Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Soton spent 12m on Ramirez, but I think its more wages we are over paying

Comment

If you actually read some of there forums they do have some fans talking sense about the situation i.e if we had the money you'd all be wetting yourselves about getting a player of this calibre in etc etc, and they have to do what they have to do etc but those ones all get shot down with no viable answer,it is all down to pure jealously,simples !!

Comment

Wages are generally more important than transfer fees these days. We have no right to sneer at Southampton etc when we have numerous players earning millions per year.

Consider Bosingwa and Jay Rodriguez - one was a free transfer, the other cost Southampton £7m. However, the total value of the deal probably works out fairly similarly:

Bosingwa £65k per week = £3.4m per year
        Over three years = ~£10m

Rodriguez is going to be on less than half Bosingwa's salary, and towards end of his contract he'll still be in his mid-twenties and able to fetch a transfer fee.

Basically, stop banging on about transfer fees! It's 2013!

Comment

Originally posted by Fozzieboy View Post
          Hmm. Strange how we are being judged! Our owners a very very rich men. They are also very proud business men with massive European rep's which they would not like to lose on us.
          This forum was full of the same craven nonsense during Flavio and Bernie's time.

'They're top businessmen, they won't accept failure!'
          'They'll be going through all the expenses with a fine toothed comb'
          'They didn't get rich by wasting money on [xyz]'

Just because someone is a successful businessman doesn't mean they are going to be any good at running a football club, and it certainly doesn't mean they will have the clubs/fans best interests at heart.

And if 'Fernandes won't want to lose his rep over us' is the best reason we can come up with for why we won't be landed in the poo a few years from now, then we're really in trouble. I think he'd rather lose his rep amongst a few football fans (who aren't exactly prime Air Asia targets anyway) than get burnt for potentially hundreds of millions...

Comment

guys it's all just Jealousy they would all be loving it if they were doing it, I assume our board know what they're doing and trust them to do the right thing, so my saying to all those others who go on about us
            are we BOVERED!

Comment

Originally posted by Geng View Post
              Wages are generally more important than transfer fees these days. We have no right to sneer at Southampton etc when we have numerous players earning millions per year.

Consider Bosingwa and Jay Rodriguez - one was a free transfer, the other cost Southampton £7m. However, the total value of the deal probably works out fairly similarly:

Bosingwa £65k per week = £3.4m per year
              Over three years = ~£10m

Rodriguez is going to be on less than half Bosingwa's salary, and towards end of his contract he'll still be in his mid-twenties and able to fetch a transfer fee.

Basically, stop banging on about transfer fees! It's 2013!
              No one is sneering at Soton, they are sneering at us! So they've spent similar to us, why is all the hate aimed at us?

Comment

Been reading some toon sites and they're saying stuff like dodged a bullet...he's not worth £80,000 pw..etc. If newcastle came in and matched our offer and he chose them it'd be a totally different story.The clubs squealing the loudest are the ones who can't match our offers and the ones just above the drop zone

Comment

Originally posted by Gtleighsr3 View Post
                  it does make me mad,they judge us on our ground fanbase etc compared to them,If they compared to owners wealth theyd shut up.then they pull the old if the owners leave chessnut,well that applies to any buisness doesnt it.If weve got it why dont we go for it.get the prem place stability ,get the new ground,and push on.Thats what they really are scared about,little old QPR if they survive again what will they do then.If we can stay up i think weve made it i really do,we will be going places eventually,not top 4 but anythings poss after that and they all know it.
                  I think there is something in what you say.
                  Right now, while teams like Norwich, Swansea, and Fulham, are Lording it over us, there is a deep-seated fear amongst their fans that at any moment, given the wealth of our backers/owners, things will just click, fall into place at QPR, and vrrrrrooooommmm, off we go, leaving those idiots well and truly behind us.They are desperate, just desperate, to see us relegated, as they believe then that would be the end of us.
                  But, it wouldn't. Far from it.

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
                    Been reading some toon sites and they're saying stuff like dodged a bullet...he's not worth £80,000 pw..etc. If newcastle came in and matched our offer and he chose them it'd be a totally different story.The clubs squealing the loudest are the ones who can't match our offers and the ones just above the drop zone
                    A 230 page thread of mostly positive posts dating back to 18th Dec tells me there are more then a few Geordies lying to themselves right now. http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufc...c,93317.0.html

Comment

There's a lot of green eyed monsters and jealous hypocrites in my neck of the woods atm...I've had a go at them on our boards, they seriously need to grow up.

I would love your money at City but its not to be, I won't however rubbish you for your good fortune.

So good luck to you.

Comment

is this the same Villa who went out and spent £20+ million on Darren Bent to stay up and who cant make the team now. People in glasses houses springs to mind

Comment

to be honest, they may well hate/dislike qpr but not as much as i hate/dislike
                          all teams bar qpr.
                          over recent yrs cos we refused to be bullied, other clubs now dislike us...so what!

Comment

Originally posted by Wiz View Post
                            There's a lot of green eyed monsters and jealous hypocrites in my neck of the woods atm...I've had a go at them on our boards, they seriously need to grow up.

I would love your money at City but its not to be, I won't however rubbish you for your good fortune.

So good luck to you.
                            Thanks Wiz...
                            Minds Are Like Parachutes.
                            Work Best When Open...
                            @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

on the Pinkun site Wiz is hated more than u.Some going that fella.
                              Chelmsford City the home of Radio

Comment

Working...
                              X