Fiorentina on verge of Granero bid?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
    Keep for me. Obviously a quality player, just look at the comments from Mourinho about him. We do have a short memroy on here, 4 or 5 games back people were saying what a good player he is - a bad run of form and all of a sudden we want rid? Near on the whole team have been $hite a majority of the games this season.
    His quality cant be questioned, he is a good player. My problem with him is that he doesnt try hard enough.
    Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
    Pawel Wszolek - 6
    Luke Freeman - 6
    Matt Smith - 6
    Ebere Eze - 4
    Joel Lynch - 3
    Tomer Hemed - 3
    Toni Leistner - 2
    Massimo Luongo- 2
    Angel Rangel - 2
    Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
    Geoff Cameron - 1
    Aramide Oteh - 1
    Jake Bidwell - 1
    Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Originally posted by silvercue View Post
      Yup - the only word I saw describing him was "quality" for a while. Now he is rubbish. Maybe doesn't want to be here.
      His quality isnt in question, its the last part of your post that appears to be the problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
        My problem with him is that he doesnt try hard enough.
        Good players make it look effortless. Good players always give the impression that they have more time on the ball for the simple reason that they have superior technique and ball control. Thats how people can be deceived into thinking that theyre not "trying". But in fact they are doing just as good a job if not better, but the difference with GOOD players is that they have better technique and better ball control. Continental fans grasp this crucial yet simple point better. Robsondinho who posts here also gets this point better than many. Its not always about how "hard you try", its about how good your technique/ball control is.

Comment

Keep for me. Obviously a quality player, just look at the comments from Mourinho about him. We do have a short memroy on here, 4 or 5 games back people were saying what a good player he is - a bad run of form and all of a sudden we want rid? Near on the whole team have been $hite a majority of the games this season.
          tbf if you look back at my earlier posts (not suggesting you are that bored btw) right from the start I said I wasn't entirely convinced - sure, he can look good on the ball but has always flattered to deceive imo: lots of nice turns and touches but doesn't ever boss a game or do any one thing (attack, run, pass, tackle, shoot) particularly brilliantly. Be very happy to be proved wrong and he can still turn it round but he needs to start showing a hell of a lot more fight. Symptomatic of the Hughes type player who just thought he only needed to turn up and he wd be in a top ten team. Haven't seen any signs yet that he even begins to realise how hard you have to work to earn the right to play in the premier league. So he played for Real Madrid? In the words of the song, that don't impress me much...

Comment

I'm sorry but you can see that he's disillusioned and that he's given up on us. If he can find his fighting spirit again like in the game against Man city and Spurs than we should keep. Then again if we get a better offer than what we paid than I think we should sell. It's a real shame but I don't think it's meant to be.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley76 View Post
              Good players make it look effortless. Good players always give the impression that they have more time on the ball for the simple reason that they have superior technique and ball control. Thats how people can be deceived into thinking that theyre not "trying". But in fact they are doing just as good a job if not better, but the difference with GOOD players is that they have better technique and better ball control. Continental fans grasp this crucial yet simple point better. Robsondinho who posts here also gets this point better than many. Its not always about how "hard you try", its about how good your technique/ball control is.

thats a fair point. i agree with his deft turns he does get into nice positions. i just don't think he does all that much with it when he is in those positions. there are some nice passes but there are also some really rank ones (going astray or taking free kicks when we are chasing the game with all the team forward and kicking it back to our keeper etc).

Comment

Originally posted by fisnik View Post
                I'm sorry but you can see that he's disillusioned and that he's given up on us. If he can find his fighting spirit again like in the game against Man city and Spurs than we should keep. Then again if we get a better offer than what we paid than I think we should sell. It's a real shame but I don't think it's meant to be.
                no way we will get a better offer than we paid. like virtually everyone we have signed, their reputations - and thus values - have plummeted since coming to Loftus Rd.

Comment

Yes, extraordinary change of sentiment on here. You wouldn't have to go back far to find numerous threads proclaiming him as the new Messiah.
                  Turns out he is just a very naughty boy!!

Comment

we need to start recouping some cash for next season.

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
                      Wouldnt be upset to see him go to be honest. As long as we recoup most, if not all, of the money we spent on him.
                      Lets not forget that Madrid rate him highly, and possibly expect him to progress to a biger club so i wouldn't be surprised if they have a sell on clause also.... meaning if we sell him, we'd need to get more than we paid, just to break even.

Personally he shouldn't be sold because is class. As for not settling, i think settled he settled in instantly in tough games, i just thinnk he's currently disillusioned as gone from a winning side to a losing side... that's the culture shock and once we get to winning ways i'm sure he'll shine.

Comment

Cant agree with you more mate. When the chips are down everything gets blown out of proportion and this is one of the worse places to visit when we aren't playing well. Plenty of people on here have the memory of a goldfish. He's been played all over the shop of late, most of which has been out of position. I'd go as far as saying he one of our best players but I don't think he's a Redknapp type of player hence why there is speculation about him going.

Comment

Wouldn't mind him gone - sell him, make a good profit and sign a quality centerback.

Comment

Originally posted by stainrodisalegend View Post
                            no way we will get a better offer than we paid. like virtually everyone we have signed, their reputations - and thus values - have plummeted since coming to Loftus Rd.
                            I agree completely. No way would we get more. They know he wants to go and that we got to sell in order to bring strikers/defender. Also I think it's been reported they want to pay 7mill Euros. We paid 12mill right? 9mill Sterling? No way are we getting that. So that's why i'm hoping maybe we get him to put in more of shift and not sell him. Maybe Harry can work his magic.

Comment

yep, complete goldfish on here.

Good post too from whoever above was talking about his touch and technique making him appear effortless. He also doesn't like to randomly pump the ball into the channels or at Zamora's head - a good thing - but this makes him seem ponderous when he is stuck with SWP, Mackie and Cisse ahead of him, all marking defenders.

Comment

Good player, possibly too good for the players around him though which can make him a liability if he is on a different wavelength to his team mates. I'd expect him to look a different player in a good footballing side where he is afforded more time on the ball.

Comment

Working...
                                X