Am I Missing Somethig...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
    It is mate yes when it comes to our position - we're slowly sailing up $hit street and desperatley need to turn it around it, as discussed many times over in recent weeks, I think he has a few games left to make or break us.

I only started this thread as a topic of debate as I read so many comments reffering to his "Poor track record" and I was abit bemused as to how they came to that conclusion tbh.
    Matty, this is not a personal dig in any way, so pease don't take it as that.

You say he has a few games left to make or break us, but elsewhere you've suggested that those who want Hughes out are donuts. Everyone wants what's best for the club and some, turning into many, think that a change of manager would be the best thing.

Those who want Hughes gone might be seen as being too nervous after just ten games in his season, but his overall record with the club has to be considered, and it's not good. Yes, he may have done a good job at other clubs, but the matter is totally irrelevant to the here and now.

I understand the point of your thread, but as you can see, his previous record isn't being matched at QPR. Despite his appalling record at the club there are some who believe he should be given the whole season and I've even read he should be given the opportunity to bring us back up should we get relegated. Can't see many going for that one.

If we get stuffed this weekend, will you and others stick firm to your beliefs that Hughes is still the right man, and those who think he should be sacked you will still view as donuts?
    Supporting QPR isn't just about a football team. It's about roots and identity.

Comment

I actually think that most people are in agreement on this subject in that if the results do not improve, changes need to be made. However the problem is what can be done. Finding another manager won't be easy and won't necessarily improve results. I am glad that I do not have to make this decision.

Comment

Originally posted by QPR Richard View Post
        Matty, this is not a personal dig in any way, so pease don't take it as that.

You say he has a few games left to make or break us, but elsewhere you've suggested that those who want Hughes out are donuts. Everyone wants what's best for the club and some, turning into many, think that a change of manager would be the best thing.

Those who want Hughes gone might be seen as being too nervous after just ten games in his season, but his overall record with the club has to be considered, and it's not good. Yes, he may have done a good job at other clubs, but the matter is totally irrelevant to the here and now.

I understand the point of your thread, but as you can see, his previous record isn't being matched at QPR. Despite his appalling record at the club there are some who believe he should be given the whole season and I've even read he should be given the opportunity to bring us back up should we get relegated. Can't see many going for that one.

If we get stuffed this weekend, will you and others stick firm to your beliefs that Hughes is still the right man, and those who think he should be sacked you will still view as donuts?
        Again Richard, I have never referred to anybody as a "Donut" for wanting Hughes out - I can see why people would, the table doesnt make pretty reading for us. I referred to people wanting to go and protest at the training ground as "donuts" - a statement I stand by.

In a nutshell my view on Hughes and the whole stay / go scenario is this:

I am massively underwhelmed with how we have started, as I think all fans are. I expected us to have at least 12 points on the board by now tbh. I had made excuses / kidded myself for various reasons that we had some right bad luck up until the Reading game (injuries, silly red cards, tough run in etc) - but the Reading game was, IMO, the first game we had no excuses and we had to win. We didnt. Hense a few posts by myself beginning to doubt whether Hughes is the right man for the job.
        However, I still feel he can turn it around, the players seem to back him to the hilt (yes, I know the more cynical people will say "theyre hardly going to #### him off" but my view is they just wouldnt so anything if they didnt back him, the fact they come out and publicly back him speaks volumes IMO) which was my main concern after the Reading game, that the players had lost belief in him.
        I am a big fan of stability and think we really do need it at our club and think chopping him now would be a wrong move, would just mean a new gaffer (I cant even think of a worthwhile replacement tbh?) that would have his own mini-overhaul or players in January, and we're back to square 1 again with no guarenantee anything would improve at all. However, I am not of the view that we cant get rid of him at all - hense my comment regards a few games to make or break him. I think the full time whistle at the Villa game will be the moment he stays or goes - IMO, we need 6 points between now & then, absolute minimum.
        If we lose to Stoke, I wont be calling for Hughes head - however, anything less than a win vs Southampton and i may well be jumping on the Hughes out bandwagon - as that would be taking us to nearly December still being cast adrift at the bottom.
        As it is, we are still within touching distance of safety - albeit getting those wins thats the problem I know, but our views can soon change - if we beat Stoke, Soton & Villa all of a sudden the players confidence is up & the league looksa whole lot better. These 3 wins arent out of our reach at all, hense why Im not calling for him out yet. I am backing Hughes to turn it around, and will be right up until kick off at the Southampton game, regardless, only after this game will my view maybe change. We need to be leaving the field after the Villa game with an absolute minimum of 11 or 12 points on the board to stand a chance IMO.
        Last edited by MattyRangers; 09-11-2012, 09:51 AM.
        You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

@Matty

Your post of 6/11 at 0845 am:

Tbh mate half the donuts we have calling for Hughes head dont even go to the games anyway!
          Supporting QPR isn't just about a football team. It's about roots and identity.

Comment

Originally posted by QPR Richard View Post
            @Matty

Your post of 6/11 at 0845 am:

Tbh mate half the donuts we have calling for Hughes head dont even go to the games anyway!

@Richard. Same thread, my post 6:24pm:

No Richard. You very cleverly try and word your posts as to suit your argument don't you. I didn't call anybody a donut for, as you say: "thinking it's in our best interests to change a manager who has an awful record at the club." did I? No I didn't. I referred to the "donuts" on this thread and this thread only, because the idea of a protest is a load of $hit IMHO and was thus referring to any fans that want to go and protest against Hughes at the training ground as donuts, a statement I stand by. Would have far more negative impact than positive - would have the media sniffing around and reporting it on SSN about how the fans are rebelling against the manager etc etc etc and that isnt going to help our club at all is it, especially as the owner himself has stated on numerous occasions Hughes isn't going to be sacked anytime soon.

Now can you stop trying to points score please, getting abit tiring to be honest.
            You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Yes, you're missing something
              http://twitter.com/#!/superhoops10

Comment

Scolari lead Brazil to World Cup glory but he also only managed Chelscum for 7 months before being sacked. Harry Redknapp lead Portsmouth to FA Cup glory and also helped Tottenham get into the Champions League. However, he also took Southampton down. My point is that it doesn't always matter what a manager has done with other clubs, sometimes its just not the right fit. Hughes and QPR are not the right fit

Comment

Working...
                X