No announcement yet.

Spend in January or go down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

if somehow we are in touch with the other sides get some quality in, sadly think it will be all but over in Jan. and our priority should be off-loading the wasters and big earners and get in some hungry talent to help in the championship campaign next season
    I must away now, I can no longer tarry
    This morning's tempest I have to cross
    I must be guided without a stumble
    Into the arms I love the most

Comment

Originally posted by zeberdee View Post
      Don't disagree with you. No point in spending just to go down. A full season and some tinkering and this squad could stay up.

However turning it from the current side to a team that wins 10 from 22 games will take some quality.
      Well we aint got a full season and if we are still where we are now in Jan then not a lot will happen in Jan. If we are a few points adrift we may spend a little and ship out a little, but there will be no point in bringing in 30 somethings. We will need young hungry players and DJ back.

Comment

These blokes are not going to sign for a championship bound team. We will only get loan players. Do not be surprise if we sell players as Fernandes will get a higher value in this window than the summer.

Comment

Originally posted by Geng View Post
          Had we not signed Granero or Bosingwa I can imagine half this forum would be busy clamouring for their signings right about now.
          That's just about spot on......

Comment

the problem is the confidence in the team is zero.Players are scared to make mistakes so dont try stuff they would otherwise.get a run going,confidence comes back slowly and the players will look how they supposed to when you think of them.
            Chelmsford City the home of Radio

Comment

We don't need to go spending loads of money we are going down don't need to take a big budget into the championship we'll be forking out enough with what we have now also players won't want to come to a team who's about to be relegated solo I'm affraid it'll be loan players only,

Comment

unless we win the remaining december games.. id rather we looked to sell on the high earners and plan for championship.

give me hungry championship players over these overpaid wasters anyday.
                Soldier: "im on reconnaissance sir.. im looking for our camouflage expert.. have you seen him?"
                Lovejoy: "No?!"
                Soldier: "GOD DAMNIT THAT GUYS GOOD!"

Please Follow My Twitter

Comment

The championship will be bloody hard next season. Cant see us adjust to that in less than 2 seasons....

Look at how Bolton and Blackburn are struggling to make an impact while good old Ollie might be back in the PL next season.....

Comment

Sign anybody with a vowel at the end of their name.

Comment

I fancy loan signings so as not to jeopardise club budget. We've already spent and got nothing as qpr said. IMO we need a RB, CB and a striker. We need to bring DJ Campbell back as well.
                      QPR fan since1987

@yousef_qpr

Comment

I would say that if we are adrift and it looks impossible that we look to buy in a few outstanding championship players to help us next season. They would be more likely to sign for a Premier League club as if/when we do go down, they might think twice. These players can then have 6 months playing together so that next season, no adjustment in the team is needed and we have a cohesive unit who know each other's games so we can steam-roller the league from day 1.

Comment

Originally posted by zeberdee View Post
                          Don't disagree with you. No point in spending just to go down. A full season and some tinkering and this squad could stay up.

However turning it from the current side to a team that wins 10 from 22 games will take some quality.
                          Take some quality? Not sure what that means. I think you mean it'll take some effort. Nobody can say the champions league winners in our squad don't have the ability, it's about putting that ability to use.
                          Supporting QPR isn't just about a football team. It's about roots and identity.

Comment

Originally posted by acricketer View Post
                            Sign anybody with a vowel at the end of their name.
                            Lisbie!
                            Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                            Pawel Wszolek - 6
                            Luke Freeman - 6
                            Matt Smith - 6
                            Ebere Eze - 4
                            Joel Lynch - 3
                            Tomer Hemed - 3
                            Toni Leistner - 2
                            Massimo Luongo- 2
                            Angel Rangel - 2
                            Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                            Geoff Cameron - 1
                            Aramide Oteh - 1
                            Jake Bidwell - 1
                            Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Originally posted by QPR Richard View Post
                              Take some quality? Not sure what that means. I think you mean it'll take some effort. Nobody can say the champions league winners in our squad don't have the ability, it's about putting that ability to use.
                              I said in the OP what thought it would take to go from a winless team to winning 10 from the next 22 games - Samba+Dawson+Adebayor+Remi. None of those players will sign next month but it gives an indication of the level of quality required and positions that most need strengthening ie 2 centre forwards and 2 strikers.

Not really short of effort imo. Just that the squad as a whole has not proven good enough and the above plugs the biggest gaps fast and gives a chance.

A reasonable alternative approach is to prepare for the championship and focus on players who can win promotion next season instead. Makes a lot of sense too but means a loss of EPL/Sky revenues too.

Comment

Yes, Adebayor and Remi really strikes me as an ideal forward line for the Championship. A lazy waster with a bad attitude who earns £170k/week, and a current French international seeking Champions League football.

Comment

Working...
                                X