Cesar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cesar

Whilst I am impressed with his shot stopping while dealing with shots from outside the 6 yard box, I am not impressed with how he deals with shots made three or four metres out or his goal kicks. Every time someone has a dig at goal from close range he reacts half an hour late.

Is it me or do others feel the same and think he should do better? For the goal yesterday and the two against West Ham he was woeful and why does he show no emotion when he lets one in?? Time to recall Green anyone??
    22nd February away v Charlton is the 40th Anniversary of my support of QPR and my first game. Away v Chelsea 3-3 23rd Feb 1974. 40 years of pure magic!!

I think he is very good. I don;t think he will be thinking QPR are very good right now though and can't imagine he is overly happy to be here now!

Green is decent, but full of blunders and I don't think he commands the respect he should.
    twitter @silvercue

soundcloud

Comment

The one yesterday he should've done better with... it went through his hands, but the ones against West ham were no fault of his. It's been done to death, but anyone who seriouly blames him for not saving a shot when it was deflected past him at the last second is being ridiculous.

Comment

Del, I am not blaming him at all , I think hes probably the best keeper we've had since the days of Seaman, Woods and Hucker, but even with a slight deflection (Yesterdays goal) the ball went straight through his hands
        22nd February away v Charlton is the 40th Anniversary of my support of QPR and my first game. Away v Chelsea 3-3 23rd Feb 1974. 40 years of pure magic!!

Comment

To be fair to Cesar, the ball was hit at pace and from close range. Difficult to stop that kind of shot.
          Supporting QPR isn't just about a football team. It's about roots and identity.

Comment

Originally posted by Sotonsuperhoop View Post
            Del, I am not blaming him at all , I think hes probably the best keeper we've had since the days of Seaman, Woods and Hucker, but even with a slight deflection (Yesterdays goal) the ball went straight through his hands
            I was talking about the west ham deflection.

I agree yesterday he should've really saved it and it was unlike him for it to slip through his hands. I just think he was a bit disorientated after lunging for the first header which hit the bar, then clattered into a couple of players when landing before spinning round and Gorkss shot was at him before he had a chance to settle. That said he wouuld've still normally saved it.

he is a world class keeper and already in his short time with us has made many incredible saves in games at key moments.

Comment

he was so upset after the game, he ran out and threw himself under a bus ....... but it went through his hands
              Football played the Charlie Ferris way

Comment

Green in!!!!!!!
                Been saying for weeks the goals conceded he should do better with a lot of em

Comment

Behind THAT defence everybody would now and then look like a clown.
                  QPR
                  Best team in the world
                  Sort of

Comment

Amazing reflexes and shot-stopping but poor distribution, you could say the same about Paddy Kenny really...
                    "When you went to the corner and saw our fans celebrating the way they were you just wanted to be part of it" - Shaun Derry after we beat the scum 1-0

Comment

Working...
                    X