Chairman risks £20m to keep Rs in top flight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
    Yeah in full agreement Del, i suppose i should say i don't want us spending way over the odds on him

Jeez apologies i didn't read that..bloody ell £12 mill for a defender.......thats frightening

yep but if he is still the same player who single handedly monstered us at Loftus Rd a year or so back we will have one of the best defenders in the league. in the long run i think it works out cheaper than spending, say, £3.5m on Ferdinand then when he isn't good enough spending say £4m on Scott Dann who also wouldn't be quite good enough and so on. At least this time we are going for the very best we cd possibly get.

Comment

Yeah good point Stainrod. Good in both boxes. Yeah we have to go for it and hopefully HR's signings will be more successful than the last blokes.

Comment

Originally posted by stainrodisalegend View Post
        http://www.newsnow.co.uk/A/626755235?-294:802

Telegraph saying we will spend £20m to get Samba and Crouch, on top of the £8m for Remy and a few coppers for "Suck". So with the Haim "free" (there is no such thing in football) we are looking at £30m in this window alone, on top of £20m odd in the last window.

And the worst part? We will all be ecstatic about Samba but five minutes later we will be saying "shame we couldn't have landed Krancjar or the French bloke because we need more creativity in midfield." And if we go down those players we sign won't be worth anything like what we paid for them. Yet Tony has to risk all or we are down. Who would be a football chairman, eh?

Before the window I thought whatever was spent the club, a lot or a little, the biggest bang per buck would come from strengthening the spine of the side CB/CM/CF this window. It seems the CD/CF are well in hand but every CM target has run into problems but that is as important a part of the spine as any. With CM as well it impacts the whole side defence and attack even though it doesn't dominate the back pages.

As for the amount I don't know but I guess, like newcastle, the club has seen that sky give even the bottom club £60m next season something like that so a calculated investment to survive now has its advantages especially given the wage bill from the summer. Rock and a hard place.

Comment

100k a week for Samba according to some respectable journos....**** me.

Comment

its got to be done vblock but we've got to find someone who can hit the corners into him consistently

Comment

Originally posted by stainrodisalegend View Post
              yep but if he is still the same player who single handedly monstered us at Loftus Rd a year or so back we will have one of the best defenders in the league. in the long run i think it works out cheaper than spending, say, £3.5m on Ferdinand then when he isn't good enough spending say £4m on Scott Dann who also wouldn't be quite good enough and so on. At least this time we are going for the very best we cd possibly get.

Comment

You cant expect to stay in the PL without spending a lot of money on players; look what all the 'Freebies' got us last time round?! A load of clapped out old has beens with massive ego's. Clubs pay £30 million for 1 player to ensure they survive and do well in the PL....we have to expect to spend if we are going to stay up. I would be surprised if 30 million would be enough to keep us up...we need some proper players that going to defend but also create and score goals every week. We need to be playing like a top 4 club to get out of the sh1t we are in.

Comment

Got to be done. It's either spend abit of cash up front and maximise our chances of survival and reap the rewards, or we stick, don't spend and probably be relegated and thus lose out big time in the long term.

No brainer for me. Albeit abit of a gamble.

I have faith we are staying up though... COYR's!
                  You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Tony is not funding these transfers himself - so it is a risk with other people's money, including ours, which is a lot easier to do.

TF is reportedly worth £200m. Do you really think he will spend a quarter of his wealth in 2 windows on a club he didn't even support before?
                    twitter @silvercue

soundcloud

Comment

Originally posted by silvercue View Post
                      Tony is not funding these transfers himself - so it is a risk with other people's money, including ours, which is a lot easier to do.

TF is reportedly worth £200m. Do you really think he will spend a quarter of his wealth in 2 windows on a club he didn't even support before?
                      £450m aint it? Anyway, that aside, we all know he isn't of "mega" welath to the tune of Abramhovich or that Sheikh fella that owns Citeh, and that he is the front man of a consortium that owns, I believe, 67% of the club - with the Mittals / Bhatia owning the other 33%. Only an assumption, but I guess the funding of all deals is split proportionatly - ie a £10m transfer will have £3.3m put in by the Mittals and £6.7m by the consortium for which Tony is the figure head?
                      You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Working...
                      X