No announcement yet.

Nelsen leaving to... /merged/

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like Nelson but if we have said he can go I would have done it on condition he plays against spurs so we get one more week to sort out a replacement. MLS is on a close season so I think that would have been reasonable from both parties. Can't believe we would approve this with 60mil at stake unless replacement is sorted

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
      I like Nelson but if we have said he can go I would have done it on condition he plays against spurs so we get one more week to sort out a replacement. MLS is on a close season so I think that would have been reasonable from both parties. Can't believe we would approve this with 60mil at stake unless replacement is sorted
      would be just like us to approve something like this dont you mean

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
        Something odd going on.

Even if there were replacements sorted and even if the plan was to throw them into the deep end any manager would still want Nelsen and Hill on the bench at least for the next couple of games.

Comment

worst news in a while - nelsen

http://www.soccerbyives.net/2013/01/...ead-coach.html

why as soon as something good happens do we we have to crash down to earth within a week

Comment

Yeah, one of the last people I would be looking to offload right now.
            Stuff like this only seems to happen to us, or feels as if it does.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHRANGER1982 View Post
              Yeah, one of the last people I would be looking to offload right now.
              Stuff like this only seems to happen to us, or feels as if it does.
              Not the case of us looking to offload him, he has been made an offer which he obviously couldnt refuse.

A real shame.

Comment

Typical :(

Comment

Big boots to fill for whoever comes in.
                  You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Originally posted by zeberdee View Post
                    Something odd going on.

Even if there were replacements sorted and even if the plan was to throw them into the deep end any manager would still want Nelsen and Hill on the bench at least for the next couple of games.
                    Agree mate unless he has retired it appears were more then willing to usher him out the door when he has been pivotal to us. If he was a squad player I could get us acting this way but he's the rock at the back. Add to that rumours of hill and Ferdinand leaving we surely must have irons in the fire. Add him to the coaching staff and groom him to be our next manager he clearly has the right characteristics and personality to be a decent manager

Comment

on the blower to my bird trying to pretend im listening to whatever she waffling on about, when in reality im narked about this news

Comment

I agree this makes no sense. Why, with no coaching experience would he want to go to the worst club in MLS. A club which has had 7 managers in 8 seasons. Also if he is retiring he is also giving up international football which he said he did not want to do.

Comment

cant begrudge him the chance.
                          Chelmsford City the home of Radio

Comment

havent been this gutted about a player leaving since we had to loan out peacock because we couldnt afford to pay him and i was then 8!
                            i supported qpr in the glory days when chris kiwomya and michael ngonge played up front

Comment

Carrager was suggested the other day as alternative. Similar sort of player experienced, hard and vocal could he fill the gap for five months

Comment

Originally posted by janemelanie View Post
                                I agree this makes no sense. Why, with no coaching experience would he want to go to the worst club in MLS. A club which has had 7 managers in 8 seasons. Also if he is retiring he is also giving up international football which he said he did not want to do.
                                If he retires he can't play for them as player manager as we would still retain his playing licence

Comment

Working...
                                X