The case against appointing Harry Redknapp as manager

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The case against appointing Harry Redknapp as manager

“A fool and his money are soon parted”, the saying goes, and rarely has it been more applicable to any individual than Tony Fernandes.

When the Malaysian businessman took over QPR in August 2011, the general consensus was that his stewardship of the club could only be an improvement on the unpopular regime of Flavio Briatore and Bernie Ecclestone.

More...
    Last edited by Stanley; 23-11-2012, 08:25 PM. Reason: no c&p of full articles please

*Puts on trusty old tin hat*

Comment

Was Harry at Southampton when they were relegated?

Comment

Sod reading all that my eyes will fall out.
        "The kids missed everything from Queens Park Rangers to Conkers".

London Pride has been handed down to us.
        London Pride is a flower that's free.
        London Pride means our own dear town to us,
        And our pride it for ever will be.

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfy View Post
          Was Harry at Southampton when they were relegated?
          Yes Munich beat them last game.
          "The kids missed everything from Queens Park Rangers to Conkers".

London Pride has been handed down to us.
          London Pride is a flower that's free.
          London Pride means our own dear town to us,
          And our pride it for ever will be.

Comment

Is this a messageboard or a book club ? gave up after the first line,no case to answer,dismissed !!

Comment

To those who are scared of the big block of words, the article is better formatted tbf

Still not a great article though.

Comment

Originally posted by loneranger View Post
                Sod reading all that my eyes will fall out.
                Originally posted by scuberry View Post
                Is this a messageboard or a book club ?!
                Sorry originally posted on my phone. Now edited for all you blind OAPs out there

Comment

Originally posted by DeepcutHoop View Post
                  To those who are scared of the big block of words, the article is better formatted tbf

Still not a great article though.
                  The points about Harry are surely had to disagree with?

Can we afford to sign more players on big contracts with such a risk of going down?

Comment

Originally posted by Cookie Monster View Post
                    The points about Harry are surely had to disagree with?

Can we afford to sign more players on big contracts with such a risk of going down?
                    Just a couple of points

1. You say get someone who is equipped to get us back up should the worst happen ? How do any of us know what Harry's contract length will be ? He might only fancy it till the end of the season ?

2. We are in a COMPLETELY different position from pompy for many reasons mainly being that there owners were bent and ours appear to be the total opposite . Tf will not leave us up **** creak I'm sure of it .

Comment

I think if you crunch the numbers (whatever they are ) you will find it will be better buisness to pay harry to keep us up then us to take the drop,

Comment

Originally posted by TRING-RANGER View Post
                        I think if you crunch the numbers (whatever they are ) you will find it will be better buisness to pay harry to keep us up then us to take the drop,
                        Spot on tring . This isn't over by a long shot , not saying Harry is the messiah but well be a lot more compitant under him . He won't roll over and take their bull**** like Hughes has

Comment

Originally posted by Greg1882 View Post
                          Just a couple of points

1. You say get someone who is equipped to get us back up should the worst happen ? How do any of us know what Harry's contract length will be ? He might only fancy it till the end of the season ?

2. We are in a COMPLETELY different position from pompy for many reasons mainly being that there owners were bent and ours appear to be the total opposite . Tf will not leave us up **** creak I'm sure of it .
                          Just to clarfify. This is written by me. It was written by Ben Kosky who was the Fulham chronicles QPR man for ages. Wrote a crackin article condeming Paladini that could well have cost him his livelyhood. A QPR man through and through.

But yeah I d agree with almost everything hes said.

To answer your points.

2) Id be shocked if he accepted a one year contract. Lets be honest hes negotiating from the position of power here. And even if he only stay for a years. That wont necessarily stop him signing more player on long big wage contracts in a last ditch attmpt to keep us up. And in my opinion that could well fail and is a big gamble with the fincial health of the club.

1)If we do go down lumbered with a massively high wagebill that is still a MASSIVE problem. It completely impares our ability to bouce back. And if we dont look like were gonna get promoted again isnt it abit niave to ASSUME that tony will hang around if hes hemorrhaging millions and millions of pounds. Im not saying he isnt being genuine and his heart isnt in the right place. But at a point his backers will say enough is enough. Lets not delude ourselves here. They bought into QPR to make money. Not for the love of the club.

It doesnt mean were guranteed to be the next portsmouth. But the point is Harry has a record of being abit reckless with money. Especially when boards give him free reign. And based on our current history our board will probably let him run wild.
                          Last edited by Cookie Monster; 23-11-2012, 08:45 PM.

Comment

You do realise we're not guaranteed to stay up under Redknapp. I'm not saying it would be more likely if we got someone else in, but this is not a straightforward "Spend now and stay up, or get relegated" unfortunately.

Comment

Indeed. But how can you be certain that he will keep us up? And what position will the club be if he doesnt keep us up?

Comment

Working...
                              X