Zamora........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zamora........

Just wondering is B.Z fully fit.With Huth and Shawcross playing CB for stoke,i think Bobby needs to play for us to get anything outa this game,as he can hold up the ball and win 50% of headers where i think Cisse would struggle,And who do ye think will play on the rightwing for us, as with Marc wilson not playing LB for stoke i think we can have some joy down the right.id love to see Hoilett.

Any thoughts...........

Originally posted by Deise hoop View Post
    Just wondering is B.Z fully fit.With Huth and Shawcross playing CB for stoke,i think Bobby needs to play for us to get anything outa this game,as he can hold up the ball and win 50% of headers where i think Cisse would struggle,And who do ye think will play on the rightwing for us, as with Marc wilson not playing LB for stoke i think we can have some joy down the right.id love to see Hoilett.

Any thoughts...........
    Yes to B Z, Mackle on the right
    This game will need grafters it wont be free flowing football, I would be absolutiey delighted to get anything even if watching paint dry is more excting

Comment

BZ is not fit and hasn't been all season. Whilst I have no proof, I know he is playing with pain killing injections before every match and is not able to play at full pelt for 90 minutes.
      #standuptocancer
      #inyourfacecancer

Comment

Originally posted by Bluehoop View Post
        BZ is not fit and hasn't been all season. Whilst I have no proof, I know he is playing with pain killing injections before every match and is not able to play at full pelt for 90 minutes.
        Fully fit or not still a better option

Comment

Originally posted by Deise hoop View Post

Any thoughts...........
          See this is the myth about Zamora... many fans just say he holds the play up well and wins headers becasue he is a big lump.... In reality he wins very few headers against average CB's, mainly becasue he normally doesn't bother to even jump. He seems to be more bothered about seeing where the defender is and being planted to the ground and get in between them and the path of the ball. The trouble is if the balls high, they jump when he doesn't and either win the header, or the FK as they would by default go over the top of him and the ref sees it as he's fouled them, even when he hasn't.

Against Huth and Shawcross i don't think he'll win anything same as when he played against Everton and Jagielka and Distan totally dominated every high ball, and Reading CB's after he came on..... He is not good in the air..... final proof being the completely free header he had against West Ham when SWP (yes he who apparently never gets a good cross in according to many) whipped in a perfect cross to Zamora totally unmarked with a free header 6 yards out and he headed it about 7 yards over the bar!! Woeful.

To say he's good in the air is like saying Clint Hill has great pace... it just isnt true. I've probably seen Cisse and Mackie win more headers and flicks when played up top because they actually run and jump into headers and not stay planted to the ground.

Comment

Hutch would dominate Zamora so why play long when we won't win them? No to Zamora that is his only use to win the balls which he won't. Play cisse with pace as Hugh shawcross are slow compared to him .

Comment

Bit of a worn cliche this hold the ball up stuff. All pro players should be able to do it and do it well, particularly forwards. The skill would've been coached from early in a player's career as part of their technical training and will be ongoing. I'd be amazed if Cisse can't do it.
              Supporting QPR isn't just about a football team. It's about roots and identity.

Comment

Originally posted by QprSinceBirth View Post
                Hutch would dominate Zamora so why play long when we won't win them? No to Zamora that is his only use to win the balls which he won't. Play cisse with pace as Hugh shawcross are slow compared to him .
                Exactly. If we play Zamora with a game plan of high balls into him we just play to their strengths, especially as they often play 4 natural CB's across the back line.

However, we don't tend to play that way anyway, instead prefering intricate short passing game between the midfield and attack, which leads to furthe confusion as to Zamora's inclusion most games as that's not his strength.

We should play Cisse who was a different player after he got his goal, and will progress from here i'm sure, Hoilett and Taraabt as pace will worry them big time.... I think he may also play SWP and he could certainly stretch them also.

What it will also do is make their defence drop deeper as they won't want to be caught out with the ball behind for our pacy players to run onto, meaning it will create more space for Granero, Taarabt, Diakite etc to do their stuff in the midfield and hopefully dominate the crucial area of the pitch.

Comment

Stick SWP up top as a lone target man, that should do it.

Comment

Originally posted by Pal View Post
                    Stick SWP up top as a lone target man, that should do it.

I guarantee now he'd win the same amount of headers against Shawcross and Huth as Zamora would....... none.

Comment

Imo it's more about character than anything else when playing against Stoke a side that plays to the edge of the rules with more intent to stop the oppersition from playing ,I see BZ as a better proposition to cope with that type of situation , for what it's worth I could'nt see Cisse lasting 90+ mins without getting a red card

Comment

Zamora is not very good in the air and it is probably better to play without him.

I would rather go for a 4-3-3 with Faurlin reclled to the midfield and Taarabt and Hoilett supporting Cisse. Use Zamora if needed as a sub and Mackie as an impact sub for the last 20 mins.

Comment

Zamora FFS.

Unwilling to put in a shift consistently, lost any pace he had, often appears disinterested. All of which was apparent before the genius at the helm snapped him up.

We all know Hughes only understands 4-4-2 and 4-5-1, that's why he always gets found. Its a shame because we have the players to put out a decent 4-2-3-1.
                          Last edited by hal9thou; 09-11-2012, 04:11 PM.

Comment

Working...
                          X