No announcement yet.

Pop up when using WATRB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Buy a MAC. You get no problems like that at all.

Comment

Originally posted by agoodm View Post
      This is quite odd. I am confident that the site is clean. I have not experienced any popups. Most likely I feel is that affected computers are infected with some kind of malware.

Could those affected visit http://support.kaspersky.com/faq/?qid=208283363 and follow instructions relating to 'how to disinfect a compromised system'.

Id like to know what the results, especially if you cant browse to this website / you cant actually download the software / you cant run the software or it closes unexpectedly during the scan.

The particular type of malware I think is involved will get around most common anti virus and anti malware applications since they do not scan the relevant areas of the disk.

I will subscribe to this thread to provide faster responses to replies.
      Done this clean as a whistle. Still getting redirected to the survey though.

Comment

Originally posted by EYR View Post
        A couple of times recently whilst on here when navigating around WATRB pages i get a pop up from juicyru.com stating 'Congratulations youve won a ipad' and 'Take part in local survey' anyone else had this?
        I can tell you're not happy about this. but look on the bright side, you won an ipad.

Comment

First time in a while I have tried to log in on here with my laptop and I got redirected too. Also when I tried to log in there is a small ad across the user name and password box and I couldn't log in
          God I miss cooke's pie & mash

Comment

Still happening to me too.

Have run a scan and computer is clean.

Just been on Wickes and Homebase sites for nearly an hour - no problem.

Been on WATRB for a few minutes and redirected to pop up for ipad.

Deffo seems a WATRB problem???

Comment

Try running this to find any threats....its one of the best free ones.

http://www.malwarebytes.org/products/malwarebytes_free/

Comment

The same thing happened to me this morning. I run malwarebytes every day and it said everything was ok.

Comment

We are still looking into this, if any of you have problems with pop up adverts, please report it, along with which page you were on, and which link you clicked on.

This may take a while to sort out, but we'll do it, we don't want pop up's on this site and we all hate them.

Comment

Is anyone getting pop-ups with Chrome?

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
                      I been getting that too, although I just click on forum no probs
                      myu mine used to show whats new but now shows articles instead in case this helps you
                      We changed the pages over.

Comment

Anyone getting pop-ups please state which browser youre using.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley76 View Post
                          Anyone getting pop-ups please state which browser youre using.
                          What device are you using to visit this site?

Which web browser are you using?

How long have you had this problem?

What spyware/antivirus software to you use?

Do you have more than one tab open in your web browser?

How often do you get the pop ups?

Comment

just had another one ,this time with a voice message

Comment

microsoft security essentials, browser Windows internet explorer. Happens every log on for the last couple of weeks.

Comment

We have over 2000 people visit us per day and only around 5 people are having problems with pop up on this site.

No one should be seeing pop ups, unless it's to notify you that you have a message from another member.

We are still working on it and keep reporting it in this post, each time it happens.

What device are you using to visit this site?

Which web browser are you using?

How long have you had this problem?

What spyware/antivirus software to you use?

Do you have more than one tab open in your web browser?

How often do you get the pop ups?

Comment

Working...
                                X