The case against appointing Harry Redknapp as manager

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cookie Monster View Post
    The points about Harry are surely had to disagree with?

Can we afford to sign more players on big contracts with such a risk of going down?
    I agree with much of what he's said, but his obvious dislike and contempt for Fernandes make it a difficult read.

Comment

Indeed. But how can you be certain that he will keep us up? And what position will the club be if he doesnt keep us up?
      Originally posted by DeepcutHoop View Post
      You do realise we're not guaranteed to stay up under Redknapp. I'm not saying it would be more likely if we got someone else in, but this is not a straightforward "Spend now and stay up, or get relegated" unfortunately.

i know what your saying deep but in business you have to gamble IMO thats why TF has got where he has got huhes war taking us down a cul-de-sac at least we are all buzzing again (fingers crossed)

Comment

Sorry sticky keyboard.........:=):

Comment

I agree with much of what he's said, but his obvious dislike and contempt for Fernandes make it a difficult read.
          I dunno if its contempt. But I think hes annoyed that lots of fans think he can do no wrong.

Atleast you read the whole article

Comment

Just to clarfify. This is written by me. It was written by Ben Kosky who was the Fulham chronicles QPR man for ages. Wrote a crackin article condeming Paladini that could well have cost him his livelyhood. A QPR man through and throug.h

But yeah I d agree with almost everything hes said.

To answer your points.

2) Id be shocked if he accepted a one year contract. Lets be honest hes negotiating from the position of power here. And even if he only stay for a ywars. That wont necessarily stop him signing more player on long big wage contracts in a last ditch attmpt to keep us up. And in my opinion that could well fail and is a big gamble with the fincial health of the club.

1)If we do go down lumbered with a massively high wagebill that is still a MASSIVE problem. It completely impares our ability to bouce back. And if we dont look like were gonna get promoted again isnt it abit niave to ASSUME that tony will hang around if hes hemorrhaging millions and millions of pounds. Im not saying he isnt being genuine and his heart isnt in the right place. But at a point his backers will say enough is enough. Lets not delude ourselves here. They bought into QPR to make money. Not for the love of the club.

It doesnt mean were guranteed to be the next portsmouth. But the point is Harry has a record of being abit reckless with money. Especially when boards give him free reign. And based on our current history our board will probably let him run wild.
            Yeah that's a good article mate with some decent points . I just get the idea hr has been eying up this job for a while now and I honestly believe with him and his team at Qpr we'd push on . I don't fear for the future like I used to , maybe that's naive but I don't think hr would want to be associated with another pompy situation . Amit and tf have repeatedly stated we are without debt and are in good hands . Perhaps we as a supporter group find this hard to accept due to the awful owners we've had in the past . I think these guys are here for the long run and I'm personally buzzing about what could lie ahead for this club . If the worst happens the club will still be here but too many times In the last few years I've worried myself sick about rangers . I'm just going to enjoy being a Qpr fan again now

Comment

Originally posted by Greg1882 View Post
              Yeah that's a good article mate with some decent points . I just get the idea hr has been eying up this job for a while now and I honestly believe with him and his team at Qpr we'd push on . I don't fear for the future like I used to , maybe that's naive but I don't think hr would want to be associated with another pompy situation . Amit and tf have repeatedly stated we are without debt and are in good hands . Perhaps we as a supporter group find this hard to accept due to the awful owners we've had in the past . I think these guys are here for the long run and I'm personally buzzing about what could lie ahead for this club . If the worst happens the club will still be here but too many times In the last few years I've worried myself sick about rangers . I'm just going to enjoy being a Qpr fan again now
              Cant really argue with that.

Enjoy the rest of your saturday night

Comment

Cant really argue with that.

Enjoy the rest of your saturday night
                I'm gonna enjoy my Friday night too ;) you too Cookie Monster I'm off for a skinful with the old man to celebrate seeing the back of that odious little toad . Hopefully by the time I sober up the right man will finally be in charge of Londons finest . You rsss

Comment

Originally posted by TRING-RANGER View Post
                  i know what your saying deep but in business you have to gamble IMO thats why TF has got where he has got huhes war taking us down a cul-de-sac at least we are all buzzing again (fingers crossed)
                  It's the same gamble we made last year, (although earlier this year), and we only just made it then. This feels like doubling down, and could kill us if we don't squeak it.

The prize is richer this time, in terms of the TV deal next year, so it's a risk worth taking in the board's eyes.

If the FFP rules ever get enforced strictly we are are truly in trouble.

Comment

Saturday lol?! I take one day off work n loose touch with reality.

Maybe part of me was hoping the man u game was already over :pleasantsuprise:
                    Last edited by Cookie Monster; 23-11-2012, 09:17 PM.

Comment

Whenever someone who isn't very successful calls someone who is extremely successful a "fool" I always think that probably says more about the person making the statement than it does about the person they are trying to attack....

Comment

Originally posted by scuberry View Post
                        Is this a messageboard or a book club ? gave up after the first line,no case to answer,dismissed !!
                        That was funny.
                        QPR
                        Best team in the world
                        Sort of

Comment

It's the same gamble we made last year, (although earlier this year), and we only just made it then. This feels like doubling down, and could kill us if we don't squeak it.

The prize is richer this time, in terms of the TV deal next year, so it's a risk worth taking in the board's eyes.

If the FFP rules ever get enforced strictly we are are truly in trouble.
                          Amen to that deep , i now what your saying but weve rolled the dice ....... i feel more confident that we can hang on by our finger nails..........

Comment

Agree with all that Deepcut says except fair play stuff -doesn't that only kick in if you qualify for Europe, so hardly a pressing concern?

Re the original article, am sure Fernandes (with actual figures in front of him) has thought long and hard weighing up the odds (ie cost of relegation v cost of bringing in Harry and both set against the relative odds he gave both to keep us up).

Comment

Working...
                            X