Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

R's assistant boss Kevin Bond on tonight's game...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R's assistant boss Kevin Bond on tonight's game...

“The fans were disappointed and frustrated at the Liverpool game, and they were entitled to be. But what I’ve noticed about our fans is that it doesn’t need much from us at all for them to get right behind us. One attack, one shot on goal and they’re cheering us, getting behind us and encouraging us. It’s absolutely fantastic. We are in a difficult situation, it’s a difficult time, but if we’re going to get out of it then we’re going to do it as a group. All together. The lot of us. As a club. And that certainly includes the supporters.

We analysed and reflected on the Liverpool match straight after the game. With that in mind, we will put things in place to make sure we give a better account of ourselves tonight. We have put the game behind us but it’s not forgotten about.

We will try to be resilient and we will try to get nearer to people if we can. We didn’t feel we got near enough to people in the Liverpool game and there were too many gaps for them to work in. So we will try to avoid that and we’ll look to be a threat as well which is what we’ll need to be if we’re going to win the game. And that’s what we’re looking to do.

As we stand here today, the most important thing is the game against Chelsea and the points that are available in that match. What happens in the coming weeks with regards to the outcome of games and the outcome of bringing players in is all for the future. Right now our whole focus is on trying to get something from the Chelsea game.”

http://www.qpr.co.uk/news/article/02...=full#anchored

Understand where he's coming from but it's hard to get behind a team that appear to make little effort to get us out of this situation.

Comment

Yep. Says all the right things. As they all do after each embarrassment.

Surely the day must eventually come when they actually look like attempting to mean it. Not tonight though. I fully expect them to lie down and roll over again.

Comment

They could have copied and pasted that from any of Hughes', Bowen's or the other backroom staff's comments throughout the season. The way the media team get the supporters mentioned in every other word is becoming pretty tiresome. They must think we're all pretty thick and any mention of how great our support is will have us all smiling again. I've got nothing against Kevin Bond, i'd just prefer some brutal honesty at this stage.

It's another example of great lip service from the club. It's becoming clear to me that we talk and say all the right things, but scratch the surface and you'll see we actually don't deliver at all.

Comment

Originally posted by DouDou_87 View Post
          They could have copied and pasted that from any of Hughes', Bowen's or the other backroom staff's comments throughout the season. The way the media team get the supporters mentioned in every other word is becoming pretty tiresome. They must think we're all pretty thick and any mention of how great our support is will have us all smiling again. I've got nothing against Kevin Bond, i'd just prefer some brutal honesty at this stage.

It's another example of great lip service from the club. It's becoming clear to me that we talk and say all the right things, but scratch the surface and you'll see we actually don't deliver at all.
          Amen.

Comment

mahhhh more ******** being spouted.
            nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

You cant fool the fans. This team is not good enough.

Comment

Imagine how hard it must be to refer a team like ours as WE at the moment. Give the guy a break, itīs players like Cisse, Bosinwa, Hoilett,Diakite etc,etc. he is talking about!
                Kevin Bond is certainly not the man to blame for anything, IMO.
                Last edited by Shania; 02-01-2013, 04:09 PM.
                QPR
                Best team in the world
                Sort of

Comment

nothing against our new management team, they are 100% the right people to get us out of this mess and build a decent team.

Comment

Originally posted by kron-1664 View Post
                    nothing against our new management team, they are 100% the right people to get us out of this mess and build a decent team.
                    I agree with you.
                    QPR
                    Best team in the world
                    Sort of

Comment

"We didn’t feel we got near enough to people in the Liverpool game and there were too many gaps for them to work in"

Spot on - get the players in that will get in peoples faces and make it less like a training game for the opposition !!

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
                        "We didn’t feel we got near enough to people in the Liverpool game and there were too many gaps for them to work in"

Spot on - get the players in that will get in peoples faces and make it less like a training game for the opposition !!
                        Agreed, thatīs part of our problem.
                        QPR
                        Best team in the world
                        Sort of

Comment

hoillet must be super lazy or something in training cos he cant get into the team

Comment

Originally posted by Shania View Post
                            Agreed, thatīs part of our problem.
                            shania are you a fan of rubbish cars, last time you had an allegro now you got a princess

Comment

Just got back from Florida and off to the game tonight.
                              HAPPY NEW YEAR to all you Rangers fans out there.
                              Obvously, eveyone has to be seen to make the right noises publicly. In private, Harry and his men are probably wondering what on earth they're doing here.
                              Deep down, they're probably planning how to make sure we can come straight back up like, Newcastle and West Ham did.
                              Keep the faith

Comment

Working...
                              X