No announcement yet.

Training Ground Or Office...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well sorry but I don't know what any managers do day to day. I assumed Warnock was always on the training ground and then there seemed to be stories that he was rarely in London let alone Harlington, dunno if this was true even now.
    But ok you have given me 2 examples Clough and Hughes at Foolem. So my opinion is that the Fools finished in their highest position under him and Cloughie won everything but the FA cup so............seems like a good idea to me, but then Fergie is always pictured on the training ground and he's won a couple of games too...........So to sum up...........its whatever works for you really isn't it?

Comment

I can understand it more if the manager has charisma, or is a leader of men so to speak. He may want to be more aloof sometimes, but not too much. If he has coaches he trusts it may be okay, but as a player I'd want the person picking the team to see my training efforts.

I am not saying Hughes isn't out there, just that he didn't used to be.

Comment

Well, maybe he trusts his underlings with a lot more responsibility than other managers. As long is it works, why not? If you're a player and want to impress him all you have to do is perform well and the message will get passed on to him...

Comment

Stedders, I'm with you on this

I don't know if MH is an office manager or not...........................but

If I was a player , I would want the manager at the training sessions as much as possible. Its not like they train for long in any one day anyway.

How can he make decisions on what works or does not works on the advice of one of the coaches. Surely he has got to want to see it for himself. Of course you need coaches to specialize in certain areas. In that case MH might as well sit in the office on match days

Maybe the coaches are telling MH that SWP is a great player and that's why he keeps playing him !!!!!!

I could never have respect for a manager giving orders or giving out about the way I was playing if he never turned up to training.

I'm not saying this is the case or getting on MH back (I'm actually a MH fan) but a bit worrying as this keeps doing the rounds that he is an office manager.

Whatever MH is doing, it ain't working that's a fact

I know a player who used to play for man city when MH was there, and he told me that MH spoke to him twice the whole time he was there. He said that MH hardly spoke to players at all and this particular player said it did not sit well with most players.

Comment

QPRMurph, your last paragraph is especially telling. I think in any management role, be it football or otherwise, you need to have a relationship with your workers, and that includes and requires good communication. I doubt very much if that is a strength of Mark Hughes unless he suddenly turns on a personality behind closed doors, and suddenly drops this distant aura. If we were winning then fair enough, but we aren't so perhaps something different should be tried by him?

Comment

Working...
            X