The table doesnt Lie.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The table doesnt Lie.

IMO this is the best way to look at things.
    - Yep, we are second from bottom without a win!! Not Ideal, and certainly not the position which reflects our squad.

But we have in fact played a lot of the 'Top half/ In form teams' (Please do not reply with they took three points of us. Really doesnt make any difference....)

Reading was probably the only game so far that we have lets ourselves down. We really SHOULD have won!! It was a 6 pointer. Gaining a point away to Norwich is a great success as we usually lose to them and it is a hard place to travel to.

My point is, if MH loses or draws all three of the following games then his position should possibly be considered.

- Southampton *No less than Three Points
    - Stoke *A point
    - Villa *No less than three points

These games are winnable or at least require a good points haul.

Man Utd
    Chelsea PLAYED - DREW
    Man City PLAYED
    Everton PLAYED - DREW
    West Brom PLAYED - Scored Two away goals
    Tottenham PLAYED - Should have Won
    Arsenal PLAYED - Mbia Cost us
    Fulham
    West Ham PLAYED
    Newcastle
    Swansea PLAYED
    Liverpool
    Wigan
    Norwich PLAYED
    Stoke
    Sunderland
    Aston Villa
    Reading PLAYED
    QPR
    Southampton

Cant keep making excuses for him qpr4life , just have to accept that Hughes is a very poor manager and with him leading us we have been a very poor team.

Comment

Originally posted by vblockranger View Post
      Cant keep making excuses for him qpr4life , just have to accept that Hughes is a very poor manager and with him leading us we have been a very poor team.
      Vblock - I clearly said above about moving him on if he doesn't produce.

I understand you dislike my 'Positivity' but above is fair post looking at things in a different prospective. At least answer or reply to what ive said.....

Comment

Correct. Too many people seem to conveniently forget the league table and Hughes's record as our manager. I'm not saying people should all become rabid Hughes out merchants, but it would be good if some people accepted the fact that others are not sure about Hughes because of our league position and his track record at the club.

It's also forgotten that we expected to beat Swansea and WHU but didn't.
        Supporting QPR isn't just about a football team. It's about roots and identity.

Comment

Originally posted by QPR Richard View Post
          Correct. Too many people seem to conveniently forget the league table and Hughes's record as our manager. I'm not saying people should all become rabid Hughes out merchants, but it would be good if some people accepted the fact that others are not sure about Hughes because of our league position and his track record at the club.

It's also forgotten that we expected to beat Swansea and WHU but didn't.
          Like I said - Read my post.

Missing my point completely.. Im trying to say we are yet to play Stoke, Southampton etc... Im hoping these will give us a better run (Wins)

Comment

...although, i do support hughes (i just can't bring myself to accept that the way forward involves changing manager (at huge cost) once a year and the subsequent overhaul of the squad - face it, we rarely make a profit on a player), the table makes me shudder.

yeah we've been unlucky in some of the games we lost - a*senal, spuds, even swansea - we've also been a bit lucky with a couple of the draws.

what really worries me is this: even if we win the next three on the bounce (which we probably won't), we'll still only have 13 points from 13 games. a third of the season will have gone by and we'll still be short of the points per game needed to get to 40 points by the end of it.

Comment

Originally posted by klonk View Post
              ...although, i do support hughes (i just can't bring myself to accept that the way forward involves changing manager (at huge cost) once a year and the subsequent overhaul of the squad - face it, we rarely make a profit on a player), the table makes me shudder.

yeah we've been unlucky in some of the games we lost - a*senal, spuds, even swansea - we've also been a bit lucky with a couple of the draws.

what really worries me is this: even if we win the next three on the bounce (which we probably won't), we'll still only have 13 points from 13 games. a third of the season will have gone by and we'll still be short of the points per game needed to get to 40 points by the end of it.
              We also went on a run of games last year and lost LOADS!!

Comment

Originally posted by qpr4life View Post
                Like I said - Read my post.

Missing my point completely.. Im trying to say we are yet to play Stoke, Southampton etc... Im hoping these will give us a better run (Wins)
                Over six games, I had us down to win against Reading Southampton and Villa, hopefully draws against Stoke and Sunderland, and a loss to Man Utd. If we don't get maximum points at home, and we lose all our away games which, given our form under Hughes, is not beyond the realms of impossibility, I can't see how he can survive. I want us to win the lot, but history suggests we won't.

Comment

Originally posted by QPR Richard View Post
                  Over six games, I had us down to win against Reading Southampton and Villa, hopefully draws against Stoke and Sunderland, and a loss to Man Utd. If we don't get maximum points at home, and we lose all our away games which, given our form under Hughes, is not beyond the realms of impossibility, I can't see how he can survive. I want us to win the lot, but history suggests we won't.
                  Yeah, my point being if we lose or dont pick up enough points over the next few games then MH should lose his job.

I am human Vblock, I do understand MH needs to win games etc to keep his job ;-)

Comment

bottom 3 at xmas qpr4life and you would expect Hughes sacked and replaced?

Comment

bottom 3 at xmas qpr4life and you would expect Hughes sacked and replaced?
                      Personally - I would get rid of him if he fails to pick up 6 points from the Villa, Southampton or Stoke games.

Christmas is a little too late possibly.

Im just worried about change causing us more issues... Will Harry change an awful lot. Probably defensively.

Comment

Don't believe mark Hughes is a very poor manager. We've played good football and he's done well at other clubs. HOWEVER Mark Hughes and Queens Park Rangers are not made for each other. Sometimes in football, players and clubs or as is our situation, managers and clubs just don't work. If he was to go to another prem club I'm sure he'd do well. Likewise we'd have a chance of performing better with a different manager.

Comment

qpr4life has a point though, if we were to get 7 points out of those 3 games we might be far less negative.

Comment

Originally posted by willis1980 View Post
                            qpr4life has a point though, if we were to get 7 points out of those 3 games we might be far less negative.
                            Course we would. Thats only natural (I think five is more realistic haha...)

I think with the the way the table is, its showing this could be totally different in final league positions. WBA are STORMING IT!!

A lot of teams have bad patches. Villa played awful last year but managed to stay up

Comment

Originally posted by willis1980 View Post
                              True, and that's why I say we look at the next five games and see what the position is then. The Villa game for me is the key game. I think we need to take around 8 points. There are some, however, who believe he should be give the whole season, and even if we get relegated, be given the opportunity to bring us straight back up. I disagree with this, but it's all about opinions.

With some serious money around next season, I'd be surprised if the board gives Hughes too much flexibility if things aren't working.

Comment

Working...
                              X