X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Latest News On Crouch

0939:
    TRANSFER LATEST
    From BBC Sport's Ben Smith: "QPR will hold further talks with Stoke today as manager Harry Redknapp pushes ahead with plans to sign striker Peter Crouch.

"Stoke are willing to sell Crouch but have rejected a player plus cash offer that would have seen Jamie Mackie move to the Britannia Stadium.

"QPR are now preparing to return with a straight cash offer for Crouch with Stoke attempting to recoup close to the £10m they paid for him in August 2011."

I think he'll sign. Couch and Remy upfront, sounds good to me.

If we pay anything over £4m that is money wasted..... He's not the player he was and was never worth £10m when they paid it 18 months ago....

Remy was only £8m and is a current Freench international at the age of 26 / 27, ie in his prime, much better than Crouch and would guarantee a sell on transfer fee if he left.....

I would much prefere Odemwingie than Crouch and if we did spend anything close to the £10m they paid and want to recoup, then i would lose faith in Harry big time.

Comment

Crouch is 32!

It would be daft to pay big fee

Comment

i think i would prefer crouch to odemwinge. We need a traditional centre forward. So many times last night and in other games. Traore and da silva get them selves into crossing positions and there is no one in the box who can head the ball. In fact most of the the time there is no one in the box at all

Comment

I agree not worth the £10 mil that Stoke would be looking to recoup, around £3-£4 mil maybe.

Comment

10 million and we will be a laughing stock
            http://twitter.com/Mellowhoop

Comment

agree - 10 Million we'd be absolutely mad. We can get PO for 4, and I think that perhaps he's the better option, much as I like Crouch as he's an R. HAving said that, few managers know Crouch and how to play Crouch, better than Harry.

Comment

rather have crouch than Odemwinge. £6m tops though

Comment

But if we got crouch would HR play 2up top ?

Comment

Don't need crouch... Need another option like that top hat from west brom
                    http://twitter.com/Mellowhoop

Comment

Working...
                    X