Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Was it a mistake Gianni leaving the club....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Was it a mistake Gianni leaving the club....

I mean at least we had a guy there knew new the club and players inside out.

He had some great contacts in the game.

Had a lot of dealings with top agents.

Faurlin, Taarabt, Gorks, Connoly, Helguson Smith, we bought in some bloody good players.

He made some mistakes at Rangers but bought in some brilliant players was very shrewd and not a chance in hell he would of sanctioned the signings of some of these players on huge wages.

Lets not forget we still have Joey Barton on our books.

Now I dont want to re visit long drawn out arguments about my relationship with Paladini, I'm putting this out there as a point to debate.

I'm actually keen to here what people think, both sides of the coin in a straight forward and honest debate without it getting personal.

For me, Tony Fernandes is a good guy but he has left the running of the club to Phil Beard who has made some enormous **** ups.

He is no one's fool but it's become much more apparent now that agents have taken us to the cleaners.

I'm donning my tin hat and expecting incoming.....but I'm convinced we would have been better off with Paladini in rather than Phil Beard
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/1882QP...5398272?ref=ts

One thing I'm sure about was that he would never had handed out massive wages like this in the EPL, long contracts maybe but that's only because we can get something back from them if sold.

If a small club want a player, we have to pay higher wages to attract them.

Comment

The Answer Funky is no we wasted just as much money giving what we were turning over under Gianni

Big Contracts = Rowan Vine and Agemang

Dead end contracts = Borrowdale, Padula and Pellocori

At least we have wasted money this time round getting players the manager wanted instead of the Chairmen thinking he was a poor mans Abramovic and brining in who he wanted

Comment

well

well its probabley true to say that if tony had come on board ealier we would still have warnock and
        a lot of brilliant players would have been brought into the club on much lower saleries

hughsy thought it a good idea to bring in some big earning players but thats never been a good idea just cause somebody earns big money that dosnt mean they would be a good player

its really all about our bad luck in not getting tony in much quicker

whether paladini would have done any better is up for conjecture

but now we have harry we must hope he can turn the club around starting with a 4-0 nil victory over west brom
        Click here to view my blog.

More...

Comment

You've got to be firkin kidding?

No, seriously, this is a wind up isn't it?

I rejoiced as much when that greasy lying snidey slimeball chancer left, as I did when we stayed up
          I pity any club that allow him to weasel his way back into the game
          I need some time in the sunshine, I gotta slow it right down.

Comment

Originally posted by LBLOCK View Post
            You've got to be firkin kidding?

No, seriously, this is a wind up isn't it?

I rejoiced as much when that greasy lying snidey slimeball chancer left, as I did when we stayed up
            I pity any club that allow him to weasel his way back into the game

Better off without that thieving toad no matter how naive Fernandes and Beard have been.

Comment

Rather have had Gianni than Joorchabian involved in our club.
              You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
                Rather have had Gianni than Joorchabian involved in our club.
                Big difference between your own DoF and and an outside agent Matty.

Comment

I see what you mean. Giant I had his heart in the right place but in the Championship he made just as big mistakes. Agyemany, Vine etc.

Answer is no but I get where you're coming from
                  Under Les Ferdinand:
                  Luke Freeman, top assists in the league: 4million
                  Alex Smithies, great goalie for this club: 3,5million
                  Charlie Austin, 19 Premier League goals: 4million
                  Jack Robinson: Contract ran out, left for free
                  And many more mistakes

LES FERDINAND, IT'S TIME TO GO

Comment

quite liked GP in an Arthur dailey way.He was a cheeky chirpy chap,he wheeled and dealed and new how to lick ar se to the owners whilst keeping hisjob safe.Hes not really suited to the modern game now but would of ruled in the 70s 80s.All in all he did what he had to do and to be fair IMO did as much good as bad to our club.
                    Chelmsford City the home of Radio

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                      The Answer Funky is no we wasted just as much money giving what we were turning over under Gianni

Big Contracts = Rowan Vine and Agemang

Dead end contracts = Borrowdale, PADULA and Pellocori

At least we have wasted money this time round getting players the manager wanted instead of the Chairmen thinking he was a poor mans Abramovic and brining in who he wanted
                      Eh? Agree with the others but Padula was class for us! One of my favourite players down the years

Comment

Originally posted by RobertoQPR View Post
                        Eh? Agree with the others but Padula was class for us! One of my favourite players down the years
                        Think reference might be to the farce where Gino got paid for a contract that grade A c0ck gave him yet Gino never kicked a ball under it

Can't this joke thread be removed as we've far more important things to moan / worry about than memories of the debacle at our club under that clowns watch?
                        I need some time in the sunshine, I gotta slow it right down.

Comment

Padula had nothing to do with Gianni, he was a few years before GP became involved in the club and he was fantastic certainly no dead end !

Comment

Originally posted by LBLOCK View Post
                            Can't this joke thread be removed as we've far more important things to moan / worry about than memories of the debacle at our club under that clowns watch?
                            Agreed, and much as I'd love to remove it, it doesnt break any rules, so I'm afraid it has to remain to hopefully die away as quickly as possible.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley76 View Post
                              Big difference between your own DoF and and an outside agent Matty.
                              True but by the sounds of things Kia had a fair old grip on our transfer policies to the extent he may as well have been out DoF. Just glad he's gone and, although the damage done is still evident, we can try to rectify it under Arry - starting with getting shot of that pr1ck Bosingwa (provided anybody will have him!).
                              You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Working...
                              X