clint hill..........honest opinions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BUSHRANGER1982 View Post
    I can understand what you are saying with regard to a possible future in the championship, but our focus should be all about staying in the premiership, no matter how slim a chance we have.
    The time to plan for a campaign in the championship, will be when that dreaded 'R' appears next to our name in the league table.
    we are down mate. We need to act sensibly. I would concentrate on players out but if we have a chance to add decent youngsters then I am all for it
    I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Good honest pro but he is shhite
      nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
        Clint was referring to playing LB in the Prem. As a CB I think he is pretty able. More games than not he has been superb for us this year, Liverpool was a mare for him, but then it was for the whole side. I think we all know he is no world beater, but he certainly does a job at CB. His lack of pace was highlighted by Suarez (although in fairness he mugs most defenders off, he is mustard). Clint does the bread & butter stuff very well indeed and has saved us on numerous occasions this year with his tackles.

I'd love to get a decent young CB with abit of pace to play along side Clint or Nelsen.
        This. IMHO it's really, really not on to have any sort of pop at Clint. There are 23 other players- not Nelsen- in the squad more deserving of criticism....

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
          we are down mate. We need to act sensibly. I would concentrate on players out but if we have a chance to add decent youngsters then I am all for it
          So how much would you spend on decent youngsters then weare?...It seems to me there are a few fans that are complaining about Harry spending ...yet are quite happy to spend on these youngsters

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
            So how much would you spend on decent youngsters then weare?...It seems to me there are a few fans that are complaining about Harry spending ...yet are quite happy to spend on these youngsters
            These youngsters are the ones that will cost the money. I hear names like Rhodes & Austin banded about - these players are guna cost the best part of £10mill to get. Not a cheap option at all.

Not saying we shouldnt be going for them, just saying people seem to view youngsters as cheap alternatives but any decent youngster you pay a massive premium for - especially if theyre English.
            You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
              These youngsters are the ones that will cost the money. I hear names like Rhodes & Austin banded about - these players are guna cost the best part of £10mill to get. Not a cheap option at all.

Not saying we shouldnt be going for them, just saying people seem to view youngsters as cheap alternatives but any decent youngster you pay a massive premium for - especially if theyre English.
              This is my point Matty, there are people saying we must get rid of players and prepare for next season cause we're already down ...and then talk about buying Austin etc. It doesn't matter how old they are its all about attitude

Comment

he's a good player, god enough at this level, but only for a bottom-half of the table team. If we want to aim for top 12 next season (assuming we stay up), then I am afraid we need someone better.

One thing that he is underrated for is his passing - he can do some great 50 yard balls.

Comment

Fantastic attitude but borderline PL player at best. Nevertheless, the heart he brings to the team is something we absolutely NEED in the next few months.
                  'Only a Ranger!' cried Gandalf. 'My dear Frodo, that is just what the Rangers are: the last remnant in the South of the great people, the Men of West London.' - Lord of the Rings, Book II, Chapter I - Many Meetings.

Comment

He's a good centre back, very reliable and gets the job done. He's had maybe 1 or 2 poor games out of about 18 this season. He and Nelsen are getting on a bit so I think we'll need to replace them. Would be a very handy squad players though-even for a top half/midtable side imo.

Only thing i'd say about Clint is he's very limited, goes for the clearance every time he's on the ball, but as I said, he gets the job done and injects enthusiasm and good attitude into this miserable side of ours.
                    "When you went to the corner and saw our fans celebrating the way they were you just wanted to be part of it" - Shaun Derry after we beat the scum 1-0

Comment

Championship player really.

Comment

Afraid not, he was barely good enough for our 1st team in the Championship, nowhere near Prem quality! Can't fault his effort or commitment and it's a shame we don't have a few more players with his attitude but at this level you need people of a certain skill level otherwise you're going to get found out!

Comment

bring in a new younger faster CB, perhaps on loan, and keep Hill for as seems likely next season in the Chumpionship.

Comment

Not good enough and he will be roasted tonight as well. Get your money on Torres and Hazard both to score.

Again he is only in the team as he tries. This sums up the sorry state of our club at the moment. If you try you start, if you don't try there probably will still be a place as there is no-one else remotely good enough to replace you. Yes Mr Cisse, I'm referring to you......
                            :drunk:

Comment

Working...
                            X