Tarrabt is part of the problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tarrabt is part of the problem

Other than his pathetic free kicks and corners, as well as the obvious penalty miss today he really is part of our problem.

He is like a child in wanting to take every free kick and corner and sulking away when someone else or the manager tells him differently.

He rarely gets in the box either at the far post when playing wide, or at all when playing second striker. The reason being he wants to get the ball all the time, even when others are in a better position.

He continually runs into the space that others are trying to exploit slowing things down and dragging opposition players into areas they are looking to run into.

Every time he gets the ball he has to roll his foot over it and do a little step over, even when we are breaking and need to do it at speed.

Also an absolute liability defensively, who doesn't even attempt a challenge when the ball comes to him in the air.

Finally his finishing, there has been several times times this year when he has missed very good chances, Stoke, Reading, Man City and today, which could have made a difference of 7 more points and several positions.

Yes he has ability but where does it get us, rarely is there a end product. Cost us big time today.

I am sure his deluded fan club will be on shortly to state how he is our best player, most talented, invented the wheel, the messiah etc. The fact is he needs to be dropped and play Zamora and Remy up front.

He's not perfect and if he was THAT good he wouldnt be playing for us but he is still our best player.

Comment

i can't believe taraabt's importance is even up for debate any more... the pen today was poor but he's at the heart of everything

without him we wouldnt have been promoted
      without him we would have been relegated last year
      and if we stay up this year its going to come from him

Comment

Yes, we were doing really good when he wasn't playing this season.

Comment

He's part of the problem, granted.

He's also about the only player we have who looks likely to be a solution.

He didn't have a great game today, but still was at the centre of all our better movement.

Would any of the people slagging him off really want to see him dropped?

Comment

I aint in love with Tarbs but drop him?! Mad I tell thee, mad!

Comment

Adel was great in patches, and quiet in others, typical Taarabt, but don't think we can knock him

Comment

It's a team game and he isn't a team player. The plan seems to be 'give it to Adel and see what he can do'.

Comment

he' a bit chubby though!

Comment

He's our best offensive player but that's because Remy aside we don't have anything else. That list at the top is all true and the reason he plays for QPR and not Man City or Barcelona

Comment

Originally posted by rickyranger View Post
                      Other than his pathetic free kicks and corners, as well as the obvious penalty miss today he really is part of our problem.

He is like a child in wanting to take every free kick and corner and sulking away when someone else or the manager tells him differently.

He rarely gets in the box either at the far post when playing wide, or at all when playing second striker. The reason being he wants to get the ball all the time, even when others are in a better position.

He continually runs into the space that others are trying to exploit slowing things down and dragging opposition players into areas they are looking to run into.

Every time he gets the ball he has to roll his foot over it and do a little step over, even when we are breaking and need to do it at speed.

Also an absolute liability defensively, who doesn't even attempt a challenge when the ball comes to him in the air.

Finally his finishing, there has been several times times this year when he has missed very good chances, Stoke, Reading, Man City and today, which could have made a difference of 7 more points and several positions.

Yes he has ability but where does it get us, rarely is there a end product. Cost us big time today.

I am sure his deluded fan club will be on shortly to state how he is our best player, most talented, invented the wheel, the messiah etc. The fact is he needs to be dropped and play Zamora and Remy up front.
                      i agree with you on the free kicks and corners issue,granted the penalty was saved but it was a pretty good strike maybe not close enough to the post but struck ok none the less....I've no idea whose space he runs into as no one behind him tries to run forward beyond him. He must be the most improved defensively in Britain let alone our side.. He has a good work ethic and I don't believe he can be labeled lazy anymore..as for tantrums when grannero was taking free kicks he was entitled to moan as granneros delivery was as poor...remy was injured and Zamora lacking fitness and please please tell me who would pass to the front two??derry???mbia??swp??? Don't make me laugh..it would be belted up for Zamora to compete for and then you'd be on here moaning we boot it long...adels got a few faults but lacking desire to play isn't one of them and we've not got anyone better to do the job....this reply was like yours a humble opinion

Comment

Originally posted by 1cliveallen View Post
                        i agree with you on the free kicks and corners issue,granted the penalty was saved but it was a pretty good strike maybe not close enough to the post but struck ok none the less....I've no idea whose space he runs into as no one behind him tries to run forward beyond him. He must be the most improved defensively in Britain let alone our side.. He has a good work ethic and I don't believe he can be labeled lazy anymore..as for tantrums when grannero was taking free kicks he was entitled to moan as granneros delivery was as poor...remy was injured and Zamora lacking fitness and please please tell me who would pass to the front two??derry???mbia??swp??? Don't make me laugh..it would be belted up for Zamora to compete for and then you'd be on here moaning we boot it long...adels got a few faults but lacking desire to play isn't one of them and we've not got anyone better to do the job....this reply was like yours a humble opinion
                        So how do you think Townsend played today ? He played well because he got at players and tried to mak something happen he was also itching to take the left footer free kick second half but Tarrabt over ruled him. Having said that give him a few games and he will join the give it to Tarrabt club and mother attacking threat will be gone.

The point is we don't know, although I suspect, players like SWP,Townsend, even Granero would play better without Tarrabt in the side. To be honest don think it will be long before Harry sees the same, particularly when Remy is fit. Clearly wants Remy and Zamora to play together and when they do it will be hard to play Tarrabt and remain solid defensively.

Comment

Originally posted by vblockranger View Post
                          He's not perfect and if he was THAT good he wouldnt be playing for us but he is still our best player.
                          Spot on . Love how he has missed a pen and is being castigated yet he was the best thing since sliced bread when he single handedly beat Fulham such fickle fans.
                          You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Matty the fickle fans are those that sing "Tarrabt is too good for you" before he hits his 15th corner to the oppositions first defender or when he does three roll overs and a step over when we have a player in space to pass too then looses it, or maybe when for the 10th time he doesn't even challenge for a header. Embarrassing !

Comment

tarabbt is our only player capable of picking a lock....many flaws yes...my omly gripe is he shouldnt take corners but loiter on the edge of the box waiting for anything that comes his way!
                              you know nothing john snow!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X