Fitz Hall - A Correction...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fitz Hall - A Correction...

When asked jokingly by a fan, "When are you getting injured again, Fitz?" outside the Springbok after the Blackpool game... instead of getting all aggressive and replying "I'll injure you in a minute", before stomping off in a huff.......... the correct answer would have been, "Oh I dunno, probably in the first half of the next home game, thanks for asking mate".

Still, it might even mean a game for our best defender, Matt Connelly.
    In place of Kanye Hall, or maybe Gary "I don't stop crosses, innit" Borrowdale.

Every cloud has a silver lining, eh.

Hall got injured around 30 mins and my dad pointed out Hall was hobbling round and holding his side.

I said 'what the **** is he still doing on the pitch, he is now a liablity and should go off'.

The old man responded 'he is too frightened of getting booed if he does'.

Every cloud does have a silver lining indeed, Fitz Hall has to be the biggest waste of space this club has ever signed.
    Last edited by W12_Ranger; 23-08-2009, 10:00 AM.

Comment

I'm not his biggest fan but that's harsh.

He was outstanding until he got injured yesterday. Stewart was s**t and even Gorkss looked poor when he came on.
      Your mum would love me...

Comment

Originally posted by BennyBoyRs View Post
        I'm not his biggest fan but that's harsh.

He was outstanding until he got injured yesterday. Stewart was s**t and even Gorkss looked poor when he came on.
        Its not harsh its the truth, Hall should have been subbed but chose to stay on. What if we had then conceded in those 15 mins then what, a selfish act to save face IMO - it was obvious he wasn't going to start the second half.

He was not outstanding either the whole defence was at sixes and sevens in the first 20 mins.

Stewart wasn't ****, Adebola is a massive physical test for any defender and despite the flick on for McGoldricks goal, Damien did well to contain him.

Gorkss wasn't poor he was composed as ever and won everything in the air as per usual. Gorkss might have done more for their goal but so might have Stewart and Borrowdale.

Comment

Lets be realistic here, it can't be easy playing against Adebola. He isn't a footballer, he is a human battering ram who launches himself at centre halfs and hopes the ball hits either him or them to create chances for his strike partner. I am sure all defenders are pleased to get out of a game against him without injury.
          RIP: Doug, Sniffer and Pat

Comment

Originally posted by kingo View Post
            Lets be realistic here, it can't be easy playing against Adebola. He isn't a footballer, he is a human battering ram who launches himself at centre halfs and hopes the ball hits either him or them to create chances for his strike partner. I am sure all defenders are pleased to get out of a game against him without injury.
            By all accounts Adebola is just what we need.

Comment

Adebola is what we needed......What another over the hill striker who doesn't score enough goals?!!!!

Comment

I was obviously at a different ground.

Praising Hall is tough for me as I can't Stand him, but credit where it's due and all that...he was mustard until he took a knock. Stewart was all over the place and mis-kicking the ball. Proved to me why I don't rate him. Ok, poor was maybe OTT for Gorkss, but he was certaiy not his usual high standard. His headers were across the goal at times and his clearences were bad. Defended well in the tackle, but didn't clear his lines well.

Other than Routledge, Faurlin ant the 1st half performance from Legs and Hall, there weren't many positives to take.

Buzz is getting back to his sharpness, but he needs to get some starts so we can really benefit from his attributes.

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
                  Adebola is what we needed......What another over the hill striker who doesn't score enough goals?!!!!
                  Obviously Adebola wouldn't be signed for goal scoring prowess however you might have noticed this over the hill striker caused us no end of grief yesterday and was good enough to keep Blackstock and Earnshaw on the bench.

'His performances in the 2008–09 season, during which he scored 10 goals from 42 appearances, earned him the club's Player of the Year award'

I think its obvious where Adebolas attributes lie and paired with someone like erm McGoldrick for instance who looked sharp and we could have signed he is the perfect foil in the CCC.

I'd swap any of our strikers for Adebola at present!

Comment

I have to say I think Pellicori looked decent. At least he attacked the ball with his head.

Adebola is not the answer, but he'd be a better addition than what we currently have.

Comment

Originally posted by BennyBoyRs View Post
                      I have to say I think Pellicori looked decent. At least he attacked the ball with his head.

Adebola is not the answer, but he'd be a better addition than what we currently have.
                      Thought Pellicori looked poor, another Italian cart horse who won't come close to double figures. Its early days but you just know this fella isn't going to do nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by W12_Ranger View Post
                        Thought Pellicori looked poor, another Italian cart horse who won't come close to double figures. Its early days but you just know this fella isn't going to do nothing.

Was hoping for more, but was slow, not great in the air, and not much better than De Carmine to be honest.
                        Agyemang is a better bet.

I wouldn't call him a cart horse just yet! But if he gets 15 goals this season, I'll eat my own left arm.

Comment

I thought the whole defence today was shocking tbh.

If JM thinks the 5 players used are better than Connolly, who could play any of the backline positions better, then im afraid i have no faith in this guy at all.

Comment

jm clearly doesnt like con' cos i cant think he doesnt rate him... or perhaps he doesnt go along with jims ******.. perhaps hes had enough of sitting on the bench while ****in damion "im a clown" stewart and fitz "lets hoof it" hall starts in front of him. i dont get it and im thinking neither does he, perhaps he aint showing the right attitude in training - was maybe content with playin left back before but now hes been overlooked there for b'dale lol i think he must be right ****ed off

Comment

hall should sod off...an awful signing and huge waste of money..we love signing injury prone guys....heidar,sturridge,hateley and hall come to mind...

what mug will pay for him now??

taxi for hall!!

Comment

Working...
                              X