No announcement yet.

Am I Missing Somethig...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Matty one problem is that even successful Hughes teams play boring football, and the tactics which served him up to a point with Blackburn are simply not working anymore. The formations he favours (all two them) don't work that well in the EPL these days (unless you have outstanding players and even then you can struggle). He simply doesn't get 4-2-3-1 etc otherwise we'd give it a go, could work really well for us. Mind you, we'd still be stuck with defensive problems that Hughes is responsible for. Fulham fans still think their 8th under MH was divine intervention.... I'd honestly have preferred Ollie, goals all over the shop, we'll score one more than you attitude but above all a bit of a laugh. If that failed, I'd prefer to be with Ollie in the championship than Hughes in the EPL. Olly wouldn 't have been my first choice btw, but he would definitely have come in front of Hughes.

I'm still 5/2 against us staying up with Sparky if anyone fancies a bite ;)

Comment

Originally posted by hal9thou;963995[B
      ]Matty one problem is that even successful Hughes teams play boring football[/B], and the tactics which served him up to a point with Blackburn are simply not working anymore. The formations he favours (all two them) don't work that well in the EPL these days (unless you have outstanding players and even then you can struggle). He simply doesn't get 4-2-3-1 etc otherwise we'd give it a go, could work really well for us. Mind you, we'd still be stuck with defensive problems that Hughes is responsible for. Fulham fans still think their 8th under MH was divine intervention.... I'd honestly have preferred Ollie, goals all over the shop, we'll score one more than you attitude but above all a bit of a laugh. If that failed, I'd prefer to be with Ollie in the championship than Hughes in the EPL. Olly wouldn 't have been my first choice btw, but he would definitely have come in front of Hughes.

I'm still 5/2 against us staying up with Sparky if anyone fancies a bite ;)

Did we play boring fotball when AJ and Fabio were in the team??? OH,DEAR!!
      Last edited by Shania; 08-11-2012, 04:17 PM.
      QPR
      Best team in the world
      Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
        Again as has been said in here before, Matty was talking about his previous record...... which has been brought up on here by his detractors, and from what I can see all Matty is saying is he doesn't think his previous record is as bad as some make out.
        Matty is right about that, I also thought his CV was good before he came.

He has to win the next game for sure.

Comment

Yes people I do realise that the past has no bearing on the present, hense my comment "So, how he is doing here totally to one side for a minute (we have 50 other threads for that topic)" - we have all discussed Hughes record at us 50 times over on here so wasnt getting at that at all. My thread (albeit abit pointless in hindsight), was simply referring to his record pre-us & the fact many posters keep referring to his record as being terrible when, IMO, its far from it - as my OP summarises (pretty poorly, mind ), he has been pretty sucessful in turning clubs around in his past.

I didnt watch Blackburn or Foolham when he was in charge so am in no position to comment on the attractiveness of the football his teams played whilst there, but those picking up on that as an arguement against his good records there; surely thats abit of double standards on your part as you lot keep saying its a results business and its no good us playing pretty football when we arent getting results?
          You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

I am also suprised nobody has replied with a comment such as:

Yes, you are missing something Matty you fat $hit.... The "n" in "something" in your thread title!

Comment

Originally posted by W12hoops View Post
              Agreeing with you matty, both his managerial and playing CV is great. But wheter people are right or not is kinda irrelevant at the moment isn't it?
              It is mate yes when it comes to our position - we're slowly sailing up $hit street and desperatley need to turn it around it, as discussed many times over in recent weeks, I think he has a few games left to make or break us.

I only started this thread as a topic of debate as I read so many comments reffering to his "Poor track record" and I was abit bemused as to how they came to that conclusion tbh.

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post

Yes, you are missing something Matty you fat $hit.... The "n" in "something" in your thread title!

Was going to, but thought you had a cold and a bunged up nose! Thought best to leave it!

Comment

You're missing an 'n'

Comment

I didn't like to say anything in case it was a speech impedelment!!!!!:strive:

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
                      I didn't like to say anything in case it was a speech impedelment!!!!!:strive:
                      Wise move. Never nishe to take the pish outta somebody with a lishp ... :sorry:

Comment

Wise move. Never nishe to take the pish outta somebody with a lishp ... :sorry:
                        ......didnt know you did Sean Connery impressions! Very Good!

Comment

Originally posted by Shania View Post
                          Oh yes we were boring 1st half Swansea got stuffed tho
                          boring aginst Chelsea
                          boring against Spurs
                          boring against Everton
                          boring against Man city
                          quite good at WBA
                          Where we actually were boring was at Norwich and got a point
                          In my book makes him better than 60/40 with us ,maybe we're not boring enough of the time

Comment

Originally posted by irememberlesley View Post
                            You're missing an 'n'

Comment

Originally posted by Shania View Post
                              I said " successful Hughes teams" ...... I was talking about Hughes pre QPR record (I mentioned Blackburn) - the reason being that Hughes defenders constantly cite his record.

Comment

Good point Matty. His history at other clubs certainly speaks to his ability as a manager and that speaks to the likelihood that he will turn things around for us.

I'm quite convinced that if he leaves us he will go somewhere else and be successful. But I'm losing my nerve in thinking he can keep us up. Continuous zero and one pointers will tend to do that!
                                'Only a Ranger!' cried Gandalf. 'My dear Frodo, that is just what the Rangers are: the last remnant in the South of the great people, the Men of West London.' - Lord of the Rings, Book II, Chapter I - Many Meetings.

Comment

Working...
                                X