• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Timmy the Doc View Post
    No, he wasn't.
    Specsavers for you son.

Comment

Originally posted by SammyKojoe View Post
      Specsavers for you son.
      Could say the same about your comments. He was good against Fulham but excellent against Chelsea is an exaggeration. So two games makes M'Bia a better player than Palacios who's been playing well in the Premiership for numerous good established Premiership sides, not to mention playing in the Champions League. The only great things I see M'Bia do is frigging dive, its getting pathetic watching him do that week in week out.

This is exactly the problem we have at our club. So many of our supporters get far too attached to players and when there is a change in personnel they throw their toys out the pram. Thing yesterday with Faurlin when the rumours surfaced about Palermo showing an interest.

Comment

Originally posted by Dazzer1977 View Post
        Could say the same about your comments. He was good against Fulham but excellent against Chelsea is an exaggeration. So two games makes M'Bia a better player than Palacios who's been playing well in the Premiership for numerous good established Premiership sides, not to mention playing in the Champions League. The only great things I see M'Bia do is frigging dive, its getting pathetic watching him do that week in week out.

This is exactly the problem we have at our club. So many of our supporters get far too attached to players and when there is a change in personnel they throw their toys out the pram. Thing yesterday with Faurlin when the rumours surfaced about Palermo showing an interest.
        Dazzer you love an argument. However on this occasion you're spot on. Pains me to hear about how good m'bia is when reality is technically he is an extremely poor player who gives his shirt to the away qpr fan, so that's good enough.
        I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
          Dazzer you love an argument. However on this occasion you're spot on. Pains me to hear about how good m'bia is when reality is technically he is an extremely poor player who gives his shirt to the away qpr fan, so that's good enough.
          And when was the last time you looked in the mirror.

Comment

Originally posted by Del View Post
            Agree... i rate Mbia highly and think he's come in for some unfair criticism of late.
            By far one of our better players. Not many I'd put behind him in the queue to have a pop at. Not sure why people seem to want to dig out our players constantly.
            You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
              By far one of our better players. Not many I'd put behind him in the queue to have a pop at. Not sure why people seem to want to dig out our players constantly.
              I'm not digging him out constantly Matty, I just cant work out what the fuss is about him. If he didn't give his shirt to a kid in the crowd would people really talk about him as much i wonder? His passing generally is really bad when going forwards. He's no Scott Parker in a tackle, and some of his dives have been better than what I see in the summer during the Olympics. He runs around a lot but that don't make him a good footballer does it? Lets have a serious debate. Please explain to me what I am missing? Derry has been better in the games he's played in for us bar one which I thought he has a shocker in earlier in the season.

Comment

I'm not digging him out constantly Matty, I just cant work out what the fuss is about him. If he didn't give his shirt to a kid in the crowd would people really talk about him as much i wonder? His passing generally is really bad when going forwards. He's no Scott Parker in a tackle, and some of his dives have been better than what I see in the summer during the Olympics. He runs around a lot but that don't make him a good footballer does it? Lets have a serious debate. Please explain to me what I am missing? Derry has been better in the games he's played in for us bar one which I thought he has a shocker in earlier in the season.
                Didn't mean that at you Dazzer apologies if it sounded that way. Just meant in general there seems more threads these days digging players out than anything else.
                I agree with ya regards the diving (pretty embarassing tbh I can't stand that!) - but ability wise I think he is mustard. I don't think his passing is bad at all (one particular pass I remember was a great long ball for SWP which he struck the post with from outside the area), I think he is a great tackler and wins plenty in the air - I also like the way he doesn't always just win a winner for it to be given straight back to the opposition's defence - he has great spatial awareness and knows when he has time to bring the ball down on his chest and play a pass instead, thus keeping possession.
                All down to opinions, but in mine, he is streets ahead of Derry (whom I love by the way - just don't think he is anywehre near as good as Mbia).

He has had 1 or 2 poor games, yes, but as I've said on many a thread recently, so has every single 1 of our players - been plenty of games this season where 10 of our 11 players (generally excluding Nelsen!) have been $hit.
                You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Would rather Faurlin in the team than Palacios
                  "When you went to the corner and saw our fans celebrating the way they were you just wanted to be part of it" - Shaun Derry after we beat the scum 1-0

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
                    Didn't mean that at you Dazzer apologies if it sounded that way. Just meant in general there seems more threads these days digging players out than anything else.
                    I agree with ya regards the diving (pretty embarassing tbh I can't stand that!) - but ability wise I think he is mustard. I don't think his passing is bad at all (one particular pass I remember was a great long ball for SWP which he struck the post with from outside the area), I think he is a great tackler and wins plenty in the air. All down to opinions, but in mine, he is streets ahead of Derry (who I love by the way - just don't think he is anywehre near as good as Mbia).

He has had 1 or 2 poor games, but as I've said on many a trhead recently, so has every single 1 of our players, alot of games this season 10 of our 11 players (generally excluding Nelsen!) has been $hit.
                    No worries, no dig taken mate. Maybe my opinion is being influenced by his theatricals. Winds me up chronic that because he's done it in stupid areas which have nearly cost us. Of late I just see him as someone who has a rocket up his ar$e who fly's around everywhere but don't really win much or do anything with the ball.

I thought it was Faurlin who played that ball through to SWP?
                    Last edited by Dazzer1977; 11-01-2013, 05:20 PM.

Comment

I could not give two hoots about him giving his shirt to the crowd. I also am not one of those who think he is exempt from being criticised if he plays poorly which he has in a few games. As i said earlier though he plays with a different midfielder every week. Against Fulham he kept Berbatov quiet who likes to drop into that area and cause damage but he owned him. Against Chelsea he battled with and kept Luiz quiet for 90 mins. Luiz had by all accounts been the best player in the 4 previous games Chelsea won. Derry, Granero and Mbia were all excellent against Chelsea. Who won the ball to allow Granero to have it so much?

Let us not forget that through ball against West Brom for Cisse in the league game. Class that was. Yes you may say it is one through ball but i cannot remember golden boy Mackie picking a pass like that and creating a goal? Or doing anything recently apart from miss simple chances but Mbia gets the flack.

As for his diving i agree with you on that. Is shocking. But make no mistake, he is the only consistent starter in midfield under Harry. The rest play with him. Surely that suggests he is a good player?

Comment

What Matty said
                        Minds Are Like Parachutes.
                        Work Best When Open...
                        @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

I will have a hard time warming to an effing Honduran player.
                          'Only a Ranger!' cried Gandalf. 'My dear Frodo, that is just what the Rangers are: the last remnant in the South of the great people, the Men of West London.' - Lord of the Rings, Book II, Chapter I - Many Meetings.

Comment

So two games makes M'Bia a better player than Palacios who's been playing well in the Premiership for numerous good established Premiership sides, not to mention playing in the Champions League.
                            Another person who is acting like this season hasn't happened yet! Let's keep signing players based on past glories, that's working out so well for us!

Palacios hasn't played in the CL in two years, and has barely played at all in the last few years. 49 minutes this season. 807 last. 1200 the year before that (at Spurs). The guy can't keep Glenn Whelan out of the Stoke side - possibly the single most limited CM getting a regular start in the league! And you think he's 'been playing well in the Premiership'...

...sure, he had a few excellent seasons, especially with Wigan. But it sounds like you made your mind up about him in 2009 and haven't updated your thinking ever since. Let me name you some other players who looked good in 2009: Bosingwa, Park, SWP, Zamor...you get the point.

Still a better player than Derry, mind, but Derry is in the side because of the mental strength he offers not because he's necessarily a particularly great premier league DM.

Good posts from Matty and SammyKoejoe above

Comment

Working...
                            X