Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do they play it?

TF has clearly put his lot behind MH.

He is also businessman in the Richard Branson mould oozing self confidence and a sense of fairness, the little businessman standing out like a beacon against the monopoly practices of big global businesses.

I know Richard Branson business interests have grown into a massive enterprise but he does sell himself as the little guy and TF has a similar approach.

The industry TF is in is all about confidence but if we go down he will be associated with loss and failure even panic, everything his image doesn't want. Also going down with MH associates him with bad judgment which isn't a good quality to have in business dealings.

If he sacks MH within the next three games, and we go on to survive he will be seen as someone who can deal with a crisis but if we sack and still go down he will be seen as both disloyal and poor judgment.

What I'm trying to put across (poorly i accept but ive just got up) is that unlike most clubs whose boards and their business dealings are closed and unknown, we have a chairman who wears his business dealings on his sleeve and being associated with failure will hit him harder IMHO than says other boards as his reputation in the business he deals with and who he is, is more important and high profile than others.

So if we are worried about how we pick ourselves up if relegation occurs, our tony will be hurting as much and reputationally and commercially a lot more.

How can we help our Tone in getting himself out of the predicament we got ourselves in.

My own view, I am the least ITK person on this board and it's all conjecture is that Arry is waiting in the wings, he's too quiet IMHO and hasn't taken other jobs unless he's waiting for our next home game and will join whoever loses.

As a fanbase we need to get behind our Tone he hasn't done anything that to be honest any of us wouldn't have done if we had money apart from sanctioning the purchase of a few sick notes but in the greater scheme of the rubbish owners we've had that is a minor hiccup compared to what we are use to.

To summarise, we the fanbase need to support the board but this is a difficult time for both the board and fanbase, does anyone have thoughts as to how Tony should deal with the situation without adversely effecting his own position too much. So if you were tony what would you do?
    Last edited by TBLOCKRANGER; 09-11-2012, 07:58 AM.

Good post, and in answer to your last question, if I was Tony I would be pro active in getting myself down to the training ground to find out exactly what is happening. I don't know if he already does that or not but he does seem to like getting involved with his businesses, you only have to look at Caterham and Air Asia to see that.
    Hopefully being there as a fan he can have a word (without telling the coaches or MH what to do exactly if you get what i'm saying) as he sees the games like us (rather than from the dugout) and surely even he sees where we are lacking at the mo.
    Queens Park Rangers
    NPower Champions 2010/2011

PREMIER LEAGUE 2011 - ETERNITY (Oh well got that wrong, we'll be back though)

Comment

He said in his recent interview on SSN he's been going to the training ground.

He has a tough call to make about sticking with Hughes if results continue in the same way. He'll obviously be talking to the other shareholders and getting advice about points targets etc. but also looking at Plan B and another manager. Some may recall interviews with TF and Phil Beard when they have pointed out Hughes has been given good support by the board and it is now up to him to produce success. Those interviews struck me as a coming with a bit of a warning that failure wouldn't be tolerated.

Even if TF continues to believe Hughes is the right man, he'll come under intense pressure from fans and media, not to mention perhaps other board members, to make the change.
      Supporting QPR isn't just about a football team. It's about roots and identity.

Comment

Great respect for Tony and you only have to look how he exploded on the stands after we equalized against Reading to see his love for QPR.

On a business level he would expect to get some return from the invested money and certainly not be in the position we are in now.
        If a manager of any company who asked for a budget around 6 times more then last year and performing even worse everyone knows this manager will be sacked, no brainer.
        From Holland with love

Comment

Originally posted by Pey View Post
          Great respect for Tony and you only have to look how he exploded on the stands after we equalized against Reading to see his love for QPR.

On a business level he would expect to get some return from the invested money and certainly not be in the position we are in now.
          If a manager of any company who asked for a budget around 6 times more then last year and performing even worse everyone knows this manager will be sacked, no brainer.
          I'm not sure it's a no brainer.

Flavio could sack at will because he knew he was a **** and his business dealings reflected this. Tony even though a succesful businessman has built his success like Branson on being a people person, just sacking isn't his style unless as mentioned by Richard he has a plan B and may be pushed into using it. Also as 80 s said before he makes any drastic changes he's going to get down to the training ground and make sure his message is clear before he does anything.

Pressure is building and it will be interesting to see what is Tonys next move.
          Last edited by TBLOCKRANGER; 09-11-2012, 09:10 AM.

Comment

The more and more I think of it, the bigger the dilemma our Tony has.

Getting rid of NW was easy as everyone in the game plus outside knew that replacing him with MH was a sign of moving the club forward. MH sold himself on being premiership professional and having a team in place to make what was fundamentally a championship set up into a premiership set up. NW the old style one man band with a couple of helpers if required was never going to compete.

How does Tony sell it if he sacks MH, even Arry would be a hard one to sell the vision TF wants to show. Arry is a one man band type of chap who leaves little foundations at the clubs he's at, he's a quick turnaround and off type off geezer, not the stability TF foresees and MH potentially could have provided.

A lesser name manager to MH however will be seen as a step back.

The vision of building solid foudations and moving upwards is now at a cross roads, what does our Tony do?

Comment

Looks like Marks here till season end then, good angle Tblock

Comment

Originally posted by QPR Richard View Post
                He said in his recent interview on SSN he's been going to the training ground.

He has a tough call to make about sticking with Hughes if results continue in the same way. He'll obviously be talking to the other shareholders and getting advice about points targets etc. but also looking at Plan B and another manager. Some may recall interviews with TF and Phil Beard when they have pointed out Hughes has been given good support by the board and it is now up to him to produce success. Those interviews struck me as a coming with a bit of a warning that failure wouldn't be tolerated.

Even if TF continues to believe Hughes is the right man, he'll come under intense pressure from fans and media, not to mention perhaps other board members, to make the change.
                Whats he know about football management? (Probably more than Sparky the ####)

Comment

Working...
                X