Best player/Worst player of the match v Wigan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mattyqpr View Post
    Not to dig any of you out but how many of you went yesterday? Watching on TV doesn't show everything.

Best: Nelsen/Green
    Worst: SWP (By a mile)

By the above comment I mean, watching the game as a whole. Those who were there yesterday will agree that SWP couldn't give a toss about our position. His half (being generous) hearted tackles, his movement or lack of and in general his all round play is terrible. I wouldn't have him in my Sunday league side.

I don't care if he's not what he once was, but I can't accept people not putting 100% effort in. He's earning a fortune and got the life most kids dream of yet he can't give his all for 90 mins once a week. If he had half the passion of the fans up there yesterday (that can be said for a fair few players too) then people would accept his mistakes but when you've worked all week and travelled to Wigan on a cold December afternoon and see him not putting his foot in, battling or making runs to receive the ball then you feel a bit mugged off!

Look at how the fans perceive Nelsen, Hill, Derry and Mackie, nothing but praise and none of them are anywhere near the most gifted in the squad but they put a shift in and the fans acknowledge that. Yes, they make mistakes but that's accepted due to their all round effort.

If lose every game from now until the end of the season but work hard I won't complain, what I can't stand is players picking up a fortune, having the dream life compared to the working man and not putting effort in.

Rant over!

I do also notice how SWP fails to perform. But, I wait and wait and wait and wait for him to show some of his old self. It´s like waiting for Godot, it seems like. Of which many of our players are similar to, by the way.
    QPR
    Best team in the world
    Sort of

Comment

Best - It's always Nelsen (Though Green did good)
      Worst - It's always SWP's, he offers nothing in attack, nothing in defence, can't control a ball, can't shoot, can't pass, can't do anything. Total waster & I prefer Bob Malcom to that useless tw@
      Under Les Ferdinand:
      Luke Freeman, top assists in the league: 4million
      Alex Smithies, great goalie for this club: 3,5million
      Charlie Austin, 19 Premier League goals: 4million
      Jack Robinson: Contract ran out, left for free
      And many more mistakes

LES FERDINAND, IT'S TIME TO GO

Comment

Originally posted by qpr View Post
        Best - It's always Nelsen (Though Green did good)
        Worst - It's always SWP's, he offers nothing in attack, nothing in defence, can't control a ball, can't shoot, can't pass, can't do anything. Total waster & I prefer Bob Malcom to that useless tw@
        Apart for yesterday when chasing down a poor pass, winning the ball, getting out wide, controlling te ball from mbia and then picking out Cisse in the box with a well weighted pass for the second goal.

Don't get me wrong he didn't particularly pull up any tress yday, no1 did bar Nelsen and green, but to say he offers nothing and can't control, pass, shoot, or anything else is just wrong.

Comment

For me yday

Best: green, worst, diakite

Comment

Nelson best, amazing how someone giving 100% really stands out against those giving 50%.
            Diakite our worst player. Literally did nothing and don't remember him even touching the ball. Hugely over rated.
            :drunk:

Comment

Forgot to mention that Taarabt was horrible
              QPR fan since1987

@yousef_qpr

Comment

Originally posted by oldskoolturk View Post
                Apart for yesterday when chasing down a poor pass, winning the ball, getting out wide, controlling te ball from mbia and then picking out Cisse in the box with a well weighted pass for the second goal.

Don't get me wrong he didn't particularly pull up any tress yday, no1 did bar Nelsen and green, but to say he offers nothing and can't control, pass, shoot, or anything else is just wrong.
                I still think he's **** poor, the very least you need in the PL is to be able to be consistent.

With Swp's we're already down to ten men, to see that happen as a fan is heart breaking
                Under Les Ferdinand:
                Luke Freeman, top assists in the league: 4million
                Alex Smithies, great goalie for this club: 3,5million
                Charlie Austin, 19 Premier League goals: 4million
                Jack Robinson: Contract ran out, left for free
                And many more mistakes

LES FERDINAND, IT'S TIME TO GO

Comment

Originally posted by bonheurjh View Post
                  whats ur your choice ?

Best player had to be Green closely followed by Nelson
                  Worst SWP & Bosingwa both absolutely putrid

Comment

Some of the comments above must be from some who were not at the game. I was and Nelson was best by mile worst Diakite. SWP gets some unfair stick currently the fall guy for many, no not the best but contributed more than Tarrabt yesterday but he can do no wrong can he.

Comment

Best: Nelsen Worst: Bosingwa and Diakite

Comment

Originally posted by qpr View Post
                        I still think he's **** poor, the very least you need in the PL is to be able to be consistent.

With Swp's we're already down to ten men, to see that happen as a fan is heart breaking
                        I think that with SWP it has got to the point where he disappointed for so long that no matter what he does now he will always get slated. Personally I don't think he is anywhere near as bad as some people make out.

What I found interesting yday was that first half all Wigan attacks were down their right and very few down the left, second half (after the taarabt/cisse sub) was complete opposite which shows how underrated his def work is.

The SWP situation definitely reminds of Legs a few years ago

Comment

Originally posted by rickyranger View Post
                          Some of the comments above must be from some who were not at the game. I was and Nelson was best by mile worst Diakite. SWP gets some unfair stick currently the fall guy for many, no not the best but contributed more than Tarrabt yesterday but he can do no wrong can he.
                          Unfair stick? What did he do on Saturday to deserve praise? For the second goal he even bottled the challenge and got lucky that it fell to Mbia.

He literally doesn't move, watch him closely next time. He kept standing inside on Saturday which therefore made no room for Mackie in the penalty area because SWP was standing where he wanted to run. At one point Mackie had to run from the middle of the box out wide to offer Bosingwa a pass while SWP just stood there. The only time in the first half he actually went out wide, we managed to get a cross into the area and Mackie had a free header, which he got horribly wrong.

What about his 'shot' in the first half? Done exactly the same against WBA, shot from a stupid angle when we had options in the middle and hit it with a 'can't be arsed' attitude and it caused more trouble to the fans than the goalkeeper.

Hoilett hasn't been the best since he came here but he's already scored a few goals, something SWP just simply can't do. What SWP offers more than Hoilett i don't know? SWP's game is about pace and beating players, he doesn't even attempt to do this. He's an embarrassment and should be nowhere near the first team.

Comment

Originally posted by vblockranger View Post
                            Nelsen/Boswinga
                            This

Comment

I had a great idea to have a few pints pre-kick off in the boozer near the ground to soften the agony.......Even in my semi-****ed state I could see that the best players were Nelsen and Green and the worst probably.....the other 9

Comment

Working...
                              X