Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dale View Post
    He lost the ball more times then getting free kicks for it
    There's a lot worse culprits in our squad at conceding possession than SWP.

Comment

Absolutely spot on . Not a big SWP fan but there are worse out there . But for the life of me I can't see what he offers that hoillet doesn't

Comment

Originally posted by midland R View Post
        he can't cross a ball,he can't beat his man,he can't shoot on target.he gets knocked off the ball like an elephant swatting a mosquito,he runs into a cul de sac at every opportunity,apart from that we have a hell of a player on our hands.
        Well said mate
        QPR fan since1987

@yousef_qpr

Comment

I like SWP...but not on the wings I find him more effective when he comes in the middle.

Comment

Many players have a languid loping style eg ex-internationals Waddle or Anelka. But people are deceived into thinking theyre a bad or lazy player because of it (Waddle used to get masses of stick for that from ignorant fans, yet he played for Newcastle, Spurs, Marseille, as well as winning 62 caps for England) and think just because another style is all energy and bluster that its better because it "appears" like theyre trying harder. Managers have always liked and picked SWP. Harry is picking him in every game and he's been watching us play all season. The proof will be in the pudding if he persists with him, but it keeps having to be repeated that he's a confidence player, and there have been signs of his improving since Harry arrived.

Comment

Working...
            X