Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is TF backing Hughes or his own judgement ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is TF backing Hughes or his own judgement ?

TF has come out in support for MH and is backing him to the hilt

Nothing wrong in that,maintain stability ,take some of the pressure off the manager whilst we prepare for 3 very important games.also it gives TF the opportunity to prove his faith in appointing MH in the first instance.

If we don't get at least 2 positive results from these games then I still feel the axe will fall as beyond these 3 games if we fail then it would cast a cloud on TF's judgement. The problem for the Qpr board would be the personnel infrustucture they've just built around MH it would upset the business model greatly.whether that warrants losing conservatively a net 65million I don't know.

He has chosen his side with the exception of 2 players is my non confirmed belief
    (Park & M'bia). Not that I think he would of been unreceptive to taking these players on but does he HAVE to play them when available.

M'bia from the press reports suggest he joined us on an uneducated whim.
    Being part of an engineered route out for J. Barton esq.

M'bia also made some strange comments reference training as well
    These players can be a very disruptive force and a statement from the club should be forthcoming to
    Set the record straight.

In any event my belief is the Arm around the managers shoulder will shotly be coming to an end after these 3 games if the right results are not forthcoming.

He has to back Hughes at the moment as he has convinced whoever has put the money (as it clearly isn't all his personal money)in that MH is trusted to spend it in two windows so far and the result of that cannot possibly be going 3 places backwards overall (we were 4th from bottom when he took charge and have never been higher IIRC).

So not backing him would be

1. An admission of failure
    2. An indication to the backers that they have flushed their money down the toilet
    3. An indication that to save ourselves another big spend is required in the next window, becuase we didn't get it right in the last two
    Last edited by silvercue; 29-10-2012, 11:14 AM.
    twitter @silvercue

soundcloud

Comment

I think he honestly does feel MH is the right person and it's only a matter of time until things all click into place. I share similar belief, as do many fans, although i do despair at some team selections and playing 1 up front at home against beatable teams.... yes many say playing attacking midfielders is almost like playing 3 up front, but in reality it's not. The likes of Taarabt and Hoilett do not have a striker's instinct. That's why a player of Taarabts immense talent has only scored 4 goals in 1 and a quarter seasons. Cisse got more in 8 games last season and yet is being overlooked. That's not me saying he shoul dplay instead of Tarbs by the way. He should play instead of BZ, or with BZ and sacrifice one of the midfielders.

Back on MH future, TF obviously wants it to work as he's almost stuck all eggs in his basket by building the complete backroom staff around people MH has obvioulsy recommended having worked with in the past. He also knows if we can win a couple of these games, which is very possible, the table will look completely different and panic gone.

Also if we were playing woefully it would be a different picture, but we're not on the whole, and at times have been sublime for long periods, only to let ourselves down with silly mistakes costing us at crucial times. Also in our 9 games we have played many top teams (City, Chelsea, Arsenal, Spurs) and others in top form, ala West Brom.

Comment

Norwich, Southampton and Reading are the three biggest reasons I can think of for such faith in the manager. Just as Wolves, Blackburn and Bolton were for last years "escape".

Comment

I am pleased Tony has been calm because I too am confident things will improve.

It's incredible how fans moan about changes and moan about stability. Keep the faith ffs
          I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Originally posted by silvercue View Post
            He has to back Hughes at the moment as he has convinced whoever has put the money (as it clearly isn't all his personal money)in that MH is trusted to spend it in two windows so far and the result of that cannot possibly be going 3 places backwards overall (we were 4th from bottom when he took charge and have never been higher IIRC).

So not backing him would be

1. An admission of failure
            2. An indication to the backers that they have flushed their money down the toilet
            3. An indication that to save ourselves another big spend is required in the next window, becuase we didn't get it right in the last two

The other side of the coin would also be
            1.Its not working and you know it,so why the hell have you not done anything about it?
            2.Not doing anything about it could cost us £80 mil.
            3.Why have we got you in charge when you are not making these decisions?

I am not saying MH out now,but there must come a time when you have to ask your self how much longer do we leave it?
            I hated the Tango and cash days of manager after manager but this board has backed him with alot of money and now it's time to produce.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoop daddy View Post
              The other side of the coin would also be
              1.Its not working and you know it,so why the hell have you not done anything about it?
              2.Not doing anything about it could cost us £80 mil.
              3.Why have we got you in charge when you are not making these decisions?

I am not saying MH out now,but there must come a time when you have to ask your self how much longer do we leave it?
              I hated the Tango and cash days of manager after manager but this board has backed him with alot of money and now it's time to produce.

Relagation does not cost you 80 million. Some people say that is what promotion can be worth, but seeing as much of that is, the now even bigger, parachute payments, then peolple have wrongly assumed that relagation cost 80 million.
              twitter @silvercue

soundcloud

Comment

Have any of the Hughes cheerleaders taken a look at the league table this morning, and looked at Hughes's away record since he arrived?
                Supporting QPR isn't just about a football team. It's about roots and identity.

Comment

in any business that aspires to be at the forefront of its field a manager who continually fails to deliver will lose his job.........i fully expcect mark hughes to be out of work come december!
                  you know nothing john snow!!!!

Comment

Agree, his away record is horrific- must be up there with the worst in our history? But i'm yet to see anyone suggest a realistic replacement.

I'm not a Hughes cheerleader, I just think we're far better off with him in the long run as it will allow us to have some stability at last.

Comment

Wouldn't be surprised if TF is looking at another manager just in case. I'm sure a businessman of his standing would have a plan B.

Comment

Originally posted by DouDou_87 View Post
                        Agree, his away record is horrific- must be up there with the worst in our history? But i'm yet to see anyone suggest a realistic replacement.

I'm not a Hughes cheerleader, I just think we're far better off with him in the long run as it will allow us to have some stability at last.
                        Depends what you want really. Stability and relegation, or change the manager and survival.

Comment

Originally posted by silvercue View Post
                          Relagation does not cost you 80 million. Some people say that is what promotion can be worth, but seeing as much of that is, the now even bigger, parachute payments, then peolple have wrongly assumed that relagation cost 80 million.
                          Ok the £80 mil is a bit off but the whole analogy remains the same,not doing something about it and doing nothing can be just as bad as sticking to your guns.
                          I'm not saying this is the right thing to do just putting it out there.

Comment

sunderland changed round the same time last season and oneil took the same squad to better than safety!
                            you know nothing john snow!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by QPR Richard View Post
                              Wouldn't be surprised if TF is looking at another manager just in case. I'm sure a businessman of his standing would have a plan B.
                              Of course they are. TF will be fully backing MH until the day he has someone else secured, should that be necessary.
                              twitter @silvercue

soundcloud

Comment

Working...
                              X