Spend in January or go down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spend in January or go down

To even get 3 draws out of this squad is good going. What is available is just not strong enough imo and the hole is plainly very deep.

QPR will need roughly top 6 form in the new year to survive which looks miles away.

2 first team CDs and 2 first team strikers and some luck might give a chance of staying up.

But you are talking about something like Samba+Dawson and Adebayor+Remi - that is the level of strengthening required.

Not gonna get much change out of £25m if it was the summer. Loans and January complicates it a little but that is the ball park of quality and cost and wages that could retain EPL status.

Not being rude but we have spent & look at the trash we've got here right now. For me it's loans. Keane, Samba with an option to buy. etc etc

My opinion anyway, right or wrong
    Under Les Ferdinand:
    Luke Freeman, top assists in the league: 4million
    Alex Smithies, great goalie for this club: 3,5million
    Charlie Austin, 19 Premier League goals: 4million
    Jack Robinson: Contract ran out, left for free
    And many more mistakes

LES FERDINAND, IT'S TIME TO GO

Comment

I think we will be too far adrift in January to survive no matter who we buy, a couple of wins in the last few weeks may have changed that but that's not the case!
      @gatorTFC

Comment

Keep spending spend spend spend more players spend money want want

Comment

Going down is not the end of the world.

But I don't see survival without a big upgrade to the team. Upgrades cost money.

I could be wrong. Just my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by qpr View Post
            Not being rude but we have spent & look at the trash we've got here right now. For me it's loans. Keane, Samba with an option to buy. etc etc
            My opinion anyway, right or wrong
            Maybe you spend the money on wages and loan deals etc. Maybe don't need to spend £20m or £25m which is about what it would cost in the summer. But I think the scale of it is as I said.

Need 2 CDs and 2 strikers who can start every game. The kind of results required in the second half of the season are mounting up.

Comment

If we ever bring new players in, it must be for a six month period with a good bonus if we stay up. Any other deals will be suicide for QPR.

Comment

Originally posted by Martinmalta View Post
                If we ever bring new players in, it must be for a six month period with a good bonus if we stay up. Any other deals will be suicide for QPR.
                Agree with that. Got to balance the books and have relegation clauses in players contracts and all that. No point mortgaging the club. Relegation is not administration.

But I don't think tinkering and tweaking will produce 10 wins from 22 games with the current squad.

Comment

if set the perameteres to semi pro and board diffuculty to ameteaur we will have at least 28 mill to spend in Jan,Fifa styleeee
                  Chelmsford City the home of Radio

Comment

Originally posted by Gtleighsr3 View Post
                    if set the perameteres to semi pro and board diffuculty to ameteaur we will have at least 28 mill to spend in Jan,Fifa styleeee
                    Not sure what you mean. Do you like those computer games then? Not for me really but to each his own.

I am just looking at what you would need to add to the current team to get a side that wins 10 from 22 games.

something like Samba+Dawson and Adebayor+Remi might do it. If you bought them in the summer you are looking at about £25m. Not going to buy those players in January or spend £25m. But that is the scale of improvement required imo.

What 4 players would you add to the current team to get a side that wins 10 from 22 games ?

Comment

If we are still 8 points adrift come Jan then there is little point in spending millions, plus what quality players would join a relegation team? At best he'll ship some out and bring in some loans.

Comment

DJ back,Dawson in, Ince from Blackpool and other
                        Chelmsford City the home of Radio

Comment

Originally posted by zeberdee View Post
                          Not sure what you mean. Do you like those computer games then? Not for me really but to each his own.

I am just looking at what you would need to add to the current team to get a side that wins 10 from 22 games.

something like Samba+Dawson and Adebayor+Remi might do it. If you bought them in the summer you are looking at about £25m. Not going to buy those players in January or spend £25m. But that is the scale of improvement required imo.

What 4 players would you add to the current team to get a side that wins 10 from 22 games ?
                          What is your critique of this current side? What did Hughes do wrong? It seems to me you just want more of the same, on the off chance that the latest lot of expensive high-profile players happen to be better than Hughes' signings.

Why won't Adebayor turn out to be another Zamora/Cisse? He's a bit better, sure, but his wages are more than double and Adebayor is hardly known for his Jamie Makie style dedication.

Comment

Had we not signed Granero or Bosingwa I can imagine half this forum would be busy clamouring for their signings right about now.

Comment

Originally posted by theblackmafia. View Post
                              If we are still 8 points adrift come Jan then there is little point in spending millions, plus what quality players would join a relegation team? At best he'll ship some out and bring in some loans.
                              Don't disagree with you. No point in spending just to go down. A full season and some tinkering and this squad could stay up.

However turning it from the current side to a team that wins 10 from 22 games will take some quality.

Comment

Working...
                              X