Pre match warm up Tuesday night....anyone else notice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pre match warm up Tuesday night....anyone else notice

How pathetic we were at shooting at goal. Only Buzsaky showed any class or ability in front of goal. It does make me wonder what they do in training. The majority hit it okay, but straight at the keeper. Out of about 8 players who had on average half a dozen goes each, I think I only saw the net bulge about 6 times, and most of those were Buz.

Vine in particular suprised me. He was useless, but seemed to find it all very funny. Surely they should be using those little sessions to get their eye in not just to lark about, especially as scoring goals is the one main area of concearn that we have.

The highlight though was when one decently struck shot sailed over the bar at about 100mph and hit some big fella, who was facing completely the wrong way, square in the back. He didn't flinch......rock hard :bad_smile:
    Fags n weed, glue n speed, but I draws the line at crack !

It was pretty much the same at Exeter, in fact I think only Buz consistently beat the keeper then and it wasn't even Cerny (not wishing to be disparaging to ELvis!)
    I dont think it needs saying anymore. It's 8 feet high,8 yards wide and there's one at each end of the pitch. Now if only the frontplayers would spot this fantastic piece of engineering.....
    2011-2013, 2 seasons in the Premiership, 76 games, 14 wins........two years of my life I'll never get back!!

2013/2014 mediocrity topped off with a win at Wembley....

2014/2015 was pretty much the same as 2011-2013.....

2015/2016, average at best.....

2016/2017, same old, same old....

2017/2018, aim low, avoid disappointment!

Its the hope that kills you!

Comment

Always remembered Di Carmine smashing the net. He had some strike.
      @chrisrobson9

Comment

Originally posted by w12chris View Post
        If only he put them away when it mattered :( From pre-match warm up his finish was very good.

Comment

Pre match warm ups infront of goal should predominately be used to warm the keeper up. Hitting balls at him and saveable shots to either side of him to get him moving. Hitting pearlers into the corners every time doesn't help the goal keeper.

Comment

Originally posted by w12chris View Post
            Always used to like watching SDC in warmups, no-one else had his shooting power. that's what won us the game against brum, the power, not the shot placement.

Comment

Originally posted by Paladinooo View Post
              Pre match warm ups infront of goal should predominately be used to warm the keeper up. Hitting balls at him and saveable shots to either side of him to get him moving. Hitting pearlers into the corners every time doesn't help the goal keeper.
              It was reserve in goal. Cerny was in the main goal having crossing/catching practice, so I would imagine the idea was to try and beat the keeper from 10 yards, which makes it all the worse.
              Fags n weed, glue n speed, but I draws the line at crack !

Comment

Originally posted by dtig View Post
                It was reserve in goal. Cerny was in the main goal having crossing/catching practice, so I would imagine the idea was to try and beat the keeper from 10 yards, which makes it all the worse.
                Oh right, sorry didn't realise it was a reserve in goal. You're right then, our strikers are gash.

I blame Paladini.

Comment

Originally posted by Cait. View Post
                  If only he put them away when it mattered :( From pre-match warm up his finish was very good.
                  well he got us 3 points against birmingham

Comment

Working...
                  X