled to spread toilet rumours just to unsettle and sell press.
              Total Wayne Kerr that bloke.
              #standuptocancer
              #inyourfacecancer

Comment

Originally posted by Robsondinho View Post
                Tell you what Chris - I don't have any time for Kia but all what I heard was impressive. Not a hint of criticising QPR, Tony F or even the appointment of HR. No bitterness about Hughes' situation and actually quite philosophical about it all. Gave some really sound answers to Keys' who just wanted to turn it into a QPR bashing and actually made it all very positive and made Keys look like a proper Richard
                #standuptocancer
                #inyourfacecancer

Comment

Originally posted by Robsondinho View Post
                  I actually thought Kia came across very well. He spoke highly of TF and said things were trying to be done well at the club. I was quite surprised actually.

He said we got rid of 19 players last summer and got 14 in but nowhere near the kind of expenditure that was being quoted. He seemed to be saying that the club was actually being sensible and run correctly.

Comment

Kia did exactly what he set out to do, come across well.

Comment

Massive PR exercise but credit to him for not raising to the bait in the way Keys was hoping I suppose.

Comment

Originally posted by Bluehoop View Post
                        Tell you what Chris - I don't have any time for Kia but all what I heard was impressive. Not a hint of criticising QPR, Tony F or even the appointment of HR. No bitterness about Hughes' situation and actually quite philosophical about it all. Gave some really sound answers to Keys' who just wanted to turn it into a QPR bashing and actually made it all very positive and made Keys look like a proper Richard
                        Good stuff mate, cheers.
                        @chrisrobson9

Comment

thought kia came across well. very iluminating interview..keys a tw@ as usual....seems we were in for good players but TF balked at the price. in hindsight
                          that was a mistake...ie we paid the same for samba in the end...not critisising TF though...he's got to try and balance the books 20/20 in hindsight

Comment

Originally posted by Bluehoop View Post
                            I'm a bit annoyed as some selfish bloke phoned me whilst this interview was on going (and it continues after the adds).

But what I've heard so far is VERY interesting. KJ just slated Mail Journo Martin Samuel for the lies and scaremongering he prints, particularly regarding how QPR will be doomed if they go down owing to the money they pay in wages and the Club's failure to have clauses written into contracts. KJ says that is not true and many players do have clauses (Ji Sung Park is one of the few he mentions that doesn't but I didn't hear why) but most do and Rangers are well covered and Samuel knows that but chooses to print rubbish and lies instead.

The most fascinating thing I've heard to date is a real good one for the posters on this board. Hughes wanted to sign a goalkeeper and went after Foster. The deal was astronomical and it didn't happen - Rangers ended up with Cesar and Green for less than the proposed deal for Foster :pleasantsuprise:

Keys then asked why we haven't paid up Hughes - and Keys has been like a dog with a bone on this one lately. KJ slapped him down by saying things are moving and matters are being dealt with in accordance with the terms of Hughes' contract

He also said that last summer Hughes was after Oscar (one of KJ's clan of Brazil players) but I missed the outcome of the story because of that phone call.
                            Very interesting read, thanks for posting up.

Comment

At the bottom of the talksport homepage, there is an option to "Listen Again". You should be able to select that show and hear the interview again if like me you missed it.

Comment

Working...
                              X