Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• who are your five greatest qpr managers of all time

number one for me is the amazing venables

in his first season he pontificated around with the juniors and knowbody really knew what was comming in the next three season

but the side he built was full of exuberant goalscorers and qpr for the first time in there history got to the fa cup final getting beaten by tottenham,the next season he took the title then he got us to fifth in the prem and we stayed in that division for the next thirteen seasons,the football was so exiting lots of goals

second best was gerry francis again he took us to fifth in the prem

third was jim smith who took us to a league cup final

fourth was alec stock and fifth was bneil warnock whats your thoughts lads do you think my choice is correct or would you put sexton into the top five
    Click here to view my blog.

More...

I'd have to include Dave Sexton in any such list.
    Supporting QPR isn't just about a football team. It's about roots and identity.

Comment

1 Dave Sexton
      2 Alec Stock
      3 Neil Warnock
      4 Terry Venables
      5 Gerry Francis

Comment

First, Dave Sexton by a country mile

Then, in order, Gordon Jago, Terry Venables, Don Howe, and Ollie

Comment

yes

yes ollie is a good shout,but ive never been a sexton man his inabillity in the transfer market got us relegated where as venables built a side that held for 13 seasons

More...

Comment

Originally posted by qprted View Post
            ive never been a sexton man
            I guess the greatest season in the club's history (75/76) completely passed you by Ted :drunk:

1. Dave Sexton
            2. Gordon Jago (for building the nucleus of Sexton's side)
            3. Alec Stock (for first putting QPR on the map)
            4. Terry Venables
            5= Gerry Francis & Neil Warnock

Comment

1 Dave Sexton
              2 Terry Venables
              3 Gerry Francis
              4 Jim Smith
              5 Neil Warnock

Comment

no

no no no stanley i went to every home game that season and drove to norwich,but the reality was that sexton took over a side that had been built by jago he also took over dochertys side at chelsea and at man utd and even when interveiwed sexton has said that we was more of a coach than a manager,compared to venables who almost bought gary linacre for 400 000 the great venables had one of the shewdest eyes in football only bill shankley could buy such young brilliant players,for such low money he turned john gregory into a full england international he turned terry fenwick into a full england international at a time when people say that qpr have never created good youngsters venables brought in youngstyers hucker neil dawes and macdonald plus ian stewert dont forget stanley that in his first season he used to play leap frog with the youngsters

More...

Comment

Many of the pld QPR folks have Alex Stock as the best QPR manager in history.

My choice would be these five; Stock,Sexton, Francis, Smith and Warnock. My guess is that Hughes will be included in this list if he gets the time and support to turn it around.
                  QPR
                  Best team in the world
                  Sort of

Comment

Allan Mullery,only he could look like an estate agent,car dealer and carry it off as a footy manager.plus he did have his car torched at ours
                    Chelmsford City the home of Radio

Comment

no no no stanley i went to every home game that season and drove to norwich,but the reality was that sexton took over a side that had been built by jago he also took over dochertys side at chelsea and at man utd and even when interveiwed sexton has said that we was more of a coach than a manager,compared to venables who almost bought gary linacre for 400 000 the great venables had one of the shewdest eyes in football only bill shankley could buy such young brilliant players,for such low money he turned john gregory into a full england international he turned terry fenwick into a full england international at a time when people say that qpr have never created good youngsters venables brought in youngstyers hucker neil dawes and macdonald plus ian stewert dont forget stanley that in his first season he used to play leap frog with the youngsters
                      I too went to every home game that magical season Ted. Jago built the nucleus of the side but did he actually carry out what Dave Sexton did? And Sexton signed Don Masson dont forget. What you say is all very fine and wonderful, but which manager presided over our greatest ever team, playing our greatest ever football, finished in our highest ever league position and produced 5 full England internationals that season, including the England captain? And yet you dont even put him in your top 5? And you seriously place Jim Smith and Warnock above him?

Comment

so did I mate, never saw you!!!!......

Comment

Never mind all time. Who are the greatest five managers we've had in one season!!!

Comment

Much harder being worse 5 managers in our history!! Mmm. 1. Stewart Housten 2. Vinnie Jones. 3. Steve Burtenshaw 4. Allan Mullery . 5 John. Hollins ( just for his nonsense comments about the faulin affair)

Comment

Paul hart
                              Mick harford
                              Gary waddock
                              Ray harford
                              Vinny Jones
                              Kin hell we've been through it

Warnock
                              Holloway
                              Venables
                              Sexton
                              Ainsworth