No announcement yet.

Now you see...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

as my Mum used to say "but cheap, you buy twice". Now how true is that of our board over the past couple of years. How many have we bought, paid their salaries and then off-loaded 'cos they were not good enough. Spend good money, once, and lets get proven players for key positions. (Striker for me!)
    Remember Gillard!!

Comment

Originally posted by abbeylands View Post
      as my Mum used to say "but cheap, you buy twice". Now how true is that of our board over the past couple of years. How many have we bought, paid their salaries and then off-loaded 'cos they were not good enough. Spend good money, once, and lets get proven players for key positions. (Striker for me!)
      tis very true

but as we all know, 2 agents fee's are better then 1

Comment

Originally posted by pkloft View Post
        let hope he gets a hat-trick as i can't see Forest getting 3 which should mean 3 points, which is more important then "I told you so" well it is more important to some of us

notice you didn't quote on the rest of the post, nothing to say

OH & while we're at it, have you found where I've said Tarrabt is useless :bad_egg:

i'll take that as a NO then

i've seen more balls on a female ant ;D;D;D

Comment

so why all of a sudden have we been quoted as offering £2.8M for Beckford:waaaht:

as far as i know only Chopra & Ched have been sold for more!!

is it because we are so desperate now, was the "advice" given to Flav wrong, seems pretty clear cut to me, GP was hoping Taarabt was going to be the answer to all our goalscoring troubles and so far he hasn't flourished (well not in the goalscoring department) has GP gone to Flav tail between his legs & said "sorry boss i was wrong" Again!

this would & should have all been done & dusted in the summer as we've known for not the 3 GAMES that certain people keep harping on about but around 50 GAMES that our forwards just don't cut the mustard

but because we are so desperate now, we are being quoted stupid prices

(which any club would do, considering our position)

but still people harp on about how difficult it is to sign players, unbelievable

:amazing:

MYU your thread but you decide not to reply to my post, any particular reason for it or are you just taking a leaf out of your mentor. or is it that you just haven't got an answer

just curious like as it seems to be a trend with the "crazy gang" when you now shall we say "shown up" the "crazy gang" ignore the posts , now i thought MB's were here for "debating" but maybe not, especially when there's not an answer, hey

Comment

If it's so difficult to buy a goalscorer why sell our best one?

Comment

Simon Cox went for 1.5 mil to WBA if we are not even prepared to spend that much we may as well forget getting anyone in! Strikers cost money full stop it doesn't matter what club you are.
              There is no excuse we have had months to get a striker in and we haven't done it! This season Adebola, McGoldrick, Evans, Lita, Haynes, Lambert, Cox all could have been bought, last season we could have bought Phillips all those players went cheaply. Beckford is seemingly massively overpriced by Leeds and it's fair enough the board don't cough up for him but what about Hopper at S****horpe, the other guy at Gillingham, Earnshaw? Ellington? Tudgay? Fryatt? Harewood? Nugent? Iwelumo? even Bent is probably better than what we have at the moment, even Webber from Sheff Utd is probably better, but we have left it late we have ****ed about and now with 10 days or so to go we have no1 and I suspect if anyone is brought in it will be freebies or loans.

Comment

MYU your thread but you decide not to reply to my post, any particular reason for it or are you just taking a leaf out of your mentor. or is it that you just haven't got an answer

just curious like as it seems to be a trend with the "crazy gang" when you now shall we say "shown up" the "crazy gang" ignore the posts , now i thought MB's were here for "debating" but maybe not, especially when there's not an answer, hey
                PK, you of all people

Sorry I don't spend as much time on here now as I am doing other things now, I also forget where I posted and then find posts by chance as this one, my minds else where right now.

None of us know what is going on behind closed doors, what GP, Jim & Flavio are saying we have no idea.

Maybe they did think Taarabt was the answer, I don't know?

It's only been 3 games in and we have hit the woodwork many more times then we have scored, I feel this will change and we are doing much better than last season. What I mean by this is that we are starting to create chances, hitting the woodwork is not good but at least we are getting closer, last year we couldn't even do that.

As I said if the team try and lose I will remain happy because I know things will change, what I don't like is not trying to win games and leaving games unhappy like last year.

In regards to a striker, Jim will have players in mind but not many about now as some have been sold. The board will learn from mistakes and hope this is another one but at least they are trying to put things right and looking, what more can we ask for?

Who they have in mind today I have no idea but just hope we don't buy someone for the sake of it, I'd rather loan a striker in for the season if that was the case but one who we know can do the job.

I seem to remember that it was us fans that wanted Taarabt back at QPR and not to sure what the deal is with Spurs and Taarabt.

There will still be many more mistakes on the way but hope the board learn as they go along.

The main thing is that we look like a team that can finish well in the top 6 from what I've seen so far this season.

Where have you been all this time, I don't see posts from you as often now on here?

Comment

Working...
                X