new striker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new striker

i dont know why we cant play routledge a striker hes already hit four goals in five games
    he reminds me of tony cottee of west ham fame

its a sad day when you realise your 2 best strikers are both actually wingers.

Comment

Id say leave him where he is, if we manage to bring in a couple of strikers hopefully he will be able to provide them with all the ammo they need to score goals....
      Cant believe it, ive been PWOPER MUGGED ORF...

Comment

hes not a striker thats why he doesnt get played there.

he'd get pushed off the ball, wouldnt win a header, wouldnt get down the line like he does which makes him the player he is.

Comment

He reminds me of stanley matthews
          19TH YEAR FOLLOWING THE R,RS

Comment

Tarrabt will score 15 (apparently), so Routledge is nearly a third of the way towards our Adel's target
            QBP 20th August 2009..."To be fair, I'm glad we are top of the table (for agents fees). Shows we are not a selling club anymore."

Comment

yeah

last night i patiently waited for magilton and asked him what he thought he
              said the following
              WE HAVE SEVERAL DIFFERANT COACHES WHO DO DIFFERANT THINGS AT THE CLUB
              AND YES WAYNE IS ONE OF THE BEST FINISHERS AT THE CLUB,BUT TO PLAY HIM WE NEED TO HAVE THE TRADITIONAL TYPE CENTRAL STRIKER TO WIN THE BALL IN THE AIR
              WE ALSO NEEED TO CHANGE THE SYSTEM BUT I DID THINK TONIGHT HE TOOK HIS GOAL BRILLIANTLY
              so who knows maybe the tinkerman will discover a fantastic striker
              just because wayne hasnt played there before dont kill off the idea

Comment

Could be worth a punt, sometimes converting your best player into a striker can work....

Comment

anyone

anyone who saw routledge score that goal last night must be under no ilusions
                  ROUTLEDGE CAN SCORE GOALS AND ALTHOUGH MAGILTON IS NO MANAGERIAL GENIUS LIKE GERRY FRANCIS HE COULD JUST GET PLAYERS TO SCORE LOADS OF GOALS
                  THEN WE GO UP.................SACK HIM AND APPOINT GERRY FRANCIS

Comment

RFE, I am agreed with you about routledge, he is a fantastic player and our most consistent player, but please can you not bang on about JM being sacked, really doesnt give off the best vibes....
                    Cant believe it, ive been PWOPER MUGGED ORF...

Comment

I think Routledge playing up top off a big man could work especially away from home. Only think that frustrates me sometimes with him is he always cuts inside. I wish he would get round his full back and put balls in because my coming inside he is always narrowing the pitch especially if Hogan is playing because he does the same on the left.
                      First game: Arsenal vs Queen's Park Rangers at Highbury, Saturday 17th November 1984.

Comment

Originally posted by ROUTLEDGE FOR ENGLAND View Post
                        i dont know why we cant play routledge a striker hes already hit four goals in five games

What about Hogan as the fox in the box:surrender:

Comment

He's all of 2 ft tall so knowing us, if he was played up top they would just hoof 40 yard balls to him and expect him to win it in the air, ala Cureton!

Comment

shania

shania shania shania..its nice too hear you making your remarks but ive been to five games this season
                            this little pocket battleship routledge hes a devil of a player to push of the ball with his low center of gravity i wish i could describe to you how good his ball controll is
                            ive made him M O M all five times hes just so fast
                            its his incredible ecelleration and bravery that makes we remember tony cottee,wayne could be so very special as a front player
                            one of his tricks shania is to change wings,in the old days buzsacky was the king of loftus road but now it is routledge
                            he can throw body swerves all over the place and when he strikes a ball they are vicous shots
                            so its got to be routledge up front in my opinion,but a good idea shania maybe eiphram could be a fox in the box,but i dont think he could take all the terrible vicous abuse that the defenders dish out

Comment

Originally posted by ROUTLEDGE FOR ENGLAND View Post
                              Once again RFE I thank the lord that you are NOT the manager. You have some very strange ideas.

Tatical awareness does not appear to be your forte RFE!!!!
                              oldhoop

The Bread Mans Blue and White Army

Comment

Working...
                              X