Now you see...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Now you see...

just how hard it is to get a new striker in, clubs expect QPR to pay silly money for their players.

Should have sold Dexter for more but there you go.

How many other good strikers left who we haven't gone in for?

Bet you any money the names that pop up, we've been in for already and we've been turned down.

MYU, you keep missing the point, don't you? Its not a question of how difficult it might be, its a question of whether you succeed. And so far our team of people trying to buy us a player who might possibly know how to score a goal has failed. Its not our job to constantly suggest names - they are supposedly the brains of the operation. They have messed up trying to sign eveyone else - who else are they failing to buy next?

Comment

we have played that waiting game again,and look where it has got us,again,we never learn.we will end up with someone ****e,i gaurantee it,certainly no one like Beckford anyway.

Comment

I think it would be a safe guess that we have gone in offering silly money. I said it on another thread we soon be hearing this excuse coming out. Well done for proving me right so soon. Very very poor. A player is worth what others will pay for him. If we have lost out on deals its because we haven't made serious offers. Look at the players we're getting. Lets stop p*sssing around using up the money on multiple loan deals and second rate players who are nothing more than backup squad players and invest in quality that will improve upon what we already have. It's not rocket science ffs. We're supposed to have intelligent successful men at the helm, yet they are showing utter incompotence in the way they have gone about things. When we had no money we had a good excuse for missing out on players. We have no excuse now. Frankly, it's f**king embarrassing.

Comment

The point I'm trying to make is that it's not that easy, QPR offer players a good contract now, if players wish not to sign or if they want to go else where, what can the board do?

Most players don't wish to drop down to the Chamionship no matter what you offer them.

At least the board are trying which our fans were saying they were not.

We need to find someone quick as time is running out, I'd rather get a player on loan for the season or get webber on a years contract if his free.

Comment

How is it so hard, others manage it quite easily, if we are going for these players and dont get them then it means someone else bidded better/persuaded better. Now no club is gonna say I will sell to QPR for 4 mil coz they rich or cut off my nose to spite my face and sell elsewhere for 1 mil, so the question is what are we doing wrong and who is getting it wrong..not hard that, simple busness..so no excuses coz thats bull!

Comment

Originally posted by MYU View Post
              The point I'm trying to make is that it's not that easy, QPR offer players a good contract now, if players wish not to sign or if they want to go else where, what can the board do?

Most players don't wish to drop down to the Chamionship no matter what you offer them.

We need to find someone quick as time is running out, I'd rather get a play on loan for the season or get webber on a years contract if his free.
              I'm sure it isn't. But we seem to be making it more difficult than it should be.

Comment

But MYU, you are ignoring that all our rivals are somehow overcoming - apparently insuperable - opposition to sign decent strikers: Evans, Lita, Morrison, etc etc. Why can't we? It is not an answer to say "well we are trying but these v nasty men just don't like us." clearly we are not offering what they want - be it enough wages, a compelling story about where the club is going, or whatever...

I'm not a moaner - if the owners are happy with us being a better than average championship club, then fine; but don't talk so big and sack a manager every two minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by MYU View Post

We need to find someone quick as time is running out, I'd rather get a player on loan for the season or get webber on a years contract if his free.
                  Am also puzzled why you wd want Webber, other than out of desperation. He patently isn't good enough to get a team up, so if we won't spend the money on a proper striker who might get us promotion, why waste more money as I suspect we have enough talent to avoid us going down.

Comment

Bristol City just got a player in from rangers, he is now out for the season. No guarantees whatever you do. Still, cannot make judgements after 3 games in rlealtion to tarrabt. I just hope he keeps scoring. At the moment, I'm losing the argument big time, but I bet thats not the case after 10 games (barring injury of course)
                    ALL BEST BANTER AND ALL THE LATEST FROM QPR.
                    THE WEST LONDON 90 MINUTE FOOTBALL SHOW EVERY MONDAY FROM 9.30PM http://mixlr.com/the90mfs/

Comment

Pete, with the exception of a few people on here who have their own issues no one wants to see you proved wrong, as it means our team will have lost -but even you have conceded that we lack firepower and by extension, that was a serious misjudgement by hte management pre-season. Rather than just waiting for miracles I humbly suggest you should be using whatever minor influence you might have with the board to re-iterate that the fan base is totally disillusioned by the club's failure to address the blidingly obvious flaws in the squad, which I won't insult your intelligence by spelling out for the thousandth time...

Comment

Originally posted by qblockpete View Post
                        Bristol City just got a player in from rangers, he is now out for the season. No guarantees whatever you do. Still, cannot make judgements after 3 games in rlealtion to tarrabt. I just hope he keeps scoring. At the moment, I'm losing the argument big time, but I bet thats not the case after 10 games (barring injury of course)
                        ??? Have we missed something here.

Comment

Originally posted by qblockpete View Post
                          Pete point his he aint scoring and he looks useless when played up front

his shot is woeful no matter where he shoots from

he is also too greedy and doesnt feed others when in better postions than himself

he aint the answer to our prayers

Comment

In any case I'm struggling with your point - the fact that a striker who might be half decent is signed but then gets injured only proves that you have strength in depth, rather than the mediocrity in depth we have up front (tho curiously not in other positions).

Comment

Originally posted by Wembley Ranger View Post
                              Pete point his he aint scoring and he looks useless when played up front

his shot is woeful no matter where he shoots from

he is also too greedy and doesnt feed others when in better postions than himself

he aint the answer to our prayers
                              Who?

Comment

Working...
                              X