Nothing to be positive.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nothing to be positive.

We are just nine days away from the end of the January transfer window, yet, there is nothing to be much positive about. Ok, so we have got Loic Remy and he looks good. However, he seems a younger Cisse. The important issue here is: will he be able to score goals on a regular basis? Hope its yes. Although we are gaining points, but others are doing the same as well. Look at Reading and Southampton. It irritate me that we see the likes of Granero (injured?) Houliet, Faurlin, Diakite (in Africa Nations cup) and Park out of the side. They should have made a big difference. However, as against West Ham, we looks without any ideas in the middle and HR rightly so, insisting to strenghten this area. It will be another mistake if we let DJ go. What if Remy got injured?
    I am not to much hearthened by the way things are shaping up. All this tension is killing me. Wish to have a long sleep and wake up in May to find that we are still in the Premier.

Calm down, look at the last few transfer windows, not much gets completed until the last few days

Comment

Chill Martin, Arry has it all sorted, he knows what he is doing and will do what he needs to to keep us up. I know it's all uncertain but we have the right man in place and if any one can do it Arry can.

The players you are talking about can be showing him too much for him to keep them on the bench or out of the squad all together, it's ok for us to moan about certain players not being in the starting 11 but he is not going to play them just because we want him to. Like I say Arry is top draw and knows what he needs to do to pick up the points to keep us safe.

Go have your sleep and wake up in May but be aware what you would have missed when we have stayed up and gone on a unbeaten run, beaten all the top 7 teams, and stayed up easy. I'm sure you will be watching it all back wishing you was part of it.

Comment

Guess this must be your first experience of the January transfer window? Sit tight and tune in to SSN on 31st January from about 10.00pm and watch it all unfold. Once the door "slams shut" then would be a better time to air your thoughts.
        #standuptocancer
        #inyourfacecancer

Comment

I think Remy will do what Cisse did last year - scoring enough goals to get us to safety.
          So far in the transfer window we have missed out some good players. Joe Cole would be one - just think of having him instead of Mackie.
          Probably miss out on M'Vila - to much talking by Harry - just think of him instead of Derry.
          Worst of all is nothing seems to be happening regarding CB - we really need some cover there Olson instead of Hill/Nelsen - Sebastian Coates could be a great for loan.

Comment

Originally posted by Bluehoop View Post
            Guess this must be your first experience of the January transfer window? Sit tight and tune in to SSN on 31st January from about 10.00pm and watch it all unfold. Once the door "slams shut" then would be a better time to air your thoughts.
            Not at all. Maybe I am getting to old for all the tension. There's only 15 games left to play and we must win HALF of those to stay up.

Comment

Houliet, Faurlin, Diakite (in Africa Nations cup)
              I didn't know Canada and Argentina are in Africa?

Comment

Originally posted by SpankwiR View Post
                I didn't know Canada and Argentina are in Africa?
                That's for Diakite only. Thought people should take the point straight away!

Comment

Originally posted by Martinmalta View Post
                  That's for Diakite only. Thought people should take the point straight away!
                  What your missing is that Park, Diakite, Hoillet and Granero are all MH singing and are therefore complete shlte!

Comment

Originally posted by SpankwiR View Post
                    What your missing is that Park, Diakite, Hoillet and Granero are all MH singing and are therefore complete shlte!
                    You maybe have a point. However, Cesar, Onohua, Nelson, SWP, Fabio and Mbia were signed by MH and they are playing. We should try to get the best of what we have.

Comment

There's only 15 games left to play and we must win HALF of those to stay up.
                      How do you win 7 1/2 games?

Comment

You maybe have a point. However, Cesar, Onohua, Nelson, SWP, Fabio and Mbia were signed by MH and they are playing. We should try to get the best of what we have.
                        In the right team with a solid back four and settled midfield you could play players like Granero, Diakite or Hoillet but Hughes biggest mistake was he never addressed the most important issue which was the defence. Subsequently when you play those players in front of our makeshift back 4 we got raped cos those players just don't work hard enough and track back to help. Hughes got carried away with trying to bring fancy dans when what we really needed was somebody to build a team from the back.

Comment

Surely the fact we are unbeaten in 2013 so far is a positive !

Comment

Not at all. Maybe I am getting to old for all the tension. There's only 15 games left to play and we must win HALF of those to stay up.
                            So we need to win 7.5 games how is that possible?

Comment

Originally posted by qprno1fan View Post
                              So we need to win 7.5 games how is that possible?
                              TBH winning seven or eight games out of the fifteen left is not much possible either. Hope I am wrong though.

Comment

Working...
                              X