Stan Collymore

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stan Collymore

Stan Collymore must be worried about Villa. He is tweeting how journo's are wanting to know how QPR can afford these signings, and the prem should send auditors into our club. Collymore stirring the sh*t.Don't know who Hayward is but know one questions other clubs, very insulting. Mick Dennis was slagging us off on sky news this morning too.

Stan Collymore‏@StanCollymore

Seems to be a few respected journos asking questions about QPR finances.

Paul Hayward‏@_PaulHayward

Plenty raising the spectre of Portsmouth in relation to QPR. Premier League should send auditors to Loftus Road to check the club's books.

we are the most hated club right now and i love it!

Comment

Hayward is a journo from the Telegraph

Comment

I keep saying it. People need to worry about their club, not ours
        Under Les Ferdinand:
        Luke Freeman, top assists in the league: 4million
        Alex Smithies, great goalie for this club: 3,5million
        Charlie Austin, 19 Premier League goals: 4million
        Jack Robinson: Contract ran out, left for free
        And many more mistakes

LES FERDINAND, IT'S TIME TO GO

Comment

we can't win. In the summer we were accused of signing players on free transfers, and now we are being accused of spending too much money. Sour grapes, me thinks. The Samba transfer was kept very quiet and he came in within about a day.

I guess in future we only take notice of the players HR says we are probably not going to get.

Comment

The truth is we can't afford them - so we are being bankrolled and not by TF's personal money as he doesn't have enough.

So although I would like him to butt out - I imagine the point he is making is that if our backers got bored and left we would be in some trouble.
            twitter @silvercue

soundcloud

Comment

To be fair to Collymore, he has discussed this openly over a period of time. He was quick but also right to "investigate" after the Bosingwa saga where Harry said how can we pay those wages with crowds of 18K.
              I actually think Stanley Victor is becoming a decent journalist - sorry
              #standuptocancer
              #inyourfacecancer

Comment

Dont these dumb people want other clubs to get better or do they want the domination of the top clubs as it been for a number of years

See all these people crying that we are spending big money but if big clubs do it they say nothing

Its pure jealousy there clubs aint doing the same and its plain they are extremley bitter seeing us getting quality players wanting to join us

Comment

I know Villa'a owners have no money, so it's obvious that people are jealous.
                  Where would City, Chelsea and most other clubs be without wealthy owners?

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
                    Stan Collymore must be worried about Villa. He is tweeting how journo's are wanting to know how QPR can afford these signings, and the prem should send auditors into our club. Collymore stirring the sh*t.Don't know who Hayward is but know one questions other clubs, very insulting. Mick Dennis was slagging us off on sky news this morning too.

Stan Collymore‏@StanCollymore

Seems to be a few respected journos asking questions about QPR finances.

Plenty raising the spectre of Portsmouth in relation to QPR. Premier League should send auditors to Loftus Road to check the club's books.
                    Another Jealous Northern ****
                    How come he isnt asking about Chelscum Man U & Man city fianances our owners are every bit as rich as theirs no one saying anything about them?

Comment

Maybe he has a point...

I also want to know how we're affording these signings, and I'd also like to see our accounts for the last financial year published (they're currently late).

Collymore is just doing what any decent journalist ought to do: ask the right questions.

...and loads of people have looked into other clubs. For instance check out SwissRamble blog, or David Conn's writing on Portsmouth, Leeds and others.

Comment

Haha this makes me laugh. People don't talk about Southampton spending £25m in the summer and Villa spending £20m!

Anyway what's it gotta do with them? Our owners are spending their own money to finance the club. Portsmouth was a completely different case, but most journalists and pundits are so clueless they don't know the facts.

Comment

This c*nt Hayward trying to make a name for himself?

Expand Reply
                          Retweet

Favorite

More

12hMcardinhoQPR‏@McardinhoQPR

@_PaulHayward Haven't you heard of Lakshmi Mittal?

Expand

12hPaul Hayward‏@_PaulHayward

@McardinhoQPR do you think he would stump up

A few QPR fans pointing to Mittal's wealth as guarantee for huge wages etc. There's little evidence he sees himself as an Abramovich.

Collapse Reply
                          Retweet

Favorite

More

2 Retweets

4:47 PM - 30 Jan 13 · Details

12hDaniel Notaro‏@DanielNotaro

@_PaulHayward anyone questioning Harry here? Did this exact same thing with Portsmouth.

Expand

12hJames Roche‏@Roche1104

@_PaulHayward If they went down could be vastly worse than Pompey, if funding pulled then hard to see how they could survive at all

Expand

12hSimon Prue‏@SimonPrue_QPR

@_PaulHayward it's no guarantee but he is, after all, Britain's richest person worth £258 billion. He does own a decent % of the club too.

Expand

12hLoftforWords‏@LoftforWords

@_PaulHayward Massive concern. What can we do other than pray they know what they're doing and be here to pick up the pieces if they don't?

Expand

Comment

I'm very happy with signing someone like Samba to replace Nelsen, but still worried what will happen if we go down with players on wages like Bosingwa/Remy... Don't want to end up like Portsmouth.

Comment

Originally posted by dave58 View Post
                              Another Jealous Northern ****
                              How come he isnt asking about Chelscum Man U & Man city fianances our owners are every bit as rich as theirs no one saying anything about them?
                              Mittal's son-in-law owns a minority stake and gives no indication that he intends to sink half a billion into us. A bit different from the City/Chelsea situations. And all three clubs have revenues way, way in excess of ours.

It's a bit pathetic if we can't even take decent journalists asking some very valid questions without descending into paranoid tribalism. I bet many Pompey fans wish the media had spent more time asking tough questions of Gaydamak et al.

Comment

Working...
                              X