Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Samba: Hughes could have got him cheaper in the summer....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Samba: Hughes could have got him cheaper in the summer....

From the Independent. Another shameful indictment of that contemptible man.... He's cost us an absolute fortune..... B@stard

Redknapp is also shattering his club's wage structure in a desperate quest for Premier League survival by pressing ahead with a deal for £12.5m defender Chris Samba six months after his predecessor Mark Hughes decided that the centre-half's pay demands were too big.
    Samba is on a six-figure weekly salary, after bonuses, at the Russian club Anzhi Makhachkala and in the summer QPR were being asked to pay around £65,000 to £70,000 a week, including bonuses, to bring the player to Loftus Road. The package was rejected as bad business for the club and one that did not fit into the wage structure. It is understood that Samba's wage is now closer to £100,000 a week. Hughes, sacked in November ,also rejected the wages the club would have needed to pay out for Fulham's Brede Hangeland – another player who Redknapp has gone back in for now.
    But after signing 26-year-old Loïc Rémy from Marseilles on £80,000 a week for a club record fee of £8m, Redknapp clearly feels that he needs to spend in a way that was rejected by Hughes. Redknapp's predecessor accepted that he had to go into the season with Anton Ferdinand and Ryan Nelsen in central defence after no reinforcement could be found at a realistic price. Both have now left – Ferdinand on loan to Bursaspor and Nelsen to become head coach of Toronto FC.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/f...s-8474001.html

I think we all recall what happened with Samba in the summer. He wanted to come but Kean didn't want to sell. Samba went on strike and Blackburn then did the right thing - sell him, but not to Rangers. For once I don't think we can blame old wooly head.
    #standuptocancer
    #inyourfacecancer

Comment

Originally posted by Bluehoop View Post
      I think we all recall what happened with Samba in the summer. He wanted to come but Kean didn't want to sell. Samba went on strike and Blackburn then did the right thing - sell him, but not to Rangers. For once I don't think we can blame old wooly head.
      That was January.

Comment

Originally posted by Mattyqpr View Post
        That was January.
        Of course - time flies when you're having so much fun!
        Mind you, I don't think the figures add up and the independent isn't really know for reporting facts. Can't recall where but somewhere it was reported that Samba had agreed to a significant pay cut to come. In any event, where Samba's concerned, I think it's money well spent.
        #standuptocancer
        #inyourfacecancer

Comment

So Hughes not wanting to pay crazy money for players is a bad thing?? I thought managers had nothing to do with contracts and was down to TF and PB? But now it's Hughes fault

Comment

Hughes ran the football club. TF and Beard trusted and relied on him and deferred to him. Story suggests we could have got Samba cheaper than we're getting him now. I believe that. Thanks for nothing, wooley head, you b@stard.

Comment

Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
              and in the summer QPR were being asked to pay around £65,000 to £70,000 a week, including bonuses, to bring the player to Loftus Road. The package was rejected as bad business for the club and one that did not fit into the wage structure. It is understood that Samba's wage is now closer to £100,000 a week.
              It's now being reported that we're paying 70k so nowhere near £100k the press are wetting their pants about...

Comment

I'm pretty sure he wasn't available in the summer, because the release clause did not kick in until January (after a year).

Comment

Working...
                X