No announcement yet.

Nelsen leaving to... /merged/

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shift Onuoha back out to centre back, he's playing well now and is clearly better as a centre back. Also bring back Luke Young to play at right back.
    "When you went to the corner and saw our fans celebrating the way they were you just wanted to be part of it" - Shaun Derry after we beat the scum 1-0

Comment

From what I have read he is not going to be player manager, just manager.

Comment

Does anybody know if Young is fit?

Comment

I wouldn't want to stand in his way or nothing, but surely he signed a contract for the season...???? If so, i'm sorry the club's status must come first and they should refuse to release him now when we need him most!

Comment

Originally posted by janemelanie View Post
            Does anybody know if Young is fit?
            Not played for the best part of a year. Probably fit but not match fit and will be well off the pace.

Comment

Originally posted by Del View Post
              I wouldn't want to stand in his way or nothing, but surely he signed a contract for the season...???? If so, i'm sorry the club's status must come first and they should refuse to release him now when we need him most!
              Yes indeed!

What is up with these "one way" contracts? We are liable to keep paying a player until the end of the contract, even if he is crap, but if the player wants to leave mid-contract, off he goes?
              'Only a Ranger!' cried Gandalf. 'My dear Frodo, that is just what the Rangers are: the last remnant in the South of the great people, the Men of West London.' - Lord of the Rings, Book II, Chapter I - Many Meetings.

Comment

Originally posted by NortholtRanger View Post
                Not played for the best part of a year. Probably fit but not match fit and will be well off the pace.

Saw a rumour linking him to a CC. club the other day.
                Last edited by Shania; 08-01-2013, 09:53 AM.
                QPR
                Best team in the world
                Sort of

Comment

Very very disappointed in Nelsen if this is true, he signed a contract and should be honouring that contract, to me he is running away from another relegation battle. Ok he has probably been POTY so far but you have to wonder why he suddenly has to go mid season to a mickey mouse league......has more happened behind the scenes than we know ?

Comment

Anyone But Anton.....

Comment

• Originally posted by Kit View Post
                      Very very disappointed in Nelsen if this is true, he signed a contract and should be honouring that contract, to me he is running away from another relegation battle. Ok he has probably been POTY so far but you have to wonder why he suddenly has to go mid season to a mickey mouse league......has more happened behind the scenes than we know ?

It must have. This is not the way a true and dedicated proffesional should behave,IMO.
                      QPR
                      Best team in the world
                      Sort of

Comment

• Originally posted by dsqpr View Post
                        Yes indeed!

What is up with these "one way" contracts? We are liable to keep paying a player until the end of the contract, even if he is crap, but if the player wants to leave mid-contract, off he goes?
                        exactly, contracts only seem to protect the players and their whimsical behaviour. apart from ensuring compensation for the clubs what purpose do they serve. im grateful for his performance so far and reckon nelsens been a cut above the rest so far, and had me thinking he was different to most footballers. im growing more and more cynical about football as the years go by, bleed my bank account dry to show my loyalty while others do as they please and line their pockets with amounts on a weekly basis that many of us can only dream of earning yearly. i hope we atleast get something for our war chest in return for letting him go.

Comment

• Not sure why anyone is suprised that a player uses player power to get what they want. Hardly new is it? If he wants to go - he goes. Simple. Fans seem to think that grafters are somehow more loyal - he has no loytalty to us whatsoever.

Disaponting as we are so weak at the back.
                          twitter @silvercue

soundcloud

Comment

• Originally posted by Del View Post
                            Exactly. I do not believe that he would be leaving if the club told him to stay.

Comment

• Originally posted by silvercue View Post
                              Not sure why anyone is suprised that a player uses player power to get what they want. Hardly new is it? If he wants to go - he goes. Simple. Fans seem to think that grafters are somehow more loyal - he has no loytalty to us whatsoever.

Disaponting as we are so weak at the back.
                              Nothing to do with loyalty, its about the club having some backbone and putting their foot down. Sure he coudl strike and all that rubbish, but if he takes that route when we are in our current plight, let him rot in the reserves out of principle.

Comment

• We do not know what his contract says. He has been toying with the idea of going back to North America for some time, so maybe this was written into his contract.

Comment

Working...
                                X