WBA ready to sell Odemwinge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WBABen View Post
    I don't know what formation you play, but I am not sure of him out wide. In our 4231 formation, he's played wide left (we often play wide players on their 'opposite' sides) or wide right in the advanced 3. Even though he has many more attacking duties than defensive, his unwillingness to work has sometimes been costly. If he plays wide in a 442 or 4411 then he would have even more defensive duties, the neglect of which could be even more costly.

If you do sign him, play him up front.

If you don't sign him, be interesting to see how things go with him here, after his daft Twitter outburst. Personally, I don't want him near the first team again but we are not really in a position to write players off, particularly when they are our top earner!

One last thing - make sure you overtake the Villa.
    Thanks for posting, good insight. Lots of posters see him playing as a kind of right sided midfielder/ inside right just behind the main striker (Remy). Basically because we are not really confident enough to play two up front, plus we have to accommodate Taraabt (our best player and a v attacking midfielder without much defensive nous). From what you are saying this isn't going to work and he plays as a striker or nothing. Be interesting to know what Harry has in mind.

Comment

Remy can play on the wing though, right? Maybe Odemwingie up front.

Comment

Working...
      X