No announcement yet.

The Feeling I Get From Talking To Fans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is the PROJECT.............some means of shutting everybody up........what has been done to upgrade the inforstruture of the club,.........they have been here 2 years.....new chanderliers, revamped exec boxes, paint job..........things only that you can see..........youth setup?????? getting in more fans( they are driving them away)......sacking managers????? buying some good players, and a lot of tat ie unbalanced team.............Scouting system????????.

So then "what is the project".
    I really would like to know.

O yes and there is the sponsership deals, (that wont pay out till were in the prem)

They saved us i know, but for what??????????

They and us are a laughing stock.

Our global ambassador, what is that all about,and what has she done????????

As you can see i'm rather confused.
    They seek him here.................

Comment

If we refer back to the team under Ian Holloway, we can see a team of fighters - players and a manager that in the main really cared. The squad appeared to be united and the players had hearts of lions. As a unit, those boys played with desire. That unity seeped into the mindset of fans.

That's what it would mean if I was to sing 'we want our Rangers back'.

Comment

Originally posted by qblockpete View Post
        Thats where we differ, I think to a degree we can afford them. We are not going to go overboard about fees, club very rarely offers a player signing on fee and you have to cap wages. The clubs with parachute payments will be able to offer better wages. Players nowadays will go to clubs for the wages on offer. I cannot see how with getting 13,000 crowds we can justify bringing in two players on premiership wages and paying them 25-30k. Whatever negatives we have about Flavio, no denying he has ploughed money in on and off the pitch, with that brings higher expectations. We are not delivering.

You build teams and to be fair thats what we have done. Last January we brought in many players, we have not matched that since, but I really do believe if we are within touching distance of the top 6 early Jan, we will get in a number of players again. Problem is for whatever reason we've not done well since that Jan through to April.
        Pete - It was rumoured that the Mittall's paid money for players and the reason we did not improve the squad last January, was because he did not want to put any more in.

Is that true ?
        Last edited by paulmason; 24-08-2009, 05:10 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by BobHazell View Post
          If we refer back to the team under Ian Holloway, we can see a team of fighters - players and a manager that in the main really cared. The squad appeared to be united and the players had hearts of lions. As a unit, those boys played with desire. That unity seeped into the mindset of fans.

That's what it would mean if I was to sing 'we want our Rangers back'.
          Holloway has continued it at Blackpool. It does not matter that we should have beaten them 25-0 on the opening day, the fact is we did not and they are above us in the league and played harder teams than the relegation/mid table fodder we have played so far, except Bristol City.

Blackpool
          (A) QPR
          (H) Cardiff City
          (H) Derby County
          (A) Watford

QPR
          (H) Blackpool FLC D 1-1 14,013
          (A) Plymouth FLC D 1-1 11,588
          (A) Bristol City FLC L 0-1 14,571
          (H) Nottm Forest FLC D 1-1 13,058

Comment

Originally posted by davman View Post

I am yet to be convinced that theirs is *true* investment; by my reckoning all they have done is transfer the debt elsewhere.
            My biggest gripe is the fact that they have no pedigree in football matters and yet they want to have a say. With our gates, we have always needed to uncover a gem or two and then sell them on for a profit. Francis could do it consistently; Olly did it occasionally (****tu and Carlisle are both in the Prem today) and Paladini has done it once (out of about 40) in Connolly.

We have no scouting network and a horribly underfunded youth set up. Surely, if the owners were going to get promotion *properly* those would be the first two areas to be addressed, wouldn't they?

Laydeeeees and Gentlemen............

We have a winner...........

Nail on head.

Thanking you!

Comment

many are ****sed off
              do not want to travel
              go home now straight after game

club raised prices and created a corporate image, which we are def not that kind of club....

disillusioned die hard fans are walking away....and in numbers.

the c-club represents all i HATE IN FOOTBALL AND AT QPR...seeing smug ali russell galls me.

Comment

As soon as the words 'project' and boutique' were bandied around it proved that they are out of touch with, and have no interest in, the ordinary fans who are the lifeblood of this club.

I get fed up with people saying that the board put money in becaaue the fans 'couldn't afford to' ,and therefore we should be grateful. The average fan who goes home and away probably spends a far bigger percentage of their dispensible income doing do than the board do. To follow Rangers means going without other things. The board probably don't even notice the small dent in their bank balance caused by what they have invested (?) -- and I don't suppose they have gone without anything to do that.
                No wonder that I know several people who have cut back hugely on what games they go to.

I also get fed up hearing people saying how wonderful it is that the loan has been paid off -- they completely ignore the fact that the loan hasn't been paid off, we just now owe it to someone else.
                Faurlin is my hero!!! Love him!!! #########

Comment

Working...
                X