The Beckford deal - Yes/No?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MorrisQPR View Post
    We need a striker (Beckford) more than we need a CB (Gorkss)
    Yes we go and sell one of our best CB and bring in a player who isn't even proven in this league YAY :what:

Comment

Originally posted by Cait. View Post
      Yes we go and sell one of our best CB and bring in a player who isn't even proven in this league YAY :what:
      We sold our best striker and you were quite happy about that.

Comment

No he isnt proven, but you gotta have faith he would do well!! Its not like were buying Leroy griffths!
        Cant believe it, ive been PWOPER MUGGED ORF...

Comment

Originally posted by SirLes View Post
          We sold our best striker and you were quite happy about that.
          Yes, I was happy because he was no better than what we had! He was terrible at times.

Now Gorkss is a good player who I rate highly!

Comment

A player is worth whatever someone is willing to pay for them. Leeds let Delph go in a deal that could be worth as much as £8m - a league 1 player. I think what needs to be decided by the board, is whether JB is worth the long term investment. I'd quite happily pay £5-6m for him even rising to £8-10m with add ons for reaching the prem etc, as I truly believe that this boy could get us up & do a job when we get there. What needs to be decided is whether the board can see this as a long term investment. The way I see it is pay the money now or we lose out forever. Worse case scenario - Man utd buy him off us for £25m in 3 years. Just an opinion,but I for one think he's worth the gamble.

Comment

Yes, I was happy because he was no better than what we had! He was terrible at times.

Now Gorkss is a good player who I rate highly!
              No better than what we had? How many did he score last season and who was our second top scorer?

Comment

No better than what we had? How many did he score last season and who was our second top scorer?
                He is no better than who we have now as remember he missed **** easy chances like Helguson and Vine and also Agyemang. He wasn't good with his feet either.

Comment

He is no better than who we have now as remember he missed **** easy chances like Helguson and Vine and also Agyemang. He wasn't good with his feet either.
                  Dex scored 12 for us, 4 more than Helguson, Vine and Agy combined so he is better than what we have i'm afraid.

Comment

we are so desparate for a striker have to say yes to the deal

Comment

Dex scored 12 for us, 4 more than Helguson, Vine and Agy combined so he is better than what we have i'm afraid.

can't argue with that

as for Beckford, I'd personally pay what ever they want, the guy is class, the guy scores for fun, whether it be Div 2 Div 1 or on the frigging moon the goals are the same size no matter what div your in & if the doubters took time out to check out the vids of his goals on youtube you would then change your mind about him, would i add Gorrks to the deal, NO CHANCE just offer what they want in CASH, as someone has already said he'
                      ll be worth a bundle in a couple of years time, he's only 25 so got the best years in front of him, put it this way, £6M to earn a minimum £40M it's a no brainer for me.

Comment

Its a tough call for me but I just edged on the side of "no beckford"

Comment

No.......Bates is taking the pee.
                          They seek him here.................

Comment

Originally posted by MorrisQPR View Post
                            They dont want Agyemang.
                            i wonder why:what:

Comment

If thats the case I suggest Paladini starts looking at another target because the transfer window creeps ever closer and if we don't sign at least one striker we WILL NOT make the play offs.

Comment

Sorry,am I missing something? Why would a player of Gorkss quality want to play in league one? Not happening. Not even worth the debate. Forget it.

Comment

Working...
                                X