Unconfigured Ad Widget
Collapse
The thread to end all threads about Koreans following particular football players
Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
-
So are there any other words in the English language that you would find offensive if viewed on this forum? Please make yourself clear so that MYU can ban people from using them in any context so not as to offend your fragile sensibilities? cow****, ******** ? hot dog? dogs ****** ? have a think because there are loads of words that i suppose could be used in racial abuse...if they was meant to be. But then again how will you be sure they are being used in that way?We must be on a loop or something, because I think I made myself clear when I said even the most innocent or common of words can be used as a racist comment if the writer or speaker uses it with such intention.
So, no. It is not true that the word ******** is never a racist remark. It is not a racist remark when simply describing the performance of a player. However, when it is intentionally used with racist intentions to demean a player of a particular ethnicity (in this case Korean), it becomes a racist comment. Of course, on the internet it is difficult to determine one's intentions, as Snaxo pointed out and I concurred.
Are we clear? Or do you still think language trumps intent? Before you answer, please think about how many languages you speak fluently.Last edited by vblockranger; 05-12-2012, 11:37 AM.Comment
-
Joon is a nice logical "young" lad as I am. the "young" are full of their ideas and passion right? as a senior(age term) I think you can let this go easy pizy
Besides, he spent most of his days in the US. where you find many strangers stab on people with stupid intents. Not saying the US is bad, but there is certainly a difference between the Korean who have dealt with many English people and the Korean who haven't.
Its your chance to show Joon how nice English can be to their visitors
Last edited by bonheurjh; 05-12-2012, 11:40 AM.Comment
-
If many Koreans are coming onto this forum and already prejudging us because of experiences with Americans then I think they should leave before they even post. We are nothing like the majority of Americans.Joon is a nice logical "young" lad as I am. the "young" are full of their ideas and passion right? as a senior(age term) I think you can let this go easy pizy
Besides, he spent most of his days in the US. where you find many strangers stab on people with stupid intents. Not saying the US is bad, but there is certainly a difference between the Korean who have dealt with many English people and the Korean who haven't.
Its your chance to show Joon how nice English can be to their visitors
Comment
-
Oh, why don't you first write up some clever code that automatically detects the thoughts and political correctness of each forum poster, and then I send you that list? Then we'd really have something eh? ;)So are there any other words in the English language that you would find offensive if viewed on this forum? Please make yourself clear so that MYU can ban people from using them in any context so not as to offend your fragile sensibilities? cow****, ******** ? hot dog? dogs ****** ? have a think because there are loads of words that i suppose could be used in racial abuse...if they was meant to be. But then again how will you be sure they are being used in that way?Comment
-
few months with Joon here will change his prejudging
let ourselves be the source of change
Comment
-
Joon has got to understand that following an individual from one club to another is not supporting a team. Moving to another club after Park leaves like the majority have left Man Utd is also an alien concept to an English football fan. I dont dislike the nation of Korea because of it obviously , its nothing personal but it doesnt sit that well with me. I like the fact Koreans are going to the games because that brings in money to my club which is always good. I dont think Park is any good as a player and i think he never will be after that last injury. For some reason criticizing Park on this forum seems to annoy the Korean fans to the point where they have to resort to looking for racial abuse. Thats all it is in my opinion..its the fact that for some their hero getting any kind of abuse or criticism winds them up so much they take it personally. The same as if i would get wound up if someone were to criticize QPR the team on a general football forum. But thats too bad, they are going to have to learn to accept criticisms and abuse aimed towards Park and learn not too take it personally.Joon is a nice logical "young" lad as I am. the "young" are full of their ideas and passion right? as a senior(age term) I think you can let this go easy pizy
Besides, he spent most of his days in the US. where you find many strangers stab on people with stupid intents. Not saying the US is bad, but there is certainly a difference between the Korean who have dealt with many English people and the Korean who haven't.
Its your chance to show Joon how nice English can be to their visitors
Comment
-
Recently there were murdered Korean people abroad in Australia.
just in few weeks 5 Korean people were killed without a reason.
Some may have unusually sensitive eyes atm.
I know its completely unrelated but let that be the reasoning please.
Its really painful to watch you lads fight and fight :(Comment
-
Bon, I know you mean well but I can speak for myself, thank you.
Northolt, you're talking with me so please do not generalize. Furthermore, Bon was referring to a PM that I just sent him in response to his post. I told Bon that where I grew up and was educated (yes, USA), racism is no laughing matter and that one should not simply sweep it under the rug.
I have been posting and replying to you entirely based on your posts on this forum and your discussion with me. We are in disagreement and I guess that will not change anytime soon.Comment
-
or why not grow up and stop seeing racial undertones when none exist.Comment
-
ahh so you are a ****? that explains the gung ho in the face attitude. Is it xenophobic to say that i find most Americans annoying and elitist? probably Joon will find it xenophobic anyway :-)Bon, I know you mean well but I can speak for myself, thank you.
Northolt, you're talking with me so please do not generalize. Furthermore, Bon was referring to a PM that I just sent him in response to his post. I told Bon that where I grew up and was educated (yes, USA), racism is no laughing matter and that one should not simply sweep it under the rug.
I have been posting and replying to you entirely based on your posts on this forum and your discussion with me. We are in disagreement and I guess that will not change anytime soon.
EDIT: btw thats y.ank i have written , nothing derogatory in that is there? why is that even starred out??? is Brits? Pomms? starred out too?Last edited by vblockranger; 05-12-2012, 11:58 AM.Comment
because I think I made myself clear when I said even the innocent or common of words can be used as a racist comment if the writer or speaker uses it with such intention.
it becomes a racist comment. Of course, on the internet it is difficult to determine one's intentions:=):, as Snaxo pointed out and I concurred.
Comment