• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vblockranger View Post
    new day...new Marshy argument :-)
    Yeah but everyone else is having a debate ,he`s trying to have a row
    Rangers,Scooters ,Tunes and Trainers

Comment

Originally posted by DouDou_87 View Post
      So if you already knew why clubs don't disclose fees, why ask the question?

More to the point, how do you actually know that is the reason?
      I never asked a question. I said they should be banned.

There is no one reason for all, but the reason usually is this:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/4...es-undisclosed

As not only a football fan, but a sports ‘journalist’ too, there are not many more infuriating and disappointing words used in the footballing media than when ‘undisclosed’ is written in conjunction with a recent transfer.
      No one is happy when that word is used, as it conveniently and effectively prevents the actual transfer fee from becoming public knowledge. The fans want to know how much they have bought (or sold) their player for—so they can argue about it with their mates—and the media do too—so they know how soon they can label the transferred player a ‘bargain’ or a ‘bust’.

Yet leaving such details 'undisclosed' prevents the formulation of any opinions. Why then, do clubs insist on playing the ‘undisclosed’ card?

The answer is simple: One (or even both) of the clubs involved in the transfer don’t want to reveal how much they have paid/received for a player—as they fear it will see them criticized by the fans and press.

Marshy- don't put full articles from other sites in a post. A snippet and link is fine. But it stops people visiting other sites, amongst other reasons.
      Last edited by Will M; 17-01-2013, 01:15 PM.

Comment

Who cares what we bloody paid, it's not our money, it is the owners money. The money we spend to enter the ground 19x per season barely covers the wages I'd imagine.

Comment

Originally posted by vblockranger View Post
          new day...new Marshy argument :-)
          In fact I've just read the article he posted which gives reasons for why undisclosed fees occur! He's now arguing with himself!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Lunar Jetman View Post
            In fact I've just read the article he posted which gives reasons for why undisclosed fees occur! He's now arguing with himself!!!!
            No I am not, the article states why they happen (and it isn't to do with the rubbish that was posted here about negotiating power), but the article does not state that they should happen - on the contrary, the author wishes they didn't happen.

As not only a football fan, but a sports ‘journalist’ too, there are not many more infuriating and disappointing words used in the footballing media than when ‘undisclosed’ is written in conjunction with a recent transfer.
            No one is happy when that word is used, as it conveniently and effectively prevents the actual transfer fee from becoming public knowledge. The fans want to know how much they have bought (or sold) their player for—so they can argue about it with their mates—and the media do too—so they know how soon they can label the transferred player a ‘bargain’ or a ‘bust’.

Comment

Ahhh the well known bible of football- the bleach report (???). Written by one of the world's most trusted and well respected football analysts- Alex Dimond (again??????). Good to see it's up to date too.

Comment

On a more serious note regards transfer fees: I have a multiple choice question for you all to answer.

If Jordan Henderson is worth £20m, how much, in the current market, am I worth? Bearing in mind I can run 100m in under 47 second, mind.

a) £725k
                b) £1.1m
                c) Fark off with your pointless question you silly fat ba$tard
                You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
                  On a more serious note regards transfer fees: I have a multiple choice question for you all to answer.

If Jordan Henderson is worth £20m, how much, in the current market, am I worth? Bearing in mind I can run 100m in under 47 second, mind.

a) £725k
                  b) £1.1m
                  c) Fark off with your pointless question you silly fat ba$tard
                  Get with the programme Matty - it's not about how much you're worth so much as how much the actual transfer fee was. Marshy is entitled to know and he won't stop until you tell him. It's his right dontcha know :strive:
                  #standuptocancer
                  #inyourfacecancer

Comment

At the end of the Day it's our investers money and they seem fit to do what they like. rumour is it's around £8M these are not normally that far off. if Remy keeps us up with his goals it will be well spent, we can only judge at the end of the season. and in the accounts next year, we will see what was spent on players
                    if our team of Investors are not saddling the club with a massive debt outside the club which I beleive they are not as Amit said the club was debt free and any money owed was to the Owners of the club?

Comment

Originally posted by Bluehoop View Post
                      Get with the programme Matty - it's not about how much you're worth so much as how much the actual transfer fee was. Marshy is entitled to know and he won't stop until you tell him. It's his right dontcha know :strive:
                      Sorry Blue, you're right - I should know better :shy:

Comment

I can't choose c) because then I will have to infract myself. Nice entrapment attempt, Matty.
                        Banning people is no longer my hobby,
                        but take a look at my photo blog:

http://kirillqpr.blogspot.com/

How and why did I start supporting QPR in Estonia:
                        http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/blog.php?b=852

Comment

Originally posted by Kirill View Post
                          I can't choose c) because then I will have to infract myself. Nice entrapment attempt, Matty.
                          I'm going to have to get out of bed earlier if I want to catch you out aren't I Kirill

Comment

#standuptocancer
                            #inyourfacecancer

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
                              I'm going to have to get out of bed earlier...
                              You can actually get out of bed?
                              Banning people is no longer my hobby,
                              but take a look at my photo blog:

http://kirillqpr.blogspot.com/

How and why did I start supporting QPR in Estonia:
                              http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/blog.php?b=852

Comment

You can actually get out of bed?
                                That's harsh Kirill - if you were here and saw Embarrassing Fat Bodies on the TV last night you would show a little more compassion
                                Proper car crash TV that is
                                #standuptocancer
                                #inyourfacecancer

Comment

Working...
                                X