X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

we need to sell players not buy.

Comment

Originally posted by NortholtRanger View Post
      Laudrup had an in depth knowledge of the talent available in Spain from his time coaching/managing over there.
      To be honest mate Michu had great stats last season in the Spainish league & I knew of him, he scored loads from centre midfield for Rayo. That's why clubs have scouts. Not a dig at you, but a dig at scouts who don't do their job
      Under Les Ferdinand:
      Luke Freeman, top assists in the league: 4million
      Alex Smithies, great goalie for this club: 3,5million
      Charlie Austin, 19 Premier League goals: 4million
      Jack Robinson: Contract ran out, left for free
      And many more mistakes

LES FERDINAND, IT'S TIME TO GO

Comment

Swanselona...Grr.. I long for the day when we will reach their and Norwich´s level.
        Pardon, my outburst:=):
        QPR
        Best team in the world
        Sort of

Comment

some players just don't travel too well, who would have thought Michu would have swapped sunny Spain for the industrial wastelands of the valleys, astute business by Laudrup, pity some of it did'nt rub off on sparky
          I must away now, I can no longer tarry
          This morning's tempest I have to cross
          I must be guided without a stumble
          Into the arms I love the most

Comment

We would not receive anything for SWP as his salary is too large. He is not the only one.

Comment

I would go all out for Charlie Austin, Tom Ince, a Left Back (still can't think of one) and another striker, Maybe even Kenwyne Jones?

Comment

Originally posted by RoryTheRanger View Post
                Either Gary Hooper or Charlie Austin if you want to go British. Bent is too lazy for me.
                I dont get this whole lazy tag? Because he dosnt chase down like Mackie does?

Bent is a goalscorer at the highest level and has proven that at all of his clubs. Berbatov is labelled lazy but would we turn our noses up at him?
                You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
                  I dont get this whole lazy tag? Because he dosnt chase down like Mackie does?

Bent is a goalscorer at the highest level and has proven that at all of his clubs. Berbatov is labelled lazy but would we turn our noses up at him?
                  Well we have a lazy goal scorer in Cisse and tbh I'd rather Mackie started ahead of him. We're in a relagation battle & need fighters. So yes I would turn him down personally.

If I'm being honest it's more about who we can offload in Janury & what loans we can get
                  Under Les Ferdinand:
                  And many more mistakes

Comment

think harry has said we wont buy if we are too far adrift in jan. even if we are still in the mix cant see anyone but loans. no one decent like bent will sign on a permanent deal for a club facing relegation. just not realistic, and thats even if tony sanctioned the spending.

Comment

Originally posted by stainrodisalegend View Post
                      think harry has said we wont buy if we are too far adrift in jan. even if we are still in the mix cant see anyone but loans. no one decent like bent will sign on a permanent deal for a club facing relegation. just not realistic, and thats even if tony sanctioned the spending.
                      Yeah Harry did say that. But from a players point of view that must be the worst thing you can see. If you do well we will buy players, if you don't do well then we won't buy players.

Just seems a bit odd
                      Under Les Ferdinand:
                      And many more mistakes

Comment

Thierry Henry loan maybe? Or Robbie Keane?

Can see Harry going for one of these two to be honest
                        "When you went to the corner and saw our fans celebrating the way they were you just wanted to be part of it" - Shaun Derry after we beat the scum 1-0

Comment

Originally posted by SuperHoopNik View Post
                          Thierry Henry loan maybe? Or Robbie Keane?

Can see Harry going for one of these two to be honest
                          not sure about that. harry made a point of saying the key stat about us is that we had worked less hard than any other team in the prem. he wasn't exactly sounding like mourinho but it was hard to argue with his very basic point that we need to run around more when we dont have the ball and we need to run around more when we do have it. there were improvements yesterday but adel, mackie and traore aside there were still too many players who weren't showing when one of our players was under pressure to off-load the ball. all of which suggests to me that harry will be after grafters, not aged superstars - but just my guesswork.

Comment

Originally posted by stainrodisalegend View Post
                            not sure about that. harry made a point of saying the key stat about us is that we had worked less hard than any other team in the prem. he wasn't exactly sounding like mourinho but it was hard to argue with his very basic point that we need to run around more when we dont have the ball and we need to run around more when we do have it. there were improvements yesterday but adel, mackie and traore aside there were still too many players who weren't showing when one of our players was under pressure to off-load the ball. all of which suggests to me that harry will be after grafters, not aged superstars - but just my guesswork.
                            True, he did say that. I reckon DJ should be given another go as he never really had a proper chance under Warnock due to injury and Hughes didn't even give him a go.
                            "When you went to the corner and saw our fans celebrating the way they were you just wanted to be part of it" - Shaun Derry after we beat the scum 1-0

Comment

Originally posted by RoryTheRanger View Post
                              Either Gary Hooper or Charlie Austin if you want to go British. Bent is too lazy for me.
                              Bent would be the right player if HR could get his confidence up,remember his been left out in the cold,he now has something to prove,just the player we want

Comment

Originally posted by Shania View Post
                                A young striker from Denmark; Cornelius. Target man.
                                Ben Watson
                                Dawson
                                Rhodes from Blackburn.
                                Yeah let's sign Ben 'with the broken leg' Watson. He can keep Kieron company on the sick table.

Comment

Working...
                                X