Spoke briefly to a player last night

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spoke briefly to a player last night

Won't say who obviously but I said to him that Gorkks and Connolly should surely be two of the first names on the team sheet? And that upfront is still a complete nightmare? What with HH being a bit sh1t and Vine being a winger not a striker.

He completely agreed and said he thinks exactly the same and that everyone else is as bemused at some of the selections.

Appara HH confidence is completely shot to sh1t and he's always worried he may get a knock and be injured again. Unless he starts firing soon he can see him being released.

However, he did say that morale is high and that they just need to "click".

Faurlin looks first class and just needs to get used to the pace and physicalness of the game..he was described as like Parejo but with some balls

Was thoroughly disappointed with yesterday - obviously.

Did point out one thing, which is true...what other CCC team has so many match winners and creative people in the side? We have an ambundance of talent we just need to get it working right.

He said general consensus is that whats needed is a player everyone can look upto in the squad - especially the younger guys.

Suppose you need that when youve got string characters such as Adel, Routledge and Buz in the same team....we need a Roy Keane out there.
    Running the London Marathon for the Down's Syndrome Association....

Visit my charity page here

So, you must have been speaking to someone not mentioned.....who likes to talk....I'll go for Ramage

Comment

The fact we are so lacking up front, and the fact we were wide open down the middle for their counter attacks, and the fact that we need a leader out there leads me to say the unforgivable on here:

One up front..... with Mahon sitting and shielding in front of the defence, allowing the midfield four (Faurlin, Buzsaky, Tarrabt and Routledge) to create and get in the box.

The one up front? That's the hard bit.
      Probably Agyemang is best suited to it.

4-1-4-1 is what our squad is best suited for.

Comment

He said general consensus is that whats needed is a player everyone can look upto in the squad - especially the younger guys.

Suppose you need that when youve got string characters such as Adel, Routledge and Buz in the same team....we need a Roy Keane out there.[/QUOTE]

Good point. We are missing a leader.
        I'm not the biggest fan of Rowly and think his best days are behind him, but his leadership on the pitch probably contributes as much as his playing ability.

Having said that, he bossed the midfield at Wycombe and Blackpool before his injury.
        Didn't SirPie post some stats as to how our results were better when Rowly played

Comment

Did point out one thing, which is true...what other CCC team has so many match winners and creative people in the side? We have an ambundance of talent we just need to get it working right.

Don't buy into this match winners line as we have no one scoring any match winning goals, having a number of players who look good on the ball means **** all if there is no end product.

The only match winner we have is Buzsaky because to date he is the only player I have seen put in trully match winning performances.

Comment

[Appara HH confidence is completely shot to sh1t and he's always worried he may get a knock and be injured again. Unless he starts firing soon he can see him being released.]

Is this why HH doesn't get stuck in? Unbelievable. Might as well retire then shouldn't he FFS. Maybe he should donate half his pay packet to St John's for a bit of karma.
            Last edited by w3r; 23-08-2009, 05:23 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

I'm starting to think Hamaan wouldn't be a bad buy! We definitely need a leader on the pitch and whilst Rowlands is to sum extent if we could get sum1 who has played at the highest level and has the experience it might work in our favour either that or we need an experienced striker like a Phillips! Something needs to be done thats for sure...

As for Helguson that doesn't surprise me but only we would end up with a player like that...

Comment

I do think we have been missing Rowly!

Comment

dangerous ground here...wasn't sousa sacked for talking to a fan???

Comment

Originally posted by themodfather View Post
                    Yeah.Posts like this should not be allowed.

But what can you do when the thread is self-moderated.

:(

Comment

oh come on!

We all talk to players and nothing in here is out of order.

Sousa and the fan convo was an excuse they needed and we all bloody know that!
                      Running the London Marathon for the Down's Syndrome Association....

Visit my charity page here

Comment

sounds to me like Magilton is going to lose the changing room very soon....if the players are bemused as well as the fans its only a matter of time.

Comment

Different scenario - for two reasons:

1) Sousa was named.
                          2) He claims to have spoken to a player, not the manager.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley76 View Post
                            Different scenario - for two reasons:

1) Sousa was named.
                            2) He claims to have spoken to a player, not the manager.
                            Just name him as Helgusson,Agyemang or Cook and that's one of the dead wood players off the books.

Comment

love it if you were talking to Helusson and he refers to himself in the 3rd person!

Comment

Working...
                              X